FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
Mar 6, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #226 of 321
This is a common issue depending on what program is used to save the .bmp. I use Photoshop and have never had an issue. Check to see if there is any different save parameters in MS Paint. The file needs to be a 32 bit .bmp. That logo.bmp file has caused a lot of grief for X5 custom themers.

i suggest using GIMP or paint dot net

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #227 of 321

i suggest using GIMP or paint dot net

To save exactly that file, paint dot net will not work.I do not have lots of experience with Gimp. 

I remember that when I was doing themes, there was this other software I used, pixel something. 

I did edit the image in paint dot net, then imported it in that pixel something software, than used that one to export to 32 bit bitmap. 

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #230 of 321
This is a common issue depending on what program is used to save the .bmp. I use Photoshop and have never had an issue. Check to see if there is any different save parameters in MS Paint. The file needs to be a 32 bit .bmp. That logo.bmp file has caused a lot of grief for X5 custom themers.

Okay.  Making some progress here.
I've used GIMP tools to manipulate the original text in the "WELCOME" screen.
Exported the logo.bmp file and copied to the unpacked X5ii FW1.27b folder.
Updated the X5.  The screen loaded with my alterations (YEA!!!), EXCEPT the background color changed from black (OEM) to bright blue.  Now, I did not change this in GIMP.
All file properties seem to be exactly the same between the original and my new version.
I don't really know what changes here.  When opened in GIMP it shows the logo exactly as I want it; in the player the background is changed to blue.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I feel I am CLOSE to having this "licked."
Thanks.
Charlie

Mar 10, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #231 of 321
Okay.  Making some progress here.
I've used GIMP tools to manipulate the original text in the "WELCOME" screen.
Exported the logo.bmp file and copied to the unpacked X5ii FW1.27b folder.
Updated the X5.  The screen loaded with my alterations (YEA!!!), EXCEPT the background color changed from black (OEM) to bright blue.  Now, I did not change this in GIMP.
All file properties seem to be exactly the same between the original and my new version.
I don't really know what changes here.  When opened in GIMP it shows the logo exactly as I want it; in the player the background is changed to blue.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I feel I am CLOSE to having this "licked."
Thanks.
Charlie

I'd love to help, but I just use Photoshop and in there it just works. I'm not sure what GIMP is doing to the file.

Hopefully others can help that use GIMP.

Congrats on the progress so far! :)

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #232 of 321
I'd love to help, but I just use Photoshop and in there it just works. I'm not sure what GIMP is doing to the file.

Hopefully others can help that use GIMP.

Congrats on the progress so far!
smily_headphones1.gif

xRELICx-
Thanks for the"moral" support!  I dug out an old Photoshop CS2 (c.2005) and installed it on my PC.  After going through a few hoops activating program-another story-I used it to edit the logo.bmp.
Reloaded the FW with the change and IT WORKED on the first try!!!  Thanks again.
Now on to more ambitious work on the X5ii graphics & themes!
Charlie

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #233 of 321
xRELICx-
Thanks for the"moral" support!  I dug out an old Photoshop CS2 (c.2005) and installed it on my PC.  After going through a few hoops activating program-another story-I used it to edit the logo.bmp.
Reloaded the FW with the change and IT WORKED on the first try!!!  Thanks again.
Now on to more ambitious work on the X5ii graphics & themes!
Charlie

:beerchug:

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #234 of 321
Fantastic work on these themes @x RELIC x

I just picked up the x5ii yesterday, swiftly found this thread and have installed the v1.27 beta with your theming magic.

Very impressed.

Sound wise I am still getting used to the x5ii > Rosie Combo.

I am usually a guy who prefers the dark side, but slowly adjusting to the different signatures.

Again thanks for the great work!!

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #235 of 321
Fantastic work on these themes @x RELIC x

I just picked up the x5ii yesterday, swiftly found this thread and have installed the v1.27 beta with your theming magic.

Very impressed.

Sound wise I am still getting used to the x5ii > Rosie Combo.

I am usually a guy who prefers the dark side, but slowly adjusting to the different signatures.

Again thanks for the great work!!

Thanks! :beerchug:

I've read the Rosie is darker than the Angie I use, yet not quite as dark as the Roxanne. Play with the bass attenuator to see what you prefer. If you think the Rosie is dark I'm guessing you are deep in to the dark side. :wink_face:

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #236 of 321
Thanks!
beerchug.gif

I've read the Rosie is darker than the Angie I use, yet not quite as dark as the Roxanne. Play with the bass attenuator to see what you prefer. If you think the Rosie is dark I'm guessing you are deep in to the dark side.
wink_face.gif

HAHAHAHA
Yeah I am Spaceballs dark side :p

But in seriousness, I have been playing with the attenuator and seem to have found a happy place and am really starting to enjoy/adjust.
I think the underlying problem is much of the music styles I listen to, particularly the heavier ones, dont have the best mastering.  With previous setups, this was masked to an extent.  It was still obviously bad, but you weren't punished like you are with these.

Having heard the Angie and Roxanne, I would say the Rosie is darker than the Angie by quite a margin.  I think the Roxanne is actually hotter in the treble than the Rosie.

I actually love them with the bass attenuator on zero with well mastered typical audiophile test tracks.
However when listening to get my groove on, I prefer  the bass dial at about 2 o'clock.  Any higher and it ruins the good tracks, any lower and my lesser recordings punish me haha.

They sound pretty close to neutral with a slight boost in the bass with the attenuator on zero as best as my bad ears can tell.

Anyway, this is an x5ii theme thread, I apologize hahah.

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #237 of 321
HAHAHAHA
Yeah I am Spaceballs dark side :p

But in seriousness, I have been playing with the attenuator and seem to have found a happy place and am really starting to enjoy/adjust.
I think the underlying problem is much of the music styles I listen to, particularly the heavier ones, dont have the best mastering.  With previous setups, this was masked to an extent.  It was still obviously bad, but you weren't punished like you are with these.

Having heard the Angie and Roxanne, I would say the Rosie is darker than the Angie by quite a margin.  I think the Roxanne is actually hotter in the treble than the Rosie.

I actually love them with the bass attenuator on zero with well mastered typical audiophile test tracks.
However when listening to get my groove on, I prefer  the bass dial at about 2 o'clock.  Any higher and it ruins the good tracks, any lower and my lesser recordings punish me haha.

They sound pretty close to neutral with a slight boost in the bass with the attenuator on zero as best as my bad ears can tell.

Anyway, this is an x5ii theme thread, I apologize hahah.

Thanks for the info on the Rosie and Roxanne, good to know.

The custom themes thread has been pretty slow so I think we're ok. Anyway, thanks again!! :)

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #239 of 321
Hi to all, this is my first post on head fi (im from chile).

i started developing a new theme.  i call it "neon leather" i'll  be posting some of the graphics here ; there is still plenty to do, but i just wanted to know your opinion on the background and icon graphics.

here is a link to reference images:
https://www.facebook.com/vicentebolt/media_set?set=a.10154353389928322.1073741832.749368321&type=3

Here is a link to the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy3z36rq5xe0avf/X5II%20-%20Neon%20leather%20by%20%40vicentebolt.rar?dl=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back