Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Sep 3, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #11,161 of 15,899
Most Android music apps I have tried on the X5 won't see the second SD card. ...

I have two DAPs with dual sdcards: this one and the Pioneer. I also use/try/buy a lot of music player apps. The only one I have in my app collection that does not see the 2nd card on either player is Rocket Player. Which is unfortunate since it is a really good player. Dev says they are working on secondary card support so that's promising.

I concur with the others Neutron is a solid app to use although the GUI needs an overhaul. I also don't mind FiiO Pure Music Player on the X5iii. In fact, if FPM were available as a standalone app I'd put it on some of my other devices.

Sep 3, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #11,162 of 15,899
I have two DAPs with dual sdcards: this one and the Pioneer. I also use/try/buy a lot of music player apps. The only one I have in my app collection that does not see the 2nd card on either player is Rocket Player. Which is unfortunate since it is a really good player. Dev says they are working on secondary card support so that's promising.

I concur with the others Neutron is a solid app to use although the GUI needs an overhaul. I also don't mind FiiO Pure Music Player on the X5iii. In fact, if FPM were available as a standalone app I'd put it on some of my other devices.
Yes i had the same thoughts initially. Hiby is fast but i somehow am still trying to like its UI. Both Hiby and Foorbar as well as Poweramp all see the 2nd mSD card.

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #11,164 of 15,899
Does X5-III allow connecting external USB DACs using its micro USB port? It mentions in the Description "Can be used to connect to External USB DAC", Anyone tried it?
The usb out is mostly miss than hit. People have successfully tried coax out.

Sep 4, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #11,167 of 15,899
Thanks for the Information. I would assume it to be a Software issue and hope it gets fixed in next update.
Well its been advertised since its launch and its a no go therefore i am not being too optimistic.

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #11,168 of 15,899
Well its been advertised since its launch and its a no go therefore i am not being too optimistic.
Dear friend,
We are sorry for the delay. Our engineers are trying best to improve this feature.
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 5, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #11,170 of 15,899
I have read that there were issues using a Mojo with the X5 Mk3, has that been fixed? If so would this and a Mojo be better than an X7 Mk2?

Mojo works with the X5 on coax output, not USB. For now at least.
a X7 mk2 would be a better way to go, Mojo is overrated IMHO and it's nicer to have a single device in your hand or pocket :) with a balanced output !

Sep 5, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #11,171 of 15,899
With current versions of the software the X5iii includes ludicrous static-like noise when using the Mojo via coax.
Who really cares what you think of the Mojo, that has nothing to do with the question.

Sep 5, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #11,172 of 15,899
@SoundSquare I agree. I couldn't stand the fact that I spent $550 on a device that "hums" while charging. I swapped it out, and replaced 5 different chargers (ones that were recommended) and multiple USB cables (including AudioQuest) and couldn't get rid of it. In the end, I was happy enough with the sound out of the X5iii that I sold off the Mojo. I mean, my Oppo HA-2 NEVER hummed when used as a Desktop DAC, Portable Dac/Amp or anything. Charging while in use or not. That's an issue for another thread though. Here's hoping for better firmware for the X5iii.

Sep 5, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #11,173 of 15,899
I've got MediaMonkey installed on my X5III and it works fine. I haven't tried the WiFi syncing though. Aside from the initial loading of songs onto the microSD cards, I don't find the USB transfers to be slow enough to bother me.

As for MediaMonkey on the X5III, originally, it wouldn't populate it's library. I could browse into the folders for the microSD card and play tracks that way but scanning always reported that no tracks were found. However since upgrading to the latest Fiio firmware and installing a update to MediaMonkey, things are working well. Not sure which upgrade fixed things though.

Sep 5, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #11,174 of 15,899
With current versions of the software the X5iii includes ludicrous static-like noise when using the Mojo via coax.
Who really cares what you think of the Mojo, that has nothing to do with the question.
It does as a matter of fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back