FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
May 20, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #316 of 321
As you learned already the Fiio must have 5 themes no more or less.

It sounds like you didn't replace all the files in HUD with your custom theme.
Open the HUD theme folder and your Custom theme folder and go through each folder from both...one at a time.
This will expose what was replaced or not.

May 20, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #317 of 321
As you learned already the Fiio must have 5 themes no more or less.

It sounds like you didn't replace all the files in HUD with your custom theme.
Open the HUD theme folder and your Custom theme folder and go through each folder from both...one at a time.
This will expose what was replaced or not.
OK, so 5 it is.

When I tried replacing the HUD theme with mine, I deleted the entire HUD theme folder (theme3 iirc) and renamed mine accordingly. So I think there are ties to the individual themes elsewhere in the fw packet. Unless of course I just did it wrong -- it was 1:00am, after all. Maybe I should try it again and report back.

May 20, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #318 of 321
Instead of deleting the HUD files replace them by copy and pasting.
Copy and paste your new files into the HUD theme and click "replace the files with the same name" in the pop up window. (be sure to check the do this for all files or you'll be clicking replace forever)
This way It'll keep the HUD files you haven't replaced.

Feel free to mix and match any part of a theme.
For instance, if you have a favorite EQ theme... copy and paste it to another EQ theme you dislike.
I replaced all the white and gold buttons with silver in every theme.

Using a free program like Paint.net is where things get really fun.
All my themes, along with the boot up and off animation, have been designed by me.
I've got a Good, The Bad & The Ugly theme that's pretty funny

BTW~ As stated on the first page...modify at your own risk.

May 20, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #319 of 321
Instead of deleting the HUD files replace them by copy and pasting.
Copy and paste your new files into the HUD theme and click "replace the files with the same name" in the pop up window. (be sure to check the do this for all files or you'll be clicking replace forever)
This way It'll keep the HUD files you haven't replaced.

Feel free to mix and match any part of a theme.
For instance, if you have a favorite EQ theme... copy and paste it to another EQ theme you dislike.
I replaced all the white and gold buttons with silver in every theme.

Using a free program like Paint.net is where things get really fun.
All my themes, along with the boot up and off animation, have been designed by me.
I've got a Good, The Bad & The Ugly theme that's pretty funny

BTW~ As stated on the first page...modify at your own risk.
OK, great tips - thanks!

I didn't know you made some too. (Sorry I didn't read the whole thread -- just cherry-picked.) So where can I find yours?

May 21, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #320 of 321
My themes aren't as complete (professional) as the ones on this thread so they were never offered.
All are really still a work in progress and often share custom dials and such.
For instance, all my themes share one of my many custom volume sets designed around the dial from my McIntosh Preamp.
Many also share my Metropolis charging kit where I replaced the boring battery with the scene from the silent film Metropolis where the robot is sitting being recharged by circling rings.

So essentially none of my themes are as professional as others offered here.
Relic's Steam Punk theme is mind blowing.
He must have a professional program to design something as complicated as a glass covered meter.

Besides, other than TGTB&TU theme the rest are based around Art that I'm sure no one else would really be interested in.

The best thing about doing all this is the X5ii can easily be reverted back to its original state.

Have fun.

Oct 4, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #321 of 321
My haphazardly put together theme that I am using with FW2.1 as I didn't like the stock themes. Apthly called green purple.
There was this one theme years back called ELIX1R for the Fiio X1 that I ported to use on my X3. Unfortunately I couldn't port it for the X5 and had to rework the orange stock theme.
Untitled-2.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back