FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
Nov 19, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #138 of 321
My RELIC theme pack for the X5ii has been updated to the official FW1.2. Grab it Here or in the second post of this thread:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3227975s3urtb1/AAC-iE91nxzrb7yXAwqaVRMka?dl=0

Enjoy! :D

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #139 of 321
My RELIC theme pack for the X5ii has been updated to the official FW1.2. Grab it Here or in the second post of this thread:

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

That's just great! I'm enjoying your customized themes everyday.
Hope you will find the energy to continue developing themes for the X7 as well, if it is customizable of course...
Thanks anyway.

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #140 of 321

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

That's just great! I'm enjoying your customized themes everyday.
Hope you will find the energy to continue developing themes for the X7 as well, if it is customizable of course...
Thanks anyway.

Thanks! I'm not sure I'll be getting an X7 and to be honest I wouldn't know where to start to create a custom theme for it, LOL!

:)

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #141 of 321

Code:
[left] Hello, I am new to the forum. It is possible to increase the decibels of the equalizer fiio x5 II through the modification of the firmware? up to 6 dB to 12 dB ? I can help with that? Thank you[/left]

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #142 of 321

Code:
[left] Hello, I am new to the forum. It is possible to increase the decibels of the equalizer fiio x5 II through the modification of the firmware? up to 6 dB to 12 dB ? I can help with that? Thank you[/left]

Why would you ever need something like that?

I mean, if you drop all the other sliders and raise one all the way, you have about 12db difference, no equipment will take a 12db difference without inducing aliasing (clipping) or other audible artifacts.

I mean, volumewise, if X5II cannot power it at high gain and 120 volume, you are listening to way too loud volumes
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #143 of 321

Code:
[left]
Hello, I am new to the forum.
It is possible to increase the decibels of the equalizer fiio x5 II through the modification of the firmware?
up to 6 dB to 12 dB ?
I can help with that?
Thank you
[/left]

Unfortunately, firmware modifications are limited to visual changes only, for now.

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #144 of 321

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Works Great!!   Thanks for all your efforts!

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #145 of 321
I've installed x RELIC x's 1.2FW on my X5II and started updating the media library manually on Tuesday afternoon.
48 hours later the media library is still updating and the count is over 27,000.
I have two 64GB cards full of FLAC files in my X5II and am confident that I don't have 27,000 tracks!

Should I stop the update or should I wait until it completes?
I don't wait to compromise the integrity of my X5 II's FLAC file library.

Thank You!

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #146 of 321
  I've installed x RELIC x's 1.2FW on my X5II and started updating the media library manually on Tuesday afternoon.
48 hours later the media library is still updating and the count is over 27,000.
I have two 64GB cards full of FLAC files in my X5II and am confident that I don't have 27,000 tracks!

Thank You!

Wow, that doesn't sound good. I've had no problems with x Relic x's firmware 1.2. Must be something else I guess.

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #147 of 321

Thank You!

As far as FW is concerned I've only changed images and colours..... no functionality has been changed.

Stop the update. You need to clean out hidden files on the card.

Are you on a Mac? They are notorious for adding hidden files and choking up the cards. Another user just ran in to the same problem earlier in one of the other threads. If you are indeed using a Mac try ejecting your card with a program like 'Eject for Windows' or Blueharvest or something. Also, make sure you empty your trash before you eject your cards because the Mac keeps a hidden reference file on the media unless you empty the trash. I use 'eject for windows'.

The Blueharvest website describes the issue well.

http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest/

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #148 of 321
Thank you for the update everyone!

The update is still going!
67 hours since starting the update, the count is at 43108.
hehehe

I have the X5 plugged into an AC adapter with the screen off and I haven't used my X5 II do to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
I don't mind letting the count run as I likely won't use my X5 again until Monday. Let's see if the count gets up to 75,000!! :)

I'm on a Windows 7 machine, and the 2 64GB cards I've been using in my X5 have been exclusively used for FLAC files, so I don't believe there are any hidden files on there.

On the bright side, I just ordered two 128GB MicroSD for cards (Black Friday deals) and will load the contents of both 64GB cards onto one 128GB cards (pulling the same albums from my hard drive).
I'll then re-purpose my 64GB cards.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue. :)

Nov 27, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #149 of 321
Thank you for the update everyone!

The update is still going!
67 hours since starting the update, the count is at 43108.
hehehe

I have the X5 plugged into an AC adapter with the screen off and I haven't used my X5 II do to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
I don't mind letting the count run as I likely won't use my X5 again until Monday. Let's see if the count gets up to 75,000!! :)

I'm on a Windows 7 machine, and the 2 64GB cards I've been using in my X5 have been exclusively used for FLAC files, so I don't believe there are any hidden files on there.

On the bright side, I just ordered two 128GB MicroSD for cards (Black Friday deals) and will load the contents of both 64GB cards onto one 128GB cards (pulling the same albums from my hard drive).
I'll then re-purpose my 64GB cards.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue. :)

Wow, something is seriously not right there. It's been noted that when the cards are full weird things happen. Try to leave some space. I'd stop the process and format the cards and re-load your music from the computer (make sure you have all your files on the computer because the format will wipe everything). Use the format tool in the X5ii system settings to format the card for best compatibility.

Before you re-load your music you should do a library update with no cards in the unit to wipe the library database. This will clear it and you can begin fresh. I'd suggest moving to the regular X5ii thread as this is for custom themes and you'll likely have more eyes on your issue there.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/765943/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-impressions-and-discussion-thread/4260#post_12111171

Users who are viewing this thread

Back