Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Sep 5, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #11,176 of 15,899
Sep 5, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #11,178 of 15,899
X5iii coax out to ifi dsd black label to any earphone or headphone is the bomb
Yikes, really ? Take a pic bro. You using that cable that came with the X5III ?

Sep 5, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #11,179 of 15,899
I found a fiio one but it is a metre in length. Fiio L21
i have the same one and i look like the hangman walking around with that thing hanging from the stack :wink:

Sep 5, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #11,180 of 15,899
X5iii coax out to ifi dsd black label to any earphone or headphone is the bomb
Yes for desktop use it is fine...good actually. But the size of the iDSD and the cable issue makes it impractical (for me) to use as a portable solution.

Sep 5, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #11,181 of 15,899
Seriously considering an X5 Mk3 on ebay UK. There are some open box models from a company stating opened but not used, which I always find suspicious and are probably returns, but someone selling a brand new sealed unit at £330. So tempting.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #11,182 of 15,899
Yes for desktop use it is fine...good actually. But the size of the iDSD and the cable issue makes it impractical (for me) to use as a portable solution.
3 hrs a day on the go with it.
20170621_130353.jpg

Attachments

• 20170901_180222.jpg
    20170901_180222.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Sep 5, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #11,184 of 15,899
Not sure it's the greatest of ideas to walk around with something like that hanging out of your pocket with the state of the world right now. :D
Ha, around here everybody keeps to their phones.

Sep 5, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #11,185 of 15,899
Wouldn't work for me with my build and use pattern. Sitting would be quite uncomfortable. I also tend to catch IEM cables or headphone cables on every available obstruction if they are not coiled, kept short, and clipped to my shirt.
I have considered a shoulder bag, but that is just something else to get in the way. I do like the Black Label though. But I think it is more designed to be transportable versus truly portable.

It is quite nice that I can use the X5III as a transport with it. This points to some kind of compatibility issues with the Mojo.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #11,186 of 15,899
Wouldn't work for me with my build and use pattern. Sitting would be quite uncomfortable. I also tend to catch IEM cables or headphone cables on every available obstruction if they are not coiled, kept short, and clipped to my shirt.
I have considered a shoulder bag, but that is just something else to get in the way. I do like the Black Label though. But I think it is more designed to be transportable versus truly portable.

It is quite nice that I can use the X5III as a transport with it. This points to some kind of compatibility issues with the Mojo.
Ha, I walk in 35c, get on many trains and buses with it plus I carry a back pack with four to six Basket balls. I usually stand but if I do get lucky to sit I can just hold it. If I have agorts on no problem. I also use the Hugo on the go if theres a will theres a way

Sep 5, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #11,187 of 15,899
Good for you!! (sincerely)

I am not that much of a fanatic. For what I want in portable, the X5III does just fine on its own. I typically do not use headphones in a portable scenario and the X5III does just fine with any of my IEMs.
Also, probably 90% of the time in the portable scenario, I am not really listening to the point that anything other than gross differences would be noticeable. I simply am not willing to work that hard for that 10% of the time when I may pay close enough attention to warrant the aggravation. Of course that is just me. Certainly to each their own. I certainly see where it could be worth it given the individual motivation to deal with it.

Have fun!

"when I have agorts on"
I have to ask... what is an agort? Or is it just a typo?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #11,188 of 15,899
Seriously considering an X5 Mk3 on ebay UK. There are some open box models from a company stating opened but not used, which I always find suspicious and are probably returns, but someone selling a brand new sealed unit at £330. So tempting.

I just looked at the units you are quoting and I see that they are from AdvancedMP3. I have purchased a number of items from them including my x5II and X5III and I have found them to be honest and reliable. My last X5III failed after 4 months and they exchanged it straight away without quibble with next day delivery through Amazon.

Sep 5, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #11,189 of 15,899
I just looked at the units you are quoting and I see that they are from AdvancedMP3. I have purchased a number of items from them including my x5II and X5III and I have found them to be honest and reliable. My last X5III failed after 4 months and they exchanged it straight away without quibble with next day delivery through Amazon.

I bought my X5iii through AMP3 as an open box deal and, when I received it, it was like new. Their customer service seems to attract positive comments here on Head-Fi too.

Sep 5, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #11,190 of 15,899

I bought from AVGear up here in Canada through their Amazon store... Had to send back mine due to a white spot on the screen. They accepted it no questions asked and replaced with a brand new unit sealed in box... I was gonna sell it off, but for some reason, I chose to give it another try. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back