FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
Jul 3, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #271 of 321
Ok Np... I will try and see if I can figure it out on my own. I just got this player after having sent back an Ibasso DX80. Ibasso sounded great but had too many bugs and battery issues for me to keep. So far this X5 seems pretty stable. I did grab xVortex' theme and his font was great. I just really like the job you did with the colors and such with your analog theme.I wish there was a way to keep both themes together and switch back and forth! LOL . Anyways thanks again. I might have to bother you in the future on figuring out how to do this myself.
L3000.gif

Jul 3, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #272 of 321

Relic, your Analogue theme is absolutely fantastic with the gold colored player!! I was wondering since I am blind as a bat if there is a way to bump the fonts up a bit without changing the theme itself?? Thanks. And thanks for the custom themes!!

As Relic said the "VTX-Lite" by @XVortex theme uses larger fonts.  I am using it now and it is great.  And as a side benefit because of the optimized/simplified graphics my player is not only more readable but more responsive.

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #273 of 321
Yea, I really like the font size on Xvortex' theme, but I really enjoy the colors and the look of one of Relic's themes. Using the tools what I wound up doing was using the font from Vortex' and inserting it into Relic' theme. Surprised it worked cause it was quite easy to do. So now thanks to Relic and Vortex I have exactly what I wanted so cheers to both of you! So far my experience with the Fiio has been pretty positive. I think this one is a keeper for sure.
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #274 of 321
Yea, I really like the font size on Xvortex' theme, but I really enjoy the colors and the look of one of Relic's themes. Using the tools what I wound up doing was using the font from Vortex' and inserting it into Relic' theme. Surprised it worked cause it was quite easy to do. So now thanks to Relic and Vortex I have exactly what I wanted so cheers to both of you! So far my experience with the Fiio has been pretty positive. I think this one is a keeper for sure. :D  

That's excellent!

:beerchug:

Jul 5, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #275 of 321
I like to switch back and forth and greatly appreciate the work put in by both members.
beerchug.gif

I'm curious...can the colors be customized on the Vvortex version?

And/or... can the battery icon be changed from Relic's?
The bars on my favorite theme are so small I have no idea how much charge is left.
redface.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #276 of 321
I like to switch back and forth and greatly appreciate the work put in by both members.:beerchug:

The bars on my favorite theme are so small I have no idea how much charge is left.:xf_eek:

The way I've done the top bar is using one long image to keep the coordinates simpler to use across themes. So unfortunately another battery status graphic won't work with my coordinate system. The battery indicators are literally 5-6 images positioned with the coordinates defined in the firmware coordinate file. That's also why I did a sloping indicator so that it can be read quickly without counting bars.

I may do one more version of fw2.1 with battery percentages again. Not really true percentages as the fw can't do that but I can use images that have 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, 10%, and then red alert.

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #277 of 321

I like to switch back and forth and greatly appreciate the work put in by both members.
beerchug.gif

The bars on my favorite theme are so small I have no idea how much charge is left.
redface.gif

The way I've done the top bar is using one long image to keep the coordinates simpler to use across themes. So unfortunately another battery status graphic won't work with my coordinate system. The battery indicators are literally 5-6 images positioned with the coordinates defined in the firmware coordinate file. That's also why I did a sloping indicator so that it can be read quickly without counting bars.

I may do one more version of fw2.1 with battery percentages again. Not really true percentages as the fw can't do that but I can use images that have 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, 10%, and then red alert.

I guess that's why I can't see the bars lol
redface.gif

You've already gone above and beyond in sharing your talents, Relic.
But if you do another I'll be the first to download
beerchug.gif

Jul 14, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #279 of 321
  So not just my imagination or wishful thinking.  That is great that your theme makes the player actually run better.

I actually found it to be a tad bit more responsive. I have been trying to do some themes but alas... they all stink! I wish more people would try to do some... These custom themes are absolutely awesome!!  Sooo much better than stock. 

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #283 of 321
So first post ever on Head-Fi!  Brand new owner of a new-to-me X5 II and as new as new gets to "good" keyword personal audio, other than the crazy good SQ system in my car where I imagine this X5II will reside for main use feeding direct SPDIF into my DSP..  Just wanted to say thank you for the themes.  VTX-Lite is slick, clean and well done.  Much appreciated.  

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #285 of 321
  Gotta thank again to all the modders who made the custom themes! 

It really improved my experience with X5ii and I'm hoping that we will be able to do some magic for X5-3 as well soon! 

Big +1 !!!  I honestly dont think my experience would be as enjoyable with this player without some of these themes. Not only visually better but functionally better as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back