Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 22, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #1,471 of 15,899
We should have a warning in this hobby: Nobody's allowed to leave!  

This might not mean as much for some - but I think that the display looks absolutely gorgeous in your pictures. 
Ha my focus was the music and how it sounds. ☺. I usually try to remove all pics, only focusing on the music. Guess rhe screen is nice but Ill say these three tracks sounds as good as they sounded on the Hugo but with a bit more bass punch.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #1,472 of 15,899
Ha my focus was the music and how it sounds. ☺. I usually try to remove all pics, only focusing on the music. Guess rhe screen is nice but Ill say these three tracks sounds as good as they sounded on the Hugo but with a bit more bass punch.

Is the new X5 as "neutral" as the Hugo? I've read the Hugo can sound rather bright.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #1,473 of 15,899
Is the new X5 as "neutral" as the Hugo? I've read the Hugo can sound rather bright.

The clue is in bold below... :wink_face:

I'll add that that's quite the statement there.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #1,474 of 15,899
Hugo with a bass light iem yeah the Hugo can be bright. Hugo and say Solars its not bright. Hugo and crossfeed is not bright. Hugo and eq not bright. The X5III is neutral but has a slight warmth compared to the Hugo. Both are very detailed and the Hugo can tend to get brighter out of the box.I dont like hearing glass break but I do like detailed treble.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #1,475 of 15,899
Awesome to hear. That's my favorite signature; neutral-warm.
:beerchug