FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
Apr 21, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #304 of 321
In order to get some settings only found in version 2.1 I reinstalled the last version but have come across a problem with my custom themes.

I made my themes based around a custom 1.2 version and now that I switched back my "bottom.png's" (Fiio title) no long remain at the bottom center.
I noticed in the official 2.1 release all the bottom png's (found in the launcher) are blank.
I resized the bottom.png in hopes to cement it in place with no success.
Is there a setting that has been changed between the 1.2 and 2.1?
Also, is it safe for me to remove all the foreign languages in the str folder?

May 15, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #307 of 321
Page 18
Not sure if it improves battery life though.
And use at your own risk:)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-x5-ii-custom-themes-thread.771221/page-18

awesome thanks, i have an issue that the player wont go into sleep mode after pausing the track...it only happens when you fast forward or skip through the track. Wonder if anyone else has this issue or if there is even a way to fix it in the firmware.

I installed the new FW, how are people getting the images on the home screen? It just have an option for themes in the menu and it only appears to change a few of the font and cursor colors.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #308 of 321
I don't remember this custom set of themes but lets make sure you've loaded them properly.
I'll repeat the instructions here just in case you did something wrong.

Copy and paste the X5II.fw onto the left card only while the player is off.
Turn on the player while holding the upper left button.
Do not touch anything while the fw is loading.
Later you should delete the fw. you just pasted outside the music folder.
Fiio suggests that the card be no larger than 65gb if I remember correctly.

Once loaded you can only change the themes in the "System setting" on the far right.
Have you tried all the custom themes available?

May 15, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #309 of 321
I don't remember this custom set of themes but lets make sure you've loaded them properly.
I'll repeat the instructions here just in case you did something wrong.

Copy and paste the X5II.fw onto the left card only while the player is off.
Turn on the player while holding the upper left button.
Do not touch anything while the fw is loading.
Later you should delete the fw. you just pasted outside the music folder.
Fiio suggests that the card be no larger than 65gb if I remember correctly.

Once loaded you can only change the themes in the "System setting" on the far right.
Have you tried all the custom themes available?
Ah just realized I loaded the lite version, everything is working well now. The funny thing i feel the lite version is less responsive than the custom themes FW. Of course I only use folder method and prefer to organize my own folders And albums.

May 16, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #313 of 321
So when you scan through a song while playing your X5ii goes into sleep mode and stops?
Have you turned the sleep mode off in the settings?
No what happens is when I'm listening to a song and I scan through the track at any point, when paused it will not go into sleep mode. Even if I changed the song, the fact that I scanned or skipped through a portion of one of the tracks between a sleep cycle it won't go to sleep when paused until the battery dies. There was a complaint on the forums where fiio acknowledged the issue but that was two years ago and it was never fixed. I was completely powering down the player before but I realized if you just turn on the screen, pause the track and go back into the menu it will than go into sleep mode. Sometimes it's hard to remember this. It seems to not want to go into sleep mode from the now playing screen when scanning a track. With my X3ii all I have to do is hit pause and it works regardless of scanning a track, not so with the x5ii.

May 16, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #314 of 321
No what happens is when I'm listening to a song and I scan through the track at any point, when paused it will not go into sleep mode. Even if I changed the song, the fact that I scanned or skipped through a portion of one of the tracks between a sleep cycle it won't go to sleep when paused until the battery dies. There was a complaint on the forums where fiio acknowledged the issue but that was two years ago and it was never fixed. I was completely powering down the player before but I realized if you just turn on the screen, pause the track and go back into the menu it will than go into sleep mode. Sometimes it's hard to remember this. It seems to not want to go into sleep mode from the now playing screen when scanning a track. With my X3ii all I have to do is hit pause and it works regardless of scanning a track, not so with the x5ii.

just found it here

http://fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41859

May 20, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #315 of 321
Hey, Relic (or anyone who might know):

Is there a way to add my own modded theme to Relic's 2.1 custom set? I quite like FiiO's stock Theme 1 and successfully modified the text color of the track title to white (that red/orange track title color was my only major complaint about this theme). But I also want to have access to Relic's cool custom themes (without having to reload the FW).

I tried simply adding a 6th theme to Relic's custom set before repacking and it caused a system error. Assuming the problem was that it was only expecting 5 themes, I next I tried to replace my least favorite Relic theme (HUD) with my modded Theme 1, but that didn't turn out right either: it ended up a weird kinda Frankenstein hybrid of HUD and Theme 1.

So now I'm back to my customized Theme 1 (with the rest of FiiO's 2.1 themes). Is there a way to do this (that doesn't require a Comp Sci degree)? I am capable of some coding, but I need a nudge from someone in the know.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back