Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 13, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #8,926 of 15,899
Interesting. I'm surprised to hear that there was so much difference. Of course the whole my ears/your ears applies as usual. I read a few reviews of the Titan 3, discovering that it is either open, airy and spacious, or lacking in height and depth.

I did consider the soundstage (especially depth) to be the only significant weakness of the X5iii. Ended up getting WindowsX's Advanced ROM and am much happier with the sound stage. Now it's only slightly below the Cowon Plenue 2 in that respect. With the stock ROM I did think the balanced output was significantly more spacious than single-ended. So perhaps the A5 is a significant upgrade.

I'm in on the Fireye HBD MassDrop, so I'll have another data point for comparison.

The Fireye HDB looks brilliant. When is it shipping? Please do let me know how it turns out, should be interesting.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #8,927 of 15,899
For Fiio Support

Album Art Issue: I finally got all of my music tracks load - mostly WMA10 VBR files. Both 128gb cards full and functioning. In order to get it to read all of the album art, I had to un-embed the album art from each individual track and place one jpg image named Folder.jpg in each album folder. If the single file is NOT in each folder it will not display the album art or randomly displays the art. If it is both embedded in the individual tracks and an image in the folder - no album art displayed. Only removing all embedded art and moving it to a single jpg file within the folder - did it work - everytime.

A suggestion: Once you select an album or folder and tap on its Album Art icon, it displays all of the tracks - each with the same album art (kind of redundant). It would be a much more nicer looking interface if you deleted the small album art renditions and replaced it with a larger image at the top of the screen with the tracks listed below. Just a suggestion.

Other than these two quirks, interface is very nice and the sound is awesome!

Dear Thx1326,

Thank you for your kind feedback. Have you tried to delete the album folder(internal_sd\FiiOMusic) to see whether it helps? What's the resolution of the album art?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 13, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #8,928 of 15,899
Anyone have contacts within Tuff-Luv?

Possible improvement on the new X5III case.

upload_2017-5-13_11-27-48.jpeg

May 13, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #8,929 of 15,899
Hello, can i ask something? i use Neutron player, not the fiio player... is the neutron not-resampling as default or must i check some settings? in pic is my current Neutron setup, i hope for best sound...
or i am wrong? thanks for help, nice day...

Joseph

hello, can i ask something? is neutron not resampling as default or must be something checned in settings? here are my settings... thank you for help...

Joseph

read my previous posts about it. Neutron will resample if you don't use a supported external usb dac. Neutron can't send native hd stream to the X5 dac as it misses a driver/library for it.

May 13, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #8,930 of 15,899
Got a X5iii again tour unit, I have 5200 songs in slot 2 and around 600 songs of Tidal Hifi offline in slot 1 working flawsless. I also have my Mojo hooked up Coax. Does anyone know what the max output through LO? I played some Genesis DSD and the Mojo did turn white which I was surprised.

May 13, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #8,933 of 15,899
May 13, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #8,934 of 15,899
The Fireye HDB looks brilliant. When is it shipping? Please do let me know how it turns out, should be interesting.

Estimated ship date is June 5.

They charged my PayPal account last night.

May 13, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #8,935 of 15,899
Got a X5iii again tour unit, I have 5200 songs in slot 2 and around 600 songs of Tidal Hifi offline in slot 1 working flawsless. I also have my Mojo hooked up Coax. Does anyone know what the max output through LO? I played some Genesis DSD and the Mojo did turn white which I was surprised.

24bit 96khz max, no dsd

The 24/96kHz limit is for PCM from coaxial. In the latest 1.1.5 FW update they implemented DSD DoP and D2P which now allows DSD output from coaxial without converting to 88.2kHz PCM like in previous firmware.

@howdy, if you are seeing the Mojo sampling rate as white then you are receiving DSD.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #8,936 of 15,899
The 24/96kHz limit is for PCM from coaxial. In the latest 1.1.5 FW update they implemented DSD DoP and D2P which now allows DSD output from coaxial without converting to 88.2kHz PCM like in previous firmware.

@howdy, if you are seeing the Mojo sampling rate as white then you are receiving DSD.
Thats awesome! Im definitely buying one of these. This is a tour unit, this is a great player and a great source to. So far I have had zero issues with anything. It can be a bit slow at times but it handles it. One thing I did notice is a the higher bit rate there is an occasional clipping or crackle sound its faint but there.

May 13, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #8,937 of 15,899
Thats awesome! Im definitely buying one of these. This is a tour unit, this is a great player and a great source to. So far I have had zero issues with anything. It can be a bit slow at times but it handles it. One thing I did notice is a the higher bit rate there is an occasional clipping or crackle sound its faint but there.

I don't even bother hooking up my Mojo to it, doesn't seem necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back