FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 4, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #8,118 of 18,019
I am beginning to worry about my purchase. I really like the x-7 too. You don't think they will leave the x-7 as is then turn around with a second generation player in a couple of months.

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #8,120 of 18,019
  I am beginning to worry about my purchase. I really like the x-7 too. You don't think they will leave the x-7 as is then turn around with a second generation player in a couple of months.

What issues do you have? If they are software mostly then I expect them to be sorted, if they are hardware related short of you sending it back hoping a different batch does not have it / the inevitable minor improvements from revision to revision in manufacturing i am not sure what more they can do with this one. 

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #8,121 of 18,019

What issues do you have? If they are software mostly then I expect them to be sorted, if they are hardware related short of you sending it back hoping a different batch does not have it / the inevitable minor improvements from revision to revision in manufacturing i am not sure what more they can do with this one.

I am not worried about any software issues because if any arise they obviously can be fixed via firmware updates. I don't quite understand the wifi issue. Is there a problem when streaming over the internet that there is a noise. I haven't had any issues when just playing music wherever I am.

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #8,122 of 18,019
i agree ive owned fiio x3 and x5 and they always have been good at updating bugs, fixes with firmware ....i dont realy stream music , so it prob wont effect me but , mine arrives tomorrow and 500 bucks , well realy i want it to do what its made to do.

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #8,123 of 18,019
  I am not worried about any software issues because if any arise they obviously can be fixed via firmware updates. I don't quite understand the wifi issue. Is there a problem when streaming over the internet that there is a noise. I haven't had any issues when just playing music wherever I am.

Some people - me included - have problems with noise if they are streaming. It does not to seem generalised ie not all X7 units exhibit it but nobody seems to know what triggers it in the problematic units. If while you are streaming you don't have a problem you are on the clear. 

Furthermore my issue seemed to be amplified by the fact that any motion on the screen caused static noise as well. 

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #8,124 of 18,019
  Some people - me included - have problems with noise if they are streaming. It does not to seem generalised ie not all X7 units exhibit it but nobody seems to know what triggers it in the problematic units. If while you are streaming you don't have a problem you are on the clear.

Furthermore my issue seemed to be amplified by the fact that any motion on the screen caused static noise as well.

Thanks for your help

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #8,125 of 18,019
I have the X7 for three weeks + now and I have to say: I am impressed by the sound quality coming out of this device and I personally intend to keep it despite the problems being reported.

In my case this is what I did:
  • Update firmware at the time 1.3 -> V1.4, and recently to 1.5.
  • Before and after each upgrade I have reset it to factory defaults and cleared all the cache as per procedure advised by Joe.
  •  I did not install TIDAL from Fiio app store but rather from Google Play which by the way gave me zero issues.
  • I got a brand new Samsung Pro+ 128GB microSD Class 10 Memory Card and let X7 take care of the formatting and stuff.
  • Copied some HiRez files about 3GB worth and let it fly

I have to say there’re no major issues with the device that would warrant me returning it, if I could describe it in short, just pure musical bliss. Mine is NB-T333a – Serial: 60030150240901.

About noises and the Wi-Fi interference:

I started to notice it, as probably many of you by reading this thread. In my case, it is very low and only when I’m turning Wi-Fi ON with IE headphones of really low quality hooked up. I know this might sound weird, but this is how the problem manifests itself on my device, once I stream music in TIDAL, I cannot hear much else but music, must be lucky.

I walked away from the Wi-Fi antenna of my router to a point where I had only one bar on the X7 and the signal would kind of get choppy, then I would walk back slowly until I could get a good connection and then start to change the songs and albums in Tidal and see if I could hear anything:
With Senn’s (HD-25-1 and HD600) nothing, dead silent, with Audio Technica (ATH-MSR7) the same. At the moment I don’t have a good pair of IE Headphones to test, but I tried my wife Sony $30 pair, no noise. The only time I managed to hear some interference as in crackling noises is when I hooked up a pair, no name IEH as mentioned above, this is the only instance, I could hear something and then a very faint noise, but definitely there. I also tried this at my work, were we run a solid and reliable wireless Aruba - Wi-Fi System, same thing.

If something changes I will sure provide update, Cheers…!

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #8,126 of 18,019

No...? :eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 4, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #8,127 of 18,019

Pricing looks reasonable.

I'm intrigued by the 'female poison' module suggested for the future (well suggested by Google translate anyway) 

what's the prices? Not sure if i'm looking at the right spot but I don't see any numbers and this is all in chinese so can't read.

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #8,128 of 18,019
  im worried about all the wifi probs ....my x7 arrives tomorrow 
confused.gif

We love to hear your results when you receive it. 

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #8,129 of 18,019
i will definitely post what i find ...from the amount ive read (and thats a lot!) more than most are impressed with the sound ......just crossing my fingers on this wifi issue  A. that i dont come across it and B. if i do its software not hardware ! ....i already have said that i dont stream much music , so not realy a prob for me ....but what about DLNA now that i would def use when capable.

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #8,130 of 18,019
  i will definitely post what i find ...from the amount ive read (and thats a lot!) more than most are impressed with the sound ......just crossing my fingers on this wifi issue  A. that i dont come across it and B. if i do its software not hardware ! ....i already have said that i dont stream much music , so not realy a prob for me ....but what about DLNA now that i would def use when capable.

Also if you can report which batch number your unit is from that be most helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back