FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
May 20, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #256 of 321
Here it is from XVortex's posting "My ultra-lite custom firmware for X5ii based on v2.0 and TCD1975 X1 theme is here."

The link takes you to here https://mega.nz/#!Y0sDjSJL!xetgjoeQcDpFW4yzhnjj6ZtUGlxqyqQD-JQFUxlds2g 

Hopefully this is the information you were asking for.

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #257 of 321
Hi, is there any chance to change font to cursiva and the text will be not cutting off on the right side of the screen in play setings?
Is there a way to change coordinates of position the text displayed in play setings menu?

Jun 8, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #258 of 321
Hi, is there any chance to change font to cursiva and the text will be not cutting off on the right side of the screen in play setings?
Is there a way to change coordinates of position the text displayed in play setings menu?

Unfortunately no, there is really no control over the text position or the scale of the text for the X5ii. The X3ii and X1 are able to change the font size, but FiiO decided that the X5ii can't.

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #262 of 321
  Has x Relic x's firmware been updated to 2.1?
After searching for 30 minutes, I cannot find the link.
Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thank You!

I think that many people finally given in to X7 temptation and as such, this thread is not anymore as active as it used to be 
biggrin.gif

I'll give in to a X5ii successor or to X7 very soon myself XD!

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #263 of 321
I'm happy with my X5 2nd gen. I've had it for a year and only use it for a few hours per week.
No need to upgrade to a $600 FLAC player like the X7 for now.
How much better could the X7 be?

Please don't abandon the X5II X Relic X!! :)
gs1000.gif

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #264 of 321
  I'm happy with my X5 2nd gen. I've had it for a year and only use it for a few hours per week.

Please don't abandon the X5II X Relic X!! :)
gs1000.gif

Ohoho! 

Demoed X7 on many occasions... 

Amazing! 

It's amazing in one word! 

I still use X5ii for everyday usage, because the signature is better for me personally. I like the sparkly, lusty treble and the tight tight, fast, precise, pinpoint movement of bass using ie800. 

X7 sounds more natural, fuller, mids are... idk... better? X5ii mids are amazing as they are! but X7 is even better! love both for mids! Amazing DAPs XD

But X7 has bass that has more natural decay, and treble is slightly more normal, where X5ii is slightly bright. I prefer my treble to be madly bright, if it were possible, I would take even more treble, but X7 has a treble that is smooth, has zero sibilance, and is still clear. Very very clear. That is a certain plus, it;s very well defined. Even a few ticks better than X5ii. 

Overall impression is that I seriously love both players, would be happy with either. X5ii serves my tastes for now better, especially for the music I have, but X7 would be better for most people. Especially with AM2 or other modules, but these impressions are mostly for AM1, while AM2 is similar to E12A sound. 

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #265 of 321

Please don't abandon the X5II X Relic X!! :):gs1000smile:

Apologies, I've been slacking!!

Here is my 2.1FW custom themes including the 3.340 USB drivers - LINK -

:beerchug:

Jul 3, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #267 of 321
  I've updated VTX-Lite v2.1 for X5II: link

Thank you for the update.  For me your custom theme is the best.  Although the themes are great for their colors and graphics, your's is the best for its simplicity and clarity, especially the nice large easy to read fonts.  I swear, too, that with yours installed the FIIO runs better, that is it is more responsive (or is that my imagination?)  Thanks again.  

Jul 3, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #269 of 321
Apologies, I've been slacking!!

Here is my 2.1FW custom themes including the 3.340 USB drivers - LINK -

beerchug.gif

Relic, your Analogue theme is absolutely fantastic with the gold colored player!! I was wondering since I am blind as a bat if there is a way to bump the fonts up a bit without changing the theme itself?? Thanks. And thanks for the custom themes!!

Jul 3, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #270 of 321
Relic, your Analogue theme is absolutely fantastic with the gold colored player!! I was wondering since I am blind as a bat if there is a way to bump the fonts up a bit without changing the theme itself?? Thanks. And thanks for the custom themes!!

Thank you! :)

/Rant

Unlike the X1 and X3ii FiiO has decided NOT to allow X5ii users to change the font size. I could change the font to one that is by default larger across the board, but when I tried that it became difficult to fit certain menu items and some were unreadable (went off the page).

So, unfortunately, I neither have the time or the inclination to monkey around with trying multiple fonts to find one that may or may not suit a users preference, especially since FiiO has no willingness to support this feature in their top tier wheel based DAP. I asked multiple times and they just keep saying no.

Of course anyone can open the x5ii.fw on their own with the instructions I provided in the first three posts of this thread and try a multitude of fonts that may work better for their tastes. It really is easy to copy the font and name it the same as the one FiiO has provided. The only caveat is that whatever font is chosen needs to be in the same .ttf format and renamed to "msyh.ttf" or the player won't recognise it (that's the name of the font file the system is looking for).

/Rant over

I don't mean to come off as dismissive, but I have tried many times to no avail with FiiO on this issue so I won't pursue it further. The theme "VTX-Lite" by XVortex seems to be using a larger font that works so I may try that font when I get the chance, but it will be at a later date as I'm very busy at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back