Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 15, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #8,972 of 15,899
If you have 50$ and want an IEM, you should totally consider F5! F5 is one of my favorite IEMs for this price range, along with Shozy Zero.

So far, F5 has a very clear presentation with a great bass and very natural mids. Still listening before making a final impression. The soundstage is crazy good!!!

By the way, @Hawaiibadboy , I remember you saying somewhere that the tips are hard to put on. I agree with this, it has been fun placing them on the first time. Seems like after the first time, they are far easier to handle, just took a minute to figure out how exactly to do it. But the sound!!! And the comfort!

For the price they're being sold for, F5 is one of the best deals I can think of if you have this amount of money and want IEMs.

Full review coming soon, but the thing that I love the most about them is the soundstage. IT is so large, well defined and precise. How is this even possible inside a IEM?!

May 15, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #8,973 of 15,899
If you have 50$ and want an IEM, you should totally consider F5! F5 is one of my favorite IEMs for this price range, along with Shozy Zero.

So far, F5 has a very clear presentation with a great bass and very natural mids. Still listening before making a final impression. The soundstage is crazy good!!!

By the way, @Hawaiibadboy , I remember you saying somewhere that the tips are hard to put on. I agree with this, it has been fun placing them on the first time. Seems like after the first time, they are far easier to handle, just took a minute to figure out how exactly to do it. But the sound!!! And the comfort!

For the price they're being sold for, F5 is one of the best deals I can think of if you have this amount of money and want IEMs.

Full review coming soon, but the thing that I love the most about them is the soundstage. IT is so large, well defined and precise. How is this even possible inside a IEM?!

Do you have any idea when they will be available outside of China?

May 15, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #8,974 of 15,899
Saw a post from march so I had to write this again the Spotify Equalizer does not work, it doesn't change the sound in any way I can turn it on off bass boost to max whatever but it won't do anything to the sound. Hope they fix it soon hate not Beeing able to EQ

May 15, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #8,975 of 15,899
Saw a post from march so I had to write this again the Spotify Equalizer does not work, it doesn't change the sound in any way I can turn it on off bass boost to max whatever but it won't do anything to the sound. Hope they fix it soon hate not Beeing able to EQ

You need to put in a support request with Spotify for this.

May 15, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #8,976 of 15,899

I believe this has been stated several times in the thread in regard to other "problems". If the application developer has not written their application to correctly address the hardware so that features work correctly, it is not FIIO's place to fix it. As mentioned, it would be more productive to contact the developer/vendor and ask them if it can be fixed on their end.
If they can make the software talk to the hardware properly it will work.

May 15, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #8,977 of 15,899
Do you have any idea when they will be available outside of China?

I really hope they will come to the world very soon! There's so much potential in those 65$ they cost! I mean, I would totally pay the money only for the carry box and the tips, but man, the F5 themselves sound so awesome! You get a balanced cable in the box as well, detachable cables, I mean, the package is extra premium at their price and I fully recommend them!

X5-3 users will be very happy to know that they can use F5 in balanced mode!♡

May 15, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #8,978 of 15,899
I really hope they will come to the world very soon! There's so much potential in those 65$ they cost! I mean, I would totally pay the money only for the carry box and the tips, but man, the F5 themselves sound so awesome! You get a balanced cable in the box as well, detachable cables, I mean, the package is extra premium at their price and I fully recommend them!

X5-3 users will be very happy to know that they can use F5 in balanced mode!♡
Wow! that's even cheaper than Periodic MG. I might pick those up when availible in U.S

I haven't been able to use Balanced port yet in X5 Mark 3. So I hope to plug something in it eventually.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #8,979 of 15,899
Wow! that's even cheaper than Periodic MG. I might pick those up when availible in U.S

I haven't been able to use Balanced port yet in X5 Mark 3. So I hope to plug something in it eventually.

