FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 15, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #11,806 of 18,020
Why do you think this is the case? This was mentioned as being known by FiiO months ago now and since then they have come out with at least 2 updates if not 3 and this is still an issue. I'm not positive about this, but I had read somewhere when researching DAPs that the ability to store app content to a internal micro SD was Android version dependent. Again, I am not 100% certain of this, but if it is true it might explain why FiiO is unable to achieve this functionality with the X7. I would bet you will see it with X7ii.

Wouldn't this be an Android issue? I know the newest version of Android that this was resolved but older version you can not save to a mSD.
What Android version is the X7 up to now? I will be getting to try the X7 out soon with all the Amp Modules, can wait to compare it to my Onkyo DP-X1 which is able to save Tidal to a mSD.Agreeing with you that its an Android issue.

May 15, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #11,808 of 18,020
To all of you who use your X7 in the car a lot I heartily recommend the RM1 remote....here is my review if it helps;

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-rm1-bluetooth-remote-controller/reviews/16001

May 15, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #11,809 of 18,020

Wouldn't this be an Android issue? I know the newest version of Android that this was resolved but older version you can not save to a mSD.
What Android version is the X7 up to now? I will be getting to try the X7 out soon with all the Amp Modules, can wait to compare it to my Onkyo DP-X1 which is able to save Tidal to a mSD.Agreeing with you that its an Android issue.

Isn't the X7 Android 4.4 (Kitkat)? I can't quite recall from the short time that I had one but I know that 4.4 on my previous smartphone based rig had no problem saving streaming content to external storage.

FiiO told me at the time that they were working on a solution and appear to be saying the same thing to more recent owners, so it seems unlikely that the OS won't allow it.

It does seem to be taking a long time to resolve a fundamental problem with the device; I'm certainly glad that I didn't wait around for a fix.

Instead I now wait for Onkyo to resolve the playback quality problems from that externally stored content 
rolleyes.gif

Perhaps FiiO will solve both problems at once and i can come back into the fold 
smile.gif

May 15, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #11,811 of 18,020
Perhaps the reason for the wait is because FiiO is looking into upgrading the X7 to 5.0?

Now that would be something..

I would think that they would be working toward Marshmallow as a goal for the X7ii, and perhaps, but I still doubt it, Lollipop for the X7. I suspect if you have an X7 now, it will not be getting Android 5. Even the big companies like LG take quite a bit of time rolling out a new Android version to their devices, for instance, my G3 received Marshmallow quite a bit later than G4 owners and the lead time from when LG said they would roll out Android 6 to suitable devices and when it happened wasn't very quick which suggests it is a complex task and not likely something FiiO wants to mess with. Who knows, maybe they do, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that score. Like most people, I prefer being right when I speculate, certainly when publically such as this post, but it would be nice to be wrong for sure.

May 16, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #11,812 of 18,020
Android 5 i can see happening, android 6 not so much.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/11/10/android-5-0-lollipop-now-boots-on-rockchip-rk3188-tablets/

May 16, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #11,815 of 18,020
Oh no, I have a loose connection in the line-out
frown.gif

I bought my X7 at ea-audio, should I contact them or fiio directly? Does anybody have experience with this kind of thing?

Is the socket loose or is it the actual connection? Have you tried other connectors to make sure it isn't the connector? 

May 16, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #11,816 of 18,020

I just received my X7 yesterday.  I popped in my card from my X3ii.  Most things seem to work, but some files will play one way, but not another.

For example, there's an album that I tried browsing to by folder/file.  When I select a track, I get an error that the file wasn't found.  If I pick that same track by going through Artist->track, it plays it just fine so it's clearly finding the file just fine.  This album happens to be in FLAC format.  Even weirder, if after trying to pick one of those tracks in file mode, after I get the error, then hit the back button...and it starts playing the album.  At that point, the interface is confused.  I can't pause, ffw, etc until I pick a different track in another folder.

On another album, picking any track through the file interface gives me an error about an unsupported file format. It's an mp3. But, they are all cataloged properly and again play just fine when attempted through artist->track.

In both cases, the same tracks play fine if played from an m3u playlist.

It wouldn't be a big deal if Fiio would group albums under an artists.  That's the primary reason that I use file mode so that I can easily browse by artist, then album.

May 16, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #11,817 of 18,020
Along with my X7, I got an AM2 module.  When trying to swap it in, I was taking the screws out for the original module.  First one came out fine.  Second one is in so tight that I can't loosen it - it's just stripping out.

Any tricks, or will I need to swap the whole X7 to get one where I can remove the module?

May 16, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #11,818 of 18,020
When I had a problem I emailed ea-audio and they where really decent about it, sent me a replacement out within the week.

That is very reassuring, I will email them tonight, thank you!

Is the socket loose or is it the actual connection? Have you tried other connectors to make sure it isn't the connector? 

It is not the connector, i have tried several. When I push the connector gently to the sides it loses the signal. I don't know if I have somehow bumped it or something...

May 16, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #11,819 of 18,020
I just received my X7 yesterday.  I popped in my card from my X3ii.  Most things seem to work, but some files will play one way, but not another.

For example, there's an album that I tried browsing to by folder/file.  When I select a track, I get an error that the file wasn't found.  If I pick that same track by going through Artist->track, it plays it just fine so it's clearly finding the file just fine.  This album happens to be in FLAC format.  Even weirder, if after trying to pick one of those tracks in file mode, after I get the error, then hit the back button...and it starts playing the album.  At that point, the interface is confused.  I can't pause, ffw, etc until I pick a different track in another folder.

On another album, picking any track through the file interface gives me an error about an unsupported file format. It's an mp3. But, they are all cataloged properly and again play just fine when attempted through artist->track.

In both cases, the same tracks play fine if played from an m3u playlist.

It wouldn't be a big deal if Fiio would group albums under an artists.  That's the primary reason that I use file mode so that I can easily browse by artist, then album.

Hi, after selecting the artist and when tracks appear, there's a tiny album button on top right, it toggles to album view for that artist

Regards

May 16, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #11,820 of 18,020
Hi, after selecting the artist and when tracks appear, there's a tiny album button on top right, it toggles to album view for that artist

Regards

That only partially helps.  If an album has some mixed artist tags (for example albums where some tracks have a "featured" artist also), then you only see some of the tracks once you hit that Toggle. An example is Daft Punk's Random Access Memories.  That method only shows 7 tracks from the album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back