FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 5, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #8,147 of 18,020
also when updating firmware , is do i copy the whole file to memory?? i.e X7_V5_20151225-ota-update-FW1.5 ,.... the reason i ask is i have owned fiio x3 and x5 and i had to open the zip file  and copy a file within the zip file. to update firmware.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #8,148 of 18,020
also when updating firmware , is do i copy the whole file to memory?? i.e X7_V5_20151225-ota-update-FW1.5 ,.... the reason i ask is i have owned fiio x3 and x5 and i had to open the zip file  and copy a file within the zip file. to update firmware.

For the X7, you copy the whole zip file to the X7 and select the zip file itself as the update patch file.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 5, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #8,149 of 18,020

​
B. However, there is also a QC problem with some X7's suffering from excessive noise.

I assume FiiO will be paying greater attention to X7 QC from now on. If so this is the response I expected and I'm quite happy with it. My unit is fine and once USB DAC functionality arrives I'll be perfectly happy with it but it's good to know that FiiO has my back if my unit had some noise issues. 

BTW any ETA/progress on DAC functionality? :>

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #8,151 of 18,020
It states approximate pricing of CNY 698 for the mid- and high-power modules and CNY 498 for the balanced (I'm surprised at that one being significantly cheaper)

Translates to a base price of approx CAD $150/110 or GBP £75/55

Prices sound very similar to buying an E12 external amp. Will have to wait for reviews on module. If E12 sounds better paired and is more versatile (in terms of being able to amplify wider range of headphones) then I rather get that.

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #8,152 of 18,020
i have e12a amp which i will be pairing with mine (it arrives today) until reviews of the modules are about , it would be nice to do away with stacking but would keep if doing things better.

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #8,153 of 18,020
The article suggests end of January for availability in China, so I imagine not too much longer after that for western markets.

The price will of course be higher by the time it's offered by our favourite vendors, but it gives us something to go on.

I hope they sell the X7 with your choice of amp modules. I don't care for the IEM module so seems like it's a waste and be more cost effective if I can get the mid or high power one instead.

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #8,154 of 18,020
What about a module for charging, file transfer and DAC mode only, no amp? If you are stacking, this is all you would need. Would be cheaper too.

Also, if you are not stacking, what about adding a Bass Boost function to the modules like on the E12A and E12?

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #8,158 of 18,020
Dear FiiO X7 users:

C. The criterion for returning the X7 for a WiFi fault is?

As outlined by A and B, some low level of WiFi generated radio interference is normal while a high level of interference is indicative of a faulty unit. However, there is also great variability in the level of interference that may be experienced with a faulty unit, since

1. the manufacturing fault can affect the resulting interference to variable extents
2. different WiFi hotspots communicating with the X7 can cause different levels of interference, and
3. different headphones and different listeners will pick up the resulting interference to differing extents.

Since none of these factors are under control by the customer evaluating his X7, there has to be criteria for declaring an X7 faulty that can be readily evaluated by the customer. We have settled on the criterion that if the interference noise can be heard through any one or more pairs of on-ear or over-ear headphones you own--as opposed to earbuds or IEMs,

we will readily accept its return / exchange (in the return / exchange period) or take it in for repair (in the warranty period).

On the other hand, we will not be carrying out any cross-examination of the customer's claims on the above when evaluating returns. We are depending on your goodwill as a FiiO customer to return genuinely problematic units to us and see us through this difficult period for our company. :xf_eek:

Best regards,
FiiO

My unit that I returned last week definitely fits this criteria. But the question is how long do we wait and how do we know which batch has the better QC following discovery of this fault in attenna and shielding?? Don't want the hassle to keep returning and returning until a good copy.

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #8,159 of 18,020
hi i have just recieved my x7 and so far so good 
gs1000.gif
 sound quality is awesome def notice difference over x5 especially when paired with e12a ...very very pleased ...but im getting error retrieving information from sever when downloading app from playstore????

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #8,160 of 18,020
Hello vrapan,

To get the play store to work in your case you "just" need to do a clean reset (or two
redface.gif
).

0. Back up your data on the X7
1. Shut down the X7
2. Hold down volume and power buttons to turn on the X7 in recovery mode
3. Select the 'wipe Cache Partition' to wipe the cache
4. Select the 'wipe data/factory reset' to wipe out the data
5. Select the 'reboot system now' to restart the X7
6. Log in to the Play store again and try downloading and installing apps. Repeat 1-5 if it doesn't work yet.
redface.gif

Best regards,
Joe for FiiO

hi i have just recieved my x7 and so far so good 
gs1000.gif
 sound quality is awesome def notice difference over x5 especially when paired with e12a ...very very pleased ...but im getting error retrieving information from sever when downloading app from playstore????

Hi majo123. See Joe's reply above: you'll have to do a factory reset and install fw 1.5 and then the Playstore should work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back