FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
Jan 17, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #166 of 321
I just unzipped the download Custom FW Tools to my desktop.

So I should take the unzipped X5ii.fw file you made and put it in a folder on my desktop then unzip unpack tools.bat only into that folder?
Does the X5ii need to be connected during this? 

I really appreciate your help, Relic.

The only time the X5ii needs to be connected (more specifically the mSD card) is when you are loading the firmware on to it. From there update the firmware as usual with the mSD card in slot number one.

Here's a brief instruction on how to change the equalizer names in the firmware with some pics to follow along:

Here I placed the unzipped firmware tools and the unzipped X5II.fw file in the same folder named " Default_FW1.0 ".

Note there is no x5ii folder.

Then you need to double click the " unpack.bat " file to extract the firmware.

After double clicking the " unpack.bat " file. Now there is a x5ii folder with the unpacked firmware inside.

Once that is done you should enter the ' x5ii ' folder and this is what you will see.
Navigate in to the ' str ' folder.

Next enter the ' English ' folder and this is what you will see.

In the ' str/English ' folder you will see all the .ini files for you to be able to change the text.
Find the eq.ini file and edit the portion that I have highlit in the following image.

Again, only change the text I have highlit in the eq.ini file. The text within the < > should not be touched or else the X5ii will not understand the file.

For example: For the Custom equalizer do not change "< style_custom >" just change the text in between...
" < style_custom > My EQ < style_custom > ".

I used spaces in my example because otherwise they won't show up in my post but you should not add spaces to the lines you are editing.

Finally, once you have edited and saved the eq.ini file (overwrite the file, don't change the name) you want to navigate back to the folder that has the pack.bat file. Double click that and you will have a new X5II.fw file (it will be overwritten) that you then load on to your mSD card and update the firmware as normal.

Jan 17, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #167 of 321
Koukol, I've done a few edits to my instructions above in case you missed them. Just for clarity. :)

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #168 of 321
@Koukol, I've done a few edits to my instructions above in case you missed them. Just for clarity.
smily_headphones1.gif

SUCCESS! :)

Relic, this is definitely above and beyond!
beerchug.gif

Jan 17, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #169 of 321
SUCCESS! :)

Relic, this is definitely above and beyond!:beerchug:

:beerchug:

By the way, you can change any of the EQ names, not just the custom EQ.

Jan 18, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #171 of 321
Yup...I changed two :)
Now I have a Harsh Remover and Bass Boost.
I'm curious why Rock was changed to Angie.

Oops! I have the JH Angie IEM and I had an EQ for it I guess I left in the public FW. :rolleyes:

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #172 of 321

Yup...I changed two
smily_headphones1.gif

Now I have a Harsh Remover and Bass Boost.
I'm curious why Rock was changed to Angie.

Oops! I have the JH Angie IEM and I had an EQ for it I guess I left in the public FW.
rolleyes.gif

I never heard of those IEM's.
I thought it had something to do with THE STONES.
I was thinking...I love the song too but a setting dedicated to it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #173 of 321
I never heard of those IEM's.
I thought it had something to do with THE STONES.
I was thinking...I love the song too but a setting dedicated to it? :)

Lol! They're part of the JH Audio Siren series IEMs and all of them are named after famous rock songs. There's Layla, Roxanne, Angie, and now Rosie. Angie is indeed named after the Rolling Stones Angie song.

I absolutely love my Angie by the way!

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #175 of 321
Sorry for going inactive on theming, I've been busy lately and haven't had the time. Also, I think I've drained myself of ideas, and the firmware limitations discourage me from further theming. A third reason would be that I don't have the X5II to test on.

If I can get a few themes done for the original X5, maybe I will release a second themepack for the X5II.

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #176 of 321
I think that I am going to complete a theme pack before selling my X5II, because I learned how to use both photoshop and .psd files, and might want to improve my digital and UI creation skills. 

EDIT::

If anyone can help me:

What happens if I make an Icon Bigger? I mean, it crashes, breaks? Or if it works, from what place will ti draw the icon ? Left corner?

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #177 of 321
I think that I am going to complete a theme pack before selling my X5II, because I learned how to use both photoshop and .psd files, and might want to improve my digital and UI creation skills. 

EDIT::

If anyone can help me:

What happens if I make an Icon Bigger? I mean, it crashes, breaks? Or if it works, from what place will ti draw the icon ? Left corner?

Typically the upper left corner. I have a few icons in my themes that are larger than the stock and didn't need to change the coordinates. Mind you, there may be overlapping images if they go too large. That's where the tedious process of testing comes in if you change the resolution of the images.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back