FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 12, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #11,747 of 18,020
In order to properly use the AM5 do I need to upgrade to the newest firmware?   If so, if I am not using equalization will I have any problems with the firmware?   I have primarily been running my X7 in pure music mode and occasionally using the bluetooth connectivity.   

I'm just trying to make sure I don't cause myself a problem by updating to the latest firmware to use the AM5.

Thanks
Mike

May 12, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #11,748 of 18,020
Hey, the ribbon cables, is there a way to upgrade ?
biggrin.gif

send me $1000 and i'll make it happen. an all silver ribbon cable. corrosion at no extra charge! :wink:

May 12, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #11,750 of 18,020
In order to properly use the AM5 do I need to upgrade to the newest firmware?   If so, if I am not using equalization will I have any problems with the firmware?   I have primarily been running my X7 in pure music mode and occasionally using the bluetooth connectivity.   

I'm just trying to make sure I don't cause myself a problem by updating to the latest firmware to use the AM5.

Thanks
Mike

I upgraded to the newest firmware following the purchase of AM5.

There was a noticeable increase in volume, dynamics (and of course the registering of AM5 instead of AM4 in the task bar) compared to the AM2 once the firmware was applied. I've not noticed anything untoward with Bluetooth, either with the RM1 or to an external speaker.

Good luck

May 12, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #11,751 of 18,020
I bought the Fiio X7 primarily because of its WiFi (no problem with WiFi) and Bluetooth advantage. I hope in the firmware updates the distortion issue shall be resolved.

Still distort from FW 1.5 (if I recalled FW correctly) to FW 1.91.

I have tried connecting via Bluetooth to good brands of audio speakers and portables at audio shops.

My source are mainly flac and lossless files when I test the X7 with any Bluetooth audio. Even then with mp3 format songs it distort.

Songs distort when hit certain level of mid to high frequency range.

I am honestly frustrated and I hope fiio shall look into this.

Unless mine is a lemon, What is missing in Fiio X7 Bluetooth capability?

Can the next firmware address this issue?

Thank you.

P.S:

A few pages back, I had shared an email from Fiio regarding the bluetooth distortion issue.

I've also followed the data wipe factory reset and reboot steps that Fiio has helped me via email which I appreciate very much.

And the audio gear, system and portables which I have connected X7, are Bluetooth 4.0 as well.

Thank you again.

May 12, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #11,752 of 18,020
I upgraded to the newest firmware following the purchase of AM5.

There was a noticeable increase in volume, dynamics (and of course the registering of AM5 instead of AM4 in the task bar) compared to the AM2 once the firmware was applied. I've not noticed anything untoward with Bluetooth, either with the RM1 or to an external speaker.

Good luck

What headphones are you using?

May 12, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #11,755 of 18,020

After doing some research i can tell you that that's a fake card. There is no 200gb sandisk ultra PLUS. 128GB is highest 'plus' sandisk micro SD.

May 12, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #11,756 of 18,020
After doing some research i can tell you that that's a fake card. There is no 200gb sandisk ultra PLUS. 128GB is highest 'plus' sandisk micro SD.

Thanks for looking into that.

I just had Sandisk on the line and yet again they assured the card is legit. (With photos such as I posted here)

Also Amazon was the seller and Sandisk supplies Amazon - there was no 3rd party. 

Beside their verification - I never did hear of a fake card that actually performed exactly as the original, with proper speed & memory.
It's only in the X7 I am having problems with this card.

I'm stumped

May 12, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #11,757 of 18,020
Thanks for looking into that.

I just had Sandisk on the line and yet again they assured the card is legit. (With photos such as I posted here)

Also Amazon was the seller and Sandisk supplies Amazon - there was no 3rd party. 

Beside their verification - I never did hear of a fake card that actually performed exactly as the original, with proper speed & memory.
It's only in the X7 I am having problems with this card.

I'm stumped

It's really strange, as even on their own website there is no mention of 200gb ultra plus cards, nor can i find any info on them on even half-respectable tech/gadget sites

May 12, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #11,758 of 18,020
It's really strange, as even on their own website there is no mention of 200gb ultra plus cards, nor can i find any info on them on even half-respectable tech/gadget sites

That was my concern with Sandisk and the rep assured me that card is legit.
I've put in written request about the "Plus" designation - after that I can ask Amazon to replace it without the plus.

May 12, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #11,759 of 18,020
It's really strange, as even on their own website there is no mention of 200gb ultra plus cards

Unfortunately, this is not the only Sandisk original product that is not listed on their web site.

May 12, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #11,760 of 18,020

That was my concern with Sandisk and the rep assured me that card is legit.
I've put in written request about the "Plus" designation - after that I can ask Amazon to replace it without the plus.

Here is Sandisk Reply

"I appreciate your continued response. SanDisk manufactured the Ultra Plus 200 GB microSD cards for a very short time and in a very small batch, so there are only a few units available in the retail markets. Primarily, SanDisk manufactures the 200 GB card in the Ultra variant only. Please reply to this email should you require further assistance. We are glad to help!"

Maybe that is a problem- why the small batch - why did they stop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back