FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 5, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #8,162 of 18,020
Thanks to FiiO for releasing this statement, it was mandatory and they show humility as it was needed. It was the only solution to admit they didn't anticipate the engineering issues from embedding RF device in analog circuitry.

The first step of communicating is done, and well done, and they proposed a backup plan if any noise problem is found.

The second objective is to make the demonstration, and I mean by design, that the problem has a solution and that the future users can be confident in buying from next batch. If not, relying only on luck will be a dealbreaker for a lot of people.

First Action :
Segregation/containment : is there multiple internal layouts of the X7 or only one layout for the wifi module (ie is the module located at the same place every time, or are there multiple configuration) ? If yes, can you say for sure if some layout are more touched by the problem or not? Finally, since we seem to have the same batch number, how can we differentiate the layouts without opening the X7?

Second action, to start at the same time :

Confirm as soon as possible that FiiO engineering team secured a design that negates Wifi EMI, even if the Wifi reception is very bad (output power at maximum for the Wifi antenna).

I got the confirmation that DLNA will be enabled in the next FW wich will be issued soon.

Good Luck FiiO team.

加油 !

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #8,163 of 18,020
right... thank you very much! that worked 
gs1000.gif
.... i downloaded amazon prime music, and am pleased to say that i had no problems with noise streaming music using iems sony xba h3 and akg 702 headphones(all though mp3 ugggh)...... so fingers crossed its all good 
bigsmile_face.gif
 ...i promised that i would let know the batch number, can anyone tell me where that is so i can let others know

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #8,164 of 18,020
Sorry, but this was an unfinished product released into the market. Forget the hardware problems of Wi-Fi. How about no DAC support as yet. How about all the users the don't use IEMs having to purchase additional modules when they are eventually released!

Sorry FiiO, you have dropped the ball on this one. Just like you did with the X3ii. Sounded great, but I couldn't see the screen in the sun, and I mean nothing. Ipod classic worked fine on the same beach! Didn't sound as good, but a lot better that a device you can't actually use!

It's a portable device. Are we only to use it in overcast conditions. Ended up having to buy a X5ii, haven't tried it in the sun as yet. Looking at this thread, my hopes aren't high though!

If you go to my profile and look at my recent posts, you will see that I am wanting to upgrade my current X5ii, E12A setup. My search has just narrowed somewhat.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #8,165 of 18,020
  right... thank you very much! that worked 
gs1000.gif
.... i downloaded amazon prime music, and am pleased to say that i had no problems with noise streaming music using iems sony xba h3 and akg 702 headphones(all though mp3 ugggh)...... so fingers crossed its all good 
bigsmile_face.gif
 ...i promised that i would let know the batch number, can anyone tell me where that is so i can let others know

You need to check on the X7 under Settings and then About device.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #8,167 of 18,020
My unit that I returned last week definitely fits this criteria. But the question is how long do we wait and how do we know which batch has the better QC following discovery of this fault in attenna and shielding?? Don't want the hassle to keep returning and returning until a good copy.

I think one of the option for FiiO and potential X7 customer is to allow the seller (or at least the authorised retailer) to open up the already stocked X7 to check for any obvious problem before sending it off to the customer. It is less likely that every unit in just one particular batch (or set of batches) get affected but more likely some unit of every batch might be randomly affected - cases like that, asking for batch number really won't help.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #8,169 of 18,020
i agree ...i was a bit worried ,but after the release of there stand point on the wifi issue then i was confident that if it was a serious problem for me it would be resolved ...very pleased with my x7 
bigsmile_face.gif
.... also on a second note  i have an x5 out of warranty and i damaged the rubber on the wheel , i contacted fiio who have offered to send me a replacement  (i live in england to far to ship) and instructions how to replace .....so from my personal experience with fiio customer service ,,,well done fiio .

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #8,170 of 18,020

I think one of the option for FiiO and potential X7 customer is to allow the seller (or at least the authorised retailer) to open up the already stocked X7 to check for any obvious problem before sending it off to the customer. It is less likely that every unit in just one particular batch (or set of batches) get affected but more likely some unit of every batch might be randomly affected - cases like that, asking for batch number really won't help.

Yeah but it is difficult to assess wich level of noise is acceptable, since FiiO Acknowledged that by design the X7 will, no matter what, be affected by some noise in its actual design. I hope they are working actively in a solution that could reduce, if not completely cancel, the nasty phenomenon.

So what could be acceptable by an authorized seller maybe won't be accepted by the buyer (and vice versa). Only the customer can tell if this is acceptable or not. I must say this is a very new way of thinking, very "chinese" in the philosophy (for those who know what I mean
wink.gif
). Quite different and refreshing.

I am afraid you may be right saying that there is not a precise lot that is concerned by the problem... How can we tell and identify the root cause for those Quality Check problems?

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #8,171 of 18,020
I don't know about anyone else, but I think Fiio handled this issue rather well. I was watching the x7 to see how it would pan out and am now confident this will be my next dap.

You are right, but they had help...us ! I am sure they monitored this thread Carefully since we have openly voiced our concerns.

Meanwhile leaving it to the customer, is a bold and cunning move. For those who are satisfied with it and dont stream that often its a bother to send it back (its always a balance between pros and cons) and the sound is tremendous...offline
wink_face.gif

But, they have to confirm as soon as they can that found a fix to this. This is possible, and could lead to a competitive advantage (that could be copied quickly though...) ie class A amp module AND no interferences from wifi.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #8,172 of 18,020
hmm, that has already been answered

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 5, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #8,173 of 18,020
hi joe ,and thanks........ followed your first set of instructions and worked with out any issue! and so far alls good
bigsmile_face.gif
 ....loving the sound ,realy happy with my purchase especially when amped with e12a at home ,,,thanks for everyones imput and help ....majo 

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #8,174 of 18,020
My unit that I returned last week definitely fits this criteria. But the question is how long do we wait and how do we know which batch has the better QC following discovery of this fault in attenna and shielding?? Don't want the hassle to keep returning and returning until a good copy.

On the face of it having the distributor open up an X7 for checking before sending it to the customer for replacement of his X7 with faulty WiFi is an obvious solution. But I will have to confirm with FiiO tomorrow what the actual measure will be to ensure that replacement units are optimally functional. One must admit that the present return program for X7's affected by the WiFi problem already puts unexpected stress on our distributing partners. Regardless, I am sure some measure can and must be taken to ensure that exchanging an X7 for this issue doesn't end up being a roulette game! :deadhorse:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 5, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #8,175 of 18,020
Oh this thing looks awesome... currently have an X5ii and love it but reading about this i'm beginning to feel some upgraditis coming on.....it's a serious illness you know :wink:

Sound quality wise - is this loads better than the X5ii?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back