FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 2, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #8,086 of 18,020
  Has anyone else had a problem with the fiio music app. It appears to have some bugs. I deleted songs from the internal drive but they keep showing up in fiio music app. I also added music to the internal drive but they don't show up. However, if I go to the file explorer they are there and the deleted songs aren't.

Have you re-scanned the library? It is in the setting.

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #8,088 of 18,020
  Hello, I´m looking for some advice and clarification I´m in the market for a new portable player, and i having a  hard time deciding between The Fiio X7 and the new Pionner XDP-100r, for use with shure 535 and CIEM 

Thanks in advance 

wats ur genes of songs u listen? x7 seens a gd choice but u can also choose the onkyo dp-x1

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #8,092 of 18,020
FiiO music player - Settings - Scan for songs - then choose Scan all or choose specific folders to scan.

There are 2 places with settings. The main settings and then when you're actually in a file and playing something, get to the half-screen version with what's playing (album art) on top and the "Recently Played", "Most played" on the bottom half. Up in the left corner of the album art is a little settings gear. That one will bring up the Scan for Songs and Media Library Update.

Is there a way to delete the Recently Played and Most Played lists? Must be a lot of list stored there after awhile, which doesn't mean anything to me.

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #8,093 of 18,020
There are 2 places with settings. The main settings and then when you're actually in a file and playing something, get to the half-screen version with what's playing (album art) on top and the "Recently Played", "Most played" on the bottom half. Up in the left corner of the album art is a little settings gear. That one will bring up the Scan for Songs and Media Library Update.

Is there a way to delete the Recently Played and Most Played lists? Must be a lot of list stored there after awhile, which doesn't mean anything to me.

FiiO Music Player - Settings - UI Personalization - and then untick the Recently Played and Most Played options. They then won't be shown on the main player screen.

Jan 3, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #8,094 of 18,020
Every time I copy music files to the X7 via usb cable it turns off the gapless playback, resume, and play thru folders settings. Anyone else find this? Is this an bug to fix? I'm using FW 1.5.
.............Jim

This only ocurs when in Fiio music mode. Works correctly in Android mode.

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #8,096 of 18,020
  Every time I copy music files to the X7 via usb cable it turns off the gapless playback, resume, and play thru folders settings. Anyone else find this? Is this an bug to fix? I'm using FW 1.5.
.............Jim

I just copied some files via USB and Gapless stayed on. I leave Resume and Playthrough off by choice--so I guess that's 1/3 of an answer? (At least they didn't turn ON by themselves...)

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #8,098 of 18,020
Hi guys. Someone knows when Fiio will release a correct firmware? Still buggy and features miss in 1.5.

It will really helpful, if you'll be more precise in bugs description. Bug report is a best way of getting bugs fixed. Fiio are really great in fixing FW bugs and improving it, but without reports they can miss something.

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #8,099 of 18,020
.............Jim

Oh wow! I was wrong...I just downloaded some more files and the Gapless Playback DID turn off. Don't know how I missed that--although I do have the "senior moment" thing going for me.

So, you're right. There is something buggy going on. I'll leave the Bug Report to you since I don't have a clue.

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #8,100 of 18,020
This is the starting of the week of showdown for FiiO as new year's eve break is finished, and we suppose that we can get feedback from them on the EM Wifi noise issue, or at least a statement.

has anyone got any feedback from FiiO from bug reports mails recently?

Considering the sound quality and the potential, I think I will stick to the FiiO and trust them, but they do have to communicate on this issue, and do it QUICK.

More than this, I asked FiiO if the "bypass" layer they developed on they special Android brew to send sound directly to the DAC was enable no matter wich app is on, or if it is only for their app FiiO music (wich is great, but unfinished BTW, still waiting for DST, and DNLA support).  I suspect only FiiO Music can get to directly send data to the DAC, bypassing the downsampling by Android, as I can definitively hear differences between local Flac 44 /16 through FiiO music, and the exact same song from Qobuz streaming at 44/16 as well (except Wifi noise of course, I wait for the song to be fully bufferized).

I would be happy if the bypass layer was the whole point of having a dedicated brew of Android, and that it would be accessible to all other apps. That would validate offering other apps through various playstore, especially Tidal and Qobuz. If not, well, better start brewing special version of Qobuz and Tidal apps with this layers as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back