FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
May 12, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #253 of 321
I updated my RELIC theme pack to FW1.27 Beta. This is a Beta release so I have to add some icons that FiiO introduced in this FW, but thought that the features were too good to skip this Beta release. Given that this IS A BETA RELEASE I have no idea what kind of errors you guys may run in to so please keep that in mind.

RELIC X5ii FW1.27Beta - LINK

Edit: You can find info about this beta release here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786112/official-x5-2nd-gen-beta-firmware-download-and-discussion-thread-version-1-27-library-search-function-replaygain-filter-options/30#post_12297988

Edit 2: For those of you who want to update the FW to this new Beta I suggest you leave the str folder in the new FW alone as well as the explorer coordinates. FiiO has changed these from the previous versions so there will be errors if you copy these from an older FW theme. There are a couple new icons as well that relate to the 'Play once then stop' functionality.

love it! any chance for 2.0 ver?

May 12, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #254 of 321
love it! any chance for 2.0 ver?

Of course!

I linked it in the X5ii thread but forgot to link it here. :)

I've updated my theme pack to the new FW2.0.

From what I see there isn't much changed over FW1.27beta other than the dynamic EQ volume, which I'm sure many users will appreciate.

FW1.27 has dynamic EQ as well, which in my opinion is not very intuitive so be aware that as you raise a EQ slider above zero dB the system volume decreases by the same amount making it difficult to EQ individual bands and hear the effect that increasing EQ adds. It makes all the other frequencies seem to lower, when in fact it is the system volume that is lowering.

Here's the link to my theme pack and I've included the most recent USB drivers for Windows in the zip file as well:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qb34cigsv25pnxx/AACLQfTGqYc2yfIopanthp-ka?dl=0

May 20, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #255 of 321
XVortex, just installed your ultra-light firmware.  It's great.  The larger fonts are wonderful ... my old eyes really appreciate it.  Is it my imagination or does my player run through the menus faster?  Sure seems to, but because your design is so minimalist could just seem that way.  Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back