FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
Sep 15, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #106 of 321
Mmmmmm. ALO Rx is soooooo awesome.

I still use the X5 Classic feeding my audio-gd DAC-19 through coaxial. I like the X5ii more with the Rx but the original is still awesome.

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #109 of 321
Is there an ultra lightweight theme:smile:

AsianInvasion's themes are pretty light, and the McFiiOtosh and X5iiClassic themes in my theme pack are very lightweight. Actually my whole theme pack comes in much smaller in file size than the official FiiO FW.

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #113 of 321

Free: GIMP, I think?
Paid: Photoshop, probably :p

Thanks!

this made me remember, Pain.net is the program I really loved to use

Now that I have better laptop, maybe I will try using gimp more. 
etysmile.gif

Oct 1, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #114 of 321
What is the best free software for making images for the firmwares?

And what is the best paid software?

I am a begginer, so I would love something easy to understand for startes. 

I forgot what I was using before reinstalling windows. 

Free as in gratis:
Paint dot net for windows
Gimp for GNU/linux

Paid:
Photoshop.

Oct 1, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #115 of 321
Thanks!

this made me remember, Pain.net is the program I really loved to use

Now that I have better laptop, maybe I will try using gimp more. :etysmile:

Pain dot net ? :wink:

Oct 1, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #116 of 321
  What is the best free software for making images for the firmwares?

And what is the best paid software?

I am a begginer, so I would love something easy to understand for startes. 

I forgot what I was using before reinstalling windows. 

Paint.NET is my favorite image editor, although I'm trying to switch to Gimp. PDN and Foobar2k are the only reasons I still use Windows.

Oct 2, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #117 of 321
Free as in gratis:
Paint dot net for windows
Gimp for GNU/linux

Paid:
Photoshop.

I got already 2 times freeze in GIMP. Seems it is not for me.
biggrin.gif

Paint.NET is my favorite image editor, although I'm trying to switch to Gimp. PDN and Foobar2k are the only reasons I still use Windows.

For me, windows means Gaming, and no other OS can be as  great as windows is.

About windows, this is something that most people do not notice:

Windows resamples the image used for background, so most background images end up looking really bad, if they were complex, nice images. 

Oct 2, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #118 of 321
I got already 2 times freeze in GIMP. Seems it is not for me.:D
For me, windows means Gaming, and no other OS can be as  great as windows is.

About windows, this is something that most people do not notice:

Windows resamples the image used for background, so most background images end up looking really bad, if they were complex, nice images

Pretty much if the resolution of an image isn't the same size or larger than the display pixels the image will look bad when scaled to fit the screen. This is true of any operating system. You need to use a high resolution background image.

Oct 2, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #119 of 321
Pretty much if the resolution of an image isn't the same size or larger than the display pixels the image will look bad when scaled to fit the screen. This is true of any operating system. You need to use a high resolution background image.

It happens for any resolution, I am using mainly QHD images, and FHD, 1920X1080 at least. 

What is happening, is windows puts the image in a theme folder, where it creates a cache file,

That file is resampled, because the theme wallpaper is stored in RAM, and it is used at windows start-up. To speed up the start-up, windows system resamples the image with the ideea that the resampling will make the differences un-noticeable. 

I see the differences. 

This also happens with Android. No ideea why, or how to stop it. 

Again, on a 1280X720 screen on Android, I am having a QHD image, and a FHD image as background, and it looks badly pixelated. 

In windows there were work-arounds, but in Android, I am yet to fiind one. HTC default wallpapers worked like a wonder, in all their detail, but any wallpaper I set from gallery is pixelated. 

In windows, the defaul wallpapers are also pixelated. 

The average user does not notice because the aliasing and errors are much less in pictures, than in abstract wallpapers, especially in smoke effect. 

Oct 2, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #120 of 321
That's very strange George. I work in Windows and OSX for my visual effects business and I have never had the background image issue you are speaking of, and believe me I make a living from noticing anti-aliasing and compression artifacts. You got me stumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back