FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 12, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #11,777 of 18,020
  for some reason my X7 tries to play the first line of my m3u8 file, which is :
#EXTINF:622,A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos I

this is not the file. the file is one line lower:
A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 101 - Atomos I.flac

the entire structure of my playlist is as such:

#EXTINF:348,Muse - Aftermath
Muse/2015 - Drones/Muse - 2015 - Drones - 110 - Aftermath.flac
#EXTINF:607,Muse - The Globalist
Muse/2015 - Drones/Muse - 2015 - Drones - 111 - The Globalist.flac
#EXTINF:172,Muse - Drones
Muse/2015 - Drones/Muse - 2015 - Drones - 112 - Drones.flac
#EXTINF:301,Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Nirvana/1991 - Nevermind/Nirvana - 1991 - Nevermind - 101 - Smells Like Teen Spirit.flac
#EXTINF:255,Nirvana - In Bloom

how do i stop this from happening? it only happens with the very first line of the file.

some technical data:
file saved using Kate for GNU/Linux, BOM (byte order mark) on, saved in UTF-8 encoding.

turns out i was not stupid after all. i removed #EXTM3U at the top of the file previously, because it would try to play #EXT3MU as a file.

anybody else having issues with this?

May 12, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #11,778 of 18,020
I've got a silly question.

On the default player app, while I'm playing through an album, how do I see a "now playing" type of list to show what tracks are coming up ahead on that album?
Going back to the Local Music browser view isn't practical because it just remembers where you were browsing rather than what list is currently playing.

May 12, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #11,779 of 18,020
  I've got a silly question.

On the default player app, while I'm playing through an album, how do I see a "now playing" type of list to show what tracks are coming up ahead on that album?
Going back to the Local Music browser view isn't practical because it just remembers where you were browsing rather than what list is currently playing.

on the player, swipe from left side of screen

May 12, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #11,780 of 18,020

on the player, swipe from left side of screen

Wow thanks. That was exactly what I was looking for.

I didn't notice this function because I'm using a leather case, which makes it pretty difficult to reach and swipe from the edge of the screen.
Without taking off the case, it most likely ends up as "track skip" (swiping from left to right).

Basically the similar issue with AK players where the settings menu is swipe down from the top edge, whereas track skip is also swipe down, so leather case is bad for these Android swipe motions.

May 13, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #11,782 of 18,020
May 13, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #11,783 of 18,020
  Hi All

I've got a FiiO X5 2nd Gen and Fidue A83 IEM's. I'm thinking of getting a X7 with the AM1 module, as you won't be able to choose what module you get for a while yet. Nice move FiiO!

My question is, apart from Bluetooth and WI-FI, what sonic improvements could I look forward to? Or should I wait until I can purchase the X7 with my choice of amp module?

Regards

Darren

Anyone have an answer?

May 13, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #11,784 of 18,020
  In order to properly use the AM5 do I need to upgrade to the newest firmware?   If so, if I am not using equalization will I have any problems with the firmware?   I have primarily been running my X7 in pure music mode and occasionally using the bluetooth connectivity.   

I'm just trying to make sure I don't cause myself a problem by updating to the latest firmware to use the AM5.

Thanks
Mike

Yes, the AM5 needs to work with the new firmware FW1.91. And if you don't use the equalizer and Blutooth at the same time, there shall be no extra problem with the update.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 13, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #11,786 of 18,020
  Yes, the AM5 needs to work with the new firmware FW1.91. And if you don't use the equalizer and Blutooth at the same time, there shall be no extra problem with the update.

I could use some clarification here, and pardon my ignorance, but I had heard that you can't EQ a Bluetooth stream anyway. I will not pretend to know enough to say I am confident about this so I am asking in this thread as I'm likely to get an answer from some very knowledgeable members, plus, if using the EQ and Bluetooth can cause issues for some X7 users, knowing whether or not to even bother with an EQ when using Bluetooth will save them some frustration. 

May 13, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #11,787 of 18,020

... but I had heard that you can't EQ a Bluetooth stream anyway.

...plus, if using the EQ and Bluetooth can cause issues for some X7 users, knowing whether or not to even bother with an EQ when using Bluetooth will save them some frustration. 

Yes, EQ works with Bluetooth.

I have mentioned the problem here a few times. @FiiO has issued a couple of statements here--including a possible fix in the next update.

Oh, wait, now I get your last statement. Yes, EQ works with a Bluetooth stream.

May 13, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #11,789 of 18,020

Yes, EQ works with Bluetooth.

I have mentioned the problem here a few times. @FiiO has issued a couple of statements here--including a possible fix in the next update.

Oh, wait, now I get your last statement. Yes, EQ works with a Bluetooth stream.

Thanks mate, I wasn't sure as I thought I had read somewhere that you can't receive the EQing at the receiving device such as a headphone. I'm trying to remember where I read this and in what context as I may have misunderstood the author, plus my knowledge of the technical realm of Bluetooth transmission/receiving is poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back