FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 2, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #6,332 of 18,020
Btw, this gave me an idea.  So far I had it in Android Mode when I noticed a rather fast idle drain.  Will switch to pure music mode and let it idle overnight to see if it makes any difference, hoping that in pure music mode a lot of other android processes are being suspended.

yes, and everything people say should be tested in both modes. like the boot up time. i expect it to be shorter in pure music when less things are loaded.

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #6,333 of 18,020

Thanks that worked. I had it in the Pure Music Mode. Got it updated. 

we are taking some video about how to use X7 cause some features may not be familar with customers. hope it work and help people.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 2, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #6,334 of 18,020
we are taking some video about how to use X7 cause some features may not be familar with customers. hope it work and help people.

That would be very helpful for new users James.

Nov 2, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #6,336 of 18,020
Loaded Neutron player tonight (thanks Joe)

It works well - and seems to add "something" to the sonics compared to the default app. At a guess I'd say there is maybe a subtle crossfeed difference.  Anyway - now I'd say the X7 equals the L5 Pro on sonics, and definitely kills it on usability.  And that's nothing against the default app either - which I personally find easy to use and sounding really good - despite some of its quirks with library management.

And if anyone has the review X7, and is getting a little frustrated with selecting Artist > Album, and finding your tracks out of order, or lumped together (if you have multiple albums), then Neutron is a definite fix.

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #6,337 of 18,020

It works well - and seems to add "something" to the sonics compared to the default app.

Try this: disable 'generic driver' under Audio Hardware setting, see if you think there is a difference or not.

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #6,338 of 18,020

It works well - and seems to add "something" to the sonics compared to the default app. At a guess I'd say there is maybe a subtle crossfeed difference.  Anyway - now I'd say the X7 equals the L5 Pro on sonics, and definitely kills it on usability.  And that's nothing against the default app either - which I personally find easy to use and sounding really good - despite some of its quirks with library management.

And if anyone has the review X7, and is getting a little frustrated with selecting Artist > Album, and finding your tracks out of order, or lumped together (if you have multiple albums), then Neutron is a definite fix.

I didn't try Neutron on X7 yet (though, it's my default audio app on Note 4) since I thought it will be in a demo mode because it can't be registered.  Do you find any restrictions running Neutron?  But I did use HibyMusic app and have upgraded firmware last night.  Didn't want to jump into a conclusion yet since it was getting late and I was half a sleep listening
biggrin.gif
  I did listen more just now with fresh ears, and I have to say there is definitely a noticeable improvement using fw update from yesterday, and also some refinement in sound when comparing default FiiO app to Hiby (which also should be the case with Neutron).  Overall, I like what I'm hearing!!!  Soundstage definitely improved and sound became more dynamic (not as flat as it was with a default fw).  I personally don't think X7 (w/new fw) sounds on exactly the same level as L5 Pro, but the gap is closing in!  And with new amp modules - the sky's the limit
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #6,339 of 18,020
  Strange, I just returned from TAVES, and I was told by FiiO's Canadian importer rep that the X7 will cost between $8-900 CDN, possibly more, when released, which is now scheduled to be in the new year and not before Christmas.

Hmmm.... Canadian Import duty and the CAD devaluation against the USD by about 15% could be the reason for the difference. Well, we'll know when it comes out yet we're within the ballpark.

Nov 2, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #6,344 of 18,020
  Not sure if it was mentioned before, but if you are listening to a song and you turn off the the X7, does the DAP remember this song and take you back to it or does it go to the main menu? I hate that about the X1.

It can be configured to do that, but I have not tested it yet

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #6,345 of 18,020

I personally don't think X7 (w/new fw) sounds on exactly the same level as L5 Pro, but the gap is closing in!  And with new amp modules - the sky's the limit
wink.gif

I have to agree with you on this. The sound is quite different and just for IEMs I for the moment would put the L5P above the X7. I have only tried two monitors with it though, I still have a lot to go so maybe my view on this will change more to Paul's opinion. For now I find the IEM module is missing body most of all, especially when compared to L5P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back