Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 14, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #8,941 of 15,899
The 24/96kHz limit is for PCM from coaxial. In the latest 1.1.5 FW update they implemented DSD DoP and D2P which now allows DSD output from coaxial without converting to 88.2kHz PCM like in previous firmware.

@howdy, if you are seeing the Mojo sampling rate as white then you are receiving DSD.

thanks for correcting me Relic

May 15, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #8,944 of 15,899
Can people in North America buy the Quick charger for the X5iii? I see it mentioned as only available for China.
I am using an Anker Powerport +3 that I purchased on Amazon and it performs the quick charger function quite well. I am very happy with the combination. I also bought the 12volt car version and it works swell too. Anker, yes please.

May 15, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #8,946 of 15,899
SPOTIFY issues:
in the night between friday and saturday my X5 ran out of battery and shut down.
Sunday when I charged it and put it on again my spotify offline library was gone AGAIN.
now I have an additional 'dead' offline device in my spotify account setting

This issue cannot be pushed on spotify, please fix your device. I'm starting to run out of patience.

May 15, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #8,947 of 15,899
I find out issues in 1.1.5 FW:
When i pause the song, and try to play it after 5-10 min, it starts play with the beginning or player app is crashed.
And increase number of crashes when i try to play 192 kHz files.

May 15, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #8,948 of 15,899
This issue cannot be pushed on spotify, please fix your device. I'm starting to run out of patience.
Why? Just do a google search and read in the Spotify Community Forums. They are full of complaints.
But it happens on Sony, Samsung, LG and a lot of other devices.
The reason seems to be security issues.
I switch off my FiiO every night and boot it up every morning and never lost my offline content on FiiO.
But I have Spotify only on two devices, the FiiO X5 and on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
There was a solution to that problem, that has worked with other users:
Remove Spotify from all your devices.
Remove all Spotify devices in your online Spotify account.
Install it on max. 3 devices ... you should be safe then.
I've got the impression, the issue has to do with some anti-misuse fuctions, that Spotify applies, when people use the offline feature.

May 15, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #8,949 of 15,899
I find out issues in 1.1.5 FW:
When i pause the song, and try to play it after 5-10 min, it starts play with the beginning or player app is crashed.
And increase number of crashes when i try to play 192 kHz files.
Dear Famazon,

Sorry to hear about that. Would you mind provide more information about this issue? In pure music or Android mode? From category or storage?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 15, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #8,951 of 15,899
Why? Just do a google search and read in the Spotify Community Forums. They are full of complaints.
But it happens on Sony, Samsung, LG and a lot of other devices.
The reason seems to be security issues.
I switch off my FiiO every night and boot it up every morning and never lost my offline content on FiiO.
But I have Spotify only on two devices, the FiiO X5 and on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
There was a solution to that problem, that has worked with other users:
Remove Spotify from all your devices.
Remove all Spotify devices in your online Spotify account.
Install it on max. 3 devices ... you should be safe then.
I've got the impression, the issue has to do with some anti-misuse fuctions, that Spotify applies, when people use the offline feature.

I've had Spotify for a few years now, on various mainly Sony smartphone/tablets and I've never had this issue before.
Right now I have spotify synchronized on a single device, the X5. I will uninstall it from my smartphone, even if it's not synchronized. Maybe it will help.

Note that I don't get a message saying that I have reached the maximum number of devices, my Spotify settings just get erased and the X5 gets a new spotify identity every time. My guess is that the shutdown sequence of the X5 is not clean and that some spotify ID file gets corrupted.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #8,952 of 15,899
I've had Spotify for a few years now, on various mainly Sony smartphone/tablets and I've never had this issue before.
Right now I have spotify synchronized on a single device, the X5. I will uninstall it from my smartphone, even if it's not synchronized. Maybe it will help.

Note that I don't get a message saying that I have reached the maximum number of devices, my Spotify settings just get erased and the X5 gets a new spotify identity every time. My guess is that the shutdown sequence of the X5 is not clean and that some spotify ID file gets corrupted.

Before you run out of your patience on the X5III, read this.... probably all the Android devices has shut down sequence not clean (I had same problem last year when I had my Note 4, seems unresolved):
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Offline-Songs-Disappearing/td-p/1350156

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #8,953 of 15,899
Before you run out of your patience on the X5III, read this.... probably all the Android devices has shut down sequence not clean (I had same problem last year when I had my Note 4, seems unresolved):
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Offline-Songs-Disappearing/td-p/1350156

I guess that I could strictly follow their procedure, that would imply getting spotify from the play store and not the FiiO store and activate all the google related background services :frowning2: I'll do that next time I loose all library, downloading it takes a long while...

May 15, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #8,954 of 15,899
I guess that I could strictly follow their procedure, that would imply getting spotify from the play store and not the FiiO store and activate all the google related background services :frowning2: I'll do that next time I loose all library, downloading it takes a long while...

Sorry but can't help much here, as I have stopped using Spotify for a while. Happy with filling up my SD card with my own collections, and buying DSD from online stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back