FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 3, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #8,101 of 18,019
This is the starting of the week of showdown for FiiO as new year's eve break is finished, and we suppose that we can get feedback from them on the EM Wifi noise issue, or at least a statement.

has anyone got any feedback from FiiO from bug reports mails recently?

Considering the sound quality and the potential, I think I will stick to the FiiO and trust them, but they do have to communicate on this issue, and do it QUICK.

More than this, I asked FiiO if the "bypass" layer they developed on they special Android brew to send sound directly to the DAC was enable no matter wich app is on, or if it is only for their app FiiO music (wich is great, but unfinished BTW, still waiting for DST, and DNLA support).  I suspect only FiiO Music can get to directly send data to the DAC, bypassing the downsampling by Android, as I can definitively hear differences between local Flac 44 /16 through FiiO music, and the exact same song from Qobuz streaming at 44/16 as well (except Wifi noise of course, I wait for the song to be fully bufferized).

I would be happy if the bypass layer was the whole point of having a dedicated brew of Android, and that it would be accessible to all other apps. That would validate offering other apps through various playstore, especially Tidal and Qobuz. If not, well, better start brewing special version of Qobuz and Tidal apps with this layers as well.

Waiting anxiously for an update response on the wifi noise issue as well. Have returned my unit as it had bad wifi interference noises. Just wondering when safe to buy back?

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #8,103 of 18,019
I'm waiting until replaygain is implemented as well, when they add that. It will be an insta-order for me.

Replay Gain is available on Neutron and possibly other apps already I believe.

Jan 4, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #8,106 of 18,019
Not sure if this was posted already, didn't see it. Here's a link to the modules soon to be released. Based off the page they plan to release additional modules other than the few listed on their page now.

Module:

http://fiio.net/story/367

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #8,107 of 18,019
  Not sure if this was posted already, didn't see it. Here's a link to the modules soon to be released. Based off the page they plan to release additional modules other than the few listed on their page now.

Pricing looks reasonable.

I'm intrigued by the 'female poison' module suggested for the future (well suggested by Google translate anyway) 

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #8,108 of 18,019
What is the difference between accessing FiiO Music from the app in Android mode or re-booting into Pure Music mode? Is Android running in the background or something when using the app button? It's instant access as opposed to waiting for the re-boot...unless there's something wrong with that.

I miss which EQ is running displayed in the top line (like X5 does).

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #8,109 of 18,019
X7 returned until DP-X1 and XDP-100R arrives.

Still thinking about returning mine but it's hard lol.. Really like this device and its potential. Wondering will the X1 & 100R be more powerful than the X7...

Jan 4, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #8,110 of 18,019
Still thinking about returning mine but it's hard lol. Really like this device and its potential. Wondering will the X1 & 100R be more powerful than the X7...

I'd like to know that too. Maybe it's better to go with a larger company than the usual suspects we run on this forum?

If only FiiO had waited six months longer to release the X7. We would have a choice of headphone amps, not just the IEM one, DAC functionality and a fix for the Wi-Fi noise issue. And also figured out how to incorporate two card slots. Why would I "Upgrade" from an X5ii with two, to a X7 with one, albeit with a small amount of internal memory.

I'm going to make a choice on what I am going to get to upgrade my current setup of X5ii, E12A and Shure SRH 1540's in the next week or so, but unfortunately, it won't be the X7 as I understand the Wi-Fi noise is hardware related and only fixable with a hardware revision.

I'm looking at the Questyle QP1R and the Onkyo/Pioneer DAPs. I did think about the lower priced Astell & Kern's but people are saying on this forum that replacement batteries are not available when they give up!

Can't think of anything else in the £500 to £800 bracket. Unless someone has a suggestions?

Regards

Darren

Jan 4, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #8,111 of 18,019
Hello all,

We should be issuing our statement on the matter of the WiFi within the next 12-24 hours.

Best regards,
Joe :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 4, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #8,112 of 18,019
I'd like to know that too. Maybe it's better to go with a larger company than the usual suspects we run on this forum?

If only FiiO had waited six months longer to release the X7. We would have a choice of headphone amps, not just the IEM one, DAC functionality and a fix for the Wi-Fi noise issue. And also figured out how to incorporate two card slots. Why would I "Upgrade" from an X5ii with two, to a X7 with one, albeit with a small amount of internal memory.

I'm going to make a choice on what I am going to get to upgrade my current setup of X5ii, E12A and Shure SRH 1540's in the next week or so, but unfortunately, it won't be the X7 as I understand the Wi-Fi noise is hardware related and only fixable with a hardware revision.

I'm looking at the Questyle QP1R and the Onkyo/Pioneer DAPs. I did think about the lower priced Astell & Kern's but people are saying on this forum that replacement batteries are not available when they give up!

Can't think of anything else in the £500 to £800 bracket. Unless someone has a suggestions?

Regards

Darren

Psst Onkyo DP-X1 or Pioneer XDP-100R as upgrades, keep the E12A (gold) :)

Jan 4, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #8,113 of 18,019
What is the difference between accessing FiiO Music from the app in Android mode or re-booting into Pure Music mode? Is Android running in the background or something when using the app button? It's instant access as opposed to waiting for the re-boot...unless there's something wrong with that.

I miss which EQ is running displayed in the top line (like X5 does).

Pure music mode uses the integrated unicorn tear chip. :wink:

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #8,115 of 18,019
im worried about all the wifi probs ....my x7 arrives tomorrow 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back