I'm extremely curious how they sound balanced! Please let us know when you discover I will try to borrow an X5-3 and report back (rocking an X5ii as my main DAP)

I'm wondering how they managed to actually make them and sell them for such a great price! The case is extremely durable and high quality, and some Peli cases cost 20-30$ just for the case, where with F5 you get the case, you get awesome tips (AWESOME TIPS!!!) and the IEMs themselves which are incredibly good. One thing that I was absolutely not expecting is their comfort. Given their shape, I expected to feel them, but after wearing them for an hour, I gotta say, they are extremely comfortable. Didn't image I would say before trying them out, but they are awesome!

And the packaging, FiiO always goes full on, they are packaged so nicely in a case similar to FiiO X5ii and X5-3, I gotta say, I am a fan of F5 now!

(Did I mention mmcx detachable cables with both single ended and balanced inside the box, and that the single ended one has a remote for both iOS and Androd?)

May 15, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #8,980 of 15,899
I'm extremely curious how they sound balanced! Please let us know when you discover I will try to borrow an X5-3 and report back (rocking an X5ii as my main DAP)

I'm wondering how they managed to actually make them and sell them for such a great price! The case is extremely durable and high quality, and some Peli cases cost 20-30$ just for the case, where with F5 you get the case, you get awesome tips (AWESOME TIPS!!!) and the IEMs themselves which are incredibly good. One thing that I was absolutely not expecting is their comfort. Given their shape, I expected to feel them, but after wearing them for an hour, I gotta say, they are extremely comfortable. Didn't image I would say before trying them out, but they are awesome!

And the packaging, FiiO always goes full on, they are packaged so nicely in a case similar to FiiO X5ii and X5-3, I gotta say, I am a fan of F5 now!

(Did I mention mmcx detachable cables with both single ended and balanced inside the box, and that the single ended one has a remote for both iOS and Androd?)
All of that including detachables are rare in this price point. I only seen trinity with detachable cables for their cheaper iems like Vyrus and Atlas, Delta etc

May 15, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #8,981 of 15,899
oh yeah, i haven't tried the x5-3 on balanced, should try it as i find the 3.5mm weaker than the x5-2, on both my sage and ma750i

May 15, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #8,982 of 15,899
All of that including detachables are rare in this price point. I only seen trinity with detachable cables for their cheaper iems like Vyrus and Atlas, Delta etc

Had no idea that there are any others to be honest! Always appreciate when a producer is including this kind of bonuses in their packages!

The little connectors snap right in place and feel premium. You wouldn't expect how well done the whole package is knowing its price, but really nice job!

May 15, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #8,983 of 15,899
8828910.jpg
Had no idea that there are any others to be honest! Always appreciate when a producer is including this kind of bonuses in their packages!

The little connectors snap right in place and feel premium. You wouldn't expect how well done the whole package is knowing its price, but really nice job!
Like you get custom filters and detachable cables for all of Trinitys Delta and atlas vyrus series. A lot of them within 70 gbp to around 100+
All come with case and filters and detachable cables.

Nice to know FiiO can do it too!

May 15, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #8,984 of 15,899
oh yeah, i haven't tried the x5-3 on balanced, should try it as i find the 3.5mm weaker than the x5-2, on both my sage and ma750i

Weaker as in pure loudness? I don't remember this exactly, but vaguely, X5-3 is a tad quieter, while the sound itself is better in many aspects!

Curious about your results with the balanced output!

Like you get custom filters and detachable cables for all of Trinitys Delta and atlas vyrus series. A lot of them within 70 gbp to around 100+
All come with case and filters and detachable cables.

Nice to know FiiO can do it too!

The more we get those things, the better! It helps push the envelope and it helps to bring better products to the customers and fans!

The more the lower ends advance, the higher ends advance as well, I'm enthused to see where we can get!

FiiO is seriously putting pressure on the market when they bring such awesome packages for low prices and for this I will always respect them! This is a customer friendly thing, where we are sure we're going to get better products by the day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back