FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 16, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #11,821 of 18,020
That only partially helps.  If an album has some mixed artist tags (for example albums where some tracks have a "featured" artist also), then you only see some of the tracks once you hit that Toggle. An example is Daft Punk's Random Access Memories.  That method only shows 7 tracks from the album.

You are correct. But then, Showing all the tracks would be incorrect, since those other tracks are not "exclusively" from the selected artist, IMHO

Regards

May 16, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #11,822 of 18,020
You are correct. But then, Showing all the tracks would be incorrect, since those other tracks are not "exclusively" from the selected artist, IMHO

Regards

Yes, I agree that wouldn't be correct.  But there's the still the root problem - I can't play that album in its entirety with either method.  The big question is still why does the X7 think it can't find those files (it clearly can), or think they're unsupported (they clearly are).

May 16, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #11,823 of 18,020
I'm gonna pitch an idea here.

(Analoge volume potmeter)

May 16, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #11,825 of 18,020
Sign me up!

I'm really hoping the next X7 variation has volume pot.

I was really actually thinking of a potmeter on a module. Don't know if feasible for FiiO or even possible at all though.

May 16, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #11,826 of 18,020

Regards

I hate having all the artists listed separately for such albums. I rip them to my library with the compilation album name as the name of all of the artists so that I get one entry with all of the songs in one place. Sure for each track I may lose the name of the track artist, but if I need to I just look them up so no great loss.

May 16, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #11,829 of 18,020
It's a great idea - because the headphone jack is at the bottom also - so if walking with it in a pocket - jack would be up, and wheel would be in the correct position to be accessible.

May 16, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #11,830 of 18,020
My apologies if this has been discussed before; I did a search but couldn't find an answer. I just purchased an X7 and am having trouble when connected to a Mojo. When I play through Tidal premium it should be outputting at 192kHz but on the Mojo is only showing a red ball which is 44kHz. When I play downloaded music using the X7 player everything is correct except for DSD recordings which are showing as only 88kHz. I tried using Poweramp and Onkyo and get the same results. I switched to my LG V10 with the Mojo and everything works fine. Any help would be much appreciated!

May 17, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #11,831 of 18,020
My apologies if this has been discussed before; I did a search but couldn't find an answer. I just purchased an X7 and am having trouble when connected to a Mojo. When I play through Tidal premium it should be outputting at 192kHz but on the Mojo is only showing a red ball which is 44kHz. When I play downloaded music using the X7 player everything is correct except for DSD recordings which are showing as only 88kHz. I tried using Poweramp and Onkyo and get the same results. I switched to my LG V10 with the Mojo and everything works fine. Any help would be much appreciated!

Tidal is only 44.1kHz (Tidal HiFi is 16/44.1 lossless, CD quality - not lossy compressed 16/44.1 like Tidal Premium), what makes you think it should be 192kHz. No service streams music at that rate.

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/202722972-HiFi-vs-Premium-Subscriptions-

Obviously the FiiO X7 converts DSD to 88.2KHz PCM through the coaxial output. This could possibly change through a firmware update like it did for the wheel based X5ii. Not 100% positive about that though for the X7, only FiiO knows.

Edit: The LG is up sampling to 192kHz like all Android phones which is a bad idea with the Mojo as the Mojo is far more capable to sample the incoming signal than the LG phone. There is plenty of information about source players up sampling in the third post of the Mojo thread.

May 17, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #11,832 of 18,020
Thanks x Relic x. The power ball on Mojo was blue indicating 192kHz. I guess the LG V10 is upsampling to 192 for Tidal. Maybe a stupid question, but why would the X7 convert DSD to 88kHz PCM? Is it possible to get around that by using a different app?

May 17, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #11,834 of 18,020
What! Had my X7 charged overnight, but today it shows me only 82%! What is that???? 
mad.gif

May 17, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #11,835 of 18,020
Does anyone's X7 make random clicking noises, especially when in USB DAC mode? I'm not sure if this is normal. 

If only happening in USB DAC mode, it's probably the buffer settings and/or your computer problems. Open the "F" in your taskbar and change the buffer settings to something bigger / more conservative. If that doesn't help, get DPClat or latencymon and check your PC for problems with realtime audio.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back