Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 15, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #8,956 of 15,899
and just to repeat it: not all have that issue. I switch off X5 at night and reboot the next morning. I never lost offline content.
Altough it's not clear, what causes the problem, it's obviously not an X5 only issue ...

May 15, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #8,957 of 15,899
I guess that I could strictly follow their procedure, that would imply getting spotify from the play store and not the FiiO store and activate all the google related background services :frowning2: I'll do that next time I loose all library, downloading it takes a long while...

Have you tried logging out after each use so that its not open during a shutdown or battery lose. Working for me at the moment after loosing on restarts.

May 15, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #8,958 of 15,899
Is anybody else having a problem where you download a playlist from tidal and some of the songs on it are clipped almost like the CD skipped yet there's no CD to skip. Lol. Anybody got any ideas to help this very annoying bug?

May 15, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #8,959 of 15,899
Is anybody else having a problem where you download a playlist from tidal and some of the songs on it are clipped almost like the CD skipped yet there's no CD to skip. Lol. Anybody got any ideas to help this very annoying bug?

It might be an "Android" problem. I have that happen on 1 song on my LG V20. I have not tried to download a playlist on the X5iii yet.

May 15, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #8,960 of 15,899
Wondering anyone have this issue. Finally decided to buy this after doing so much research. But encounter one issue with it.
In a specific set of tracks, at the same point (same result every test) in the affected track, there is 0.5 second sudden peak or jitter of sound.This can be replicated just by starting the track from 0:00 or hit the replay button. The music from start and once it reach the affected timeline, the speak/jitter occur. Tho manually rewind (without restarting track) before the affected point, the peak/jitter do not occur. Basically, after several test, I'm quite convinced is the music player issue. As using 3rd party music player and using it as dac, playing the same music file do not have peak/jitter at all. This only apply to the Fiio Music player.

Anyone share the same experience? Updated to the latest 1.1.5 btw.

May 15, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #8,962 of 15,899
Wondering anyone have this issue. Finally decided to buy this after doing so much research. But encounter one issue with it.
In a specific set of tracks, at the same point (same result every test) in the affected track, there is 0.5 second sudden peak or jitter of sound.This can be replicated just by starting the track from 0:00 or hit the replay button. The music from start and once it reach the affected timeline, the speak/jitter occur. Tho manually rewind (without restarting track) before the affected point, the peak/jitter do not occur. Basically, after several test, I'm quite convinced is the music player issue. As using 3rd party music player and using it as dac, playing the same music file do not have peak/jitter at all. This only apply to the Fiio Music player.

Anyone share the same experience? Updated to the latest 1.1.5 btw.
Yeah I hear the same jitter in like first second of the song if I replay it but using the seek function it doesn't happen.

If FiiO fixed it in next firmware it would be cool along with other fixes. But its only a small time period its affected.

May 15, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #8,963 of 15,899
Yeah I hear the same jitter in like first second of the song if I replay it but using the seek function it doesn't happen.

If FiiO fixed it in next firmware it would be cool along with other fixes. But its only a small time period its affected.
Good to know I'm not alone. Yea, the jitter occur at different point for each affected song. Some happen at 0:10, 0:40, 2:16 etc. Thou it is not random on the same track. For example, track 1 have jitter at 0:40. It will always happen at 0:40. Like you said, if i didn't restart the whole track and only rewind using the seeker bar. This jitter will be gone. thou hitting the "previous track" icon or button which restart the track will replicate the same jitter. Hopefully this get fixed soon.

May 15, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #8,966 of 15,899
Yes. There is also a problem with playing tracks offline with Tidal in that every 3 or 4 tracks the track starts skipping like it would on a CD. This can be momentarily corrected by skipping the track to the next track but then the problem resurfaces a few tracks later. The same issue occurs occasionally with Qobuz but much less frequently (maybe every 10 tracks or so). I (and others) have mentioned this fault many times on this forum in the last couple of months but there does not seem to have been any update from @FiiO about what is being done to solve it, which is very frustrating!

May 15, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #8,967 of 15,899
Yes. There is also a problem with playing tracks offline with Tidal in that every 3 or 4 tracks the track starts skipping like it would on a CD. This can be momentarily corrected by skipping the track to the next track but then the problem resurfaces a few tracks later. The same issue occurs occasionally with Qobuz but much less frequently (maybe every 10 tracks or so). I (and others) have mentioned this fault many times on this forum in the last couple of months but there does not seem to have been any update from @FiiO about what is being done to solve it, which is very frustrating!

Unless this is an issue you can also replicate in the FiiO Music App itself, there is little FiiO will be able to do to resolve this. I would suggest that you contact the developers of the respective apps giving the issue. In the event that you can replicate the issue in FiiO Music, I suggest you lodge a support ticket with support@fiio.net by sending them a sample of an affected song.

May 15, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #8,969 of 15,899
It would be brilliant if the Fiio player could scan imported playlists.

Meanwhile, has anyone found an app that can read & play an imported playlist that is (say) stored on internal memory and songA is MP3 on internal memory but songB is FLAC on SD slot1 and songC is AIFF (etc) on SD slot2?

It seems the Fiio player handles this within Favourites and other playlists created manually on the X5-iii, but the Fiio player does not (as far as I know) scan imported playlists?

I think M3U Dropper is more clunky than selecting the songs manually. And, in my example, the likes of Media Monkey would add songB & songC to the internal memory even though they are already on slot1 / slot2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back