FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
Nov 29, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #151 of 321
  Sorry for the delay, here is Collection One updated to firmware 1.2.

I don't have a X5II to test with, so if you find a bug, please tell me and I will do my best to fix it. Thanks!

Direct download link

Thanks for sharing, can you release the NoFrame version recently?

Moreover, here I have some chinese song title character aren’t showing as follow.

https://goo.gl/wqg8OM

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #154 of 321
Would the 1.2 themes work with the 1.21 beta firmware? Thanks

Themes already have 1.2 firmware in them, it is not that simple to change fw for a theme. The creator must do this, but theoretically they should all work on 1.21 beta. Mine did not work and crashed X5II, so I am using default UI until the next non beta release, when I will update my themes.

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #156 of 321
Thanks. Just got x5ii so this is all new to me. I remember reading that now. I wish I had the knowledge to do rockbox.

No rock box for X5II. I think that this would be for the better actually, but this just might be me 
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #157 of 321
I had rock box on a old iriver and used it on an older iPod. It was nice for what I wanted. It can be a can of worms especially if you don't know what you are doing or can't follow directions exactly. It would be nice to know what the hardware is capable of or what fiio's plans for the firmware are

Jan 16, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #159 of 321
Are beta fws not themed? 

Typically not to avoid comments of 'custom themes broke my device'. The custom themes only change images and displayed text but still, in the past people have insisted that themes have broken functionality, which is untrue.

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #161 of 321
Typically not to avoid comments of 'custom themes broke my device'. The custom themes only change images and displayed text but still, in the past people have insisted that themes have broken functionality, which is untrue.

I stopped theme-ing because the latest beta really broke everything when I added my theme 
biggrin.gif
. I have no ideea how, and to this date, I was unable to troubleshoot this. 

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #162 of 321
I stopped theme-ing because the latest beta really broke everything when I added my theme :D . I have no ideea how, and to this date, I was unable to troubleshoot this. 

Hmmmm... It should be rather straight forward, not sure what you ran in to. Oh well. :)

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #163 of 321
I'd like to title some EQ settings but I'm having trouble with the instructions listed on the first post.
When I try to open up the packtools application I just get a flash of the command center and nothing else appears to happen.

Jan 17, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #164 of 321
I'd like to title some EQ settings but I'm having trouble with the instructions listed on the first post.
When I try to open up the packtools application I just get a flash of the command center and nothing else appears to happen.

Did you create a folder and place both the unzipped X5ii.fw file and the unpack tools .bat in the same folder?

Jan 17, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #165 of 321

Did you create a folder and place both the unzipped X5ii.fw file and the unpack tools .bat in the same folder?

I just unzipped the download Custom FW Tools to my desktop.

So I should take the unzipped X5ii.fw file you made and put it in a folder on my desktop then unzip unpack tools.bat only into that folder?
Does the X5ii need to be connected during this? 

I really appreciate your help, Relic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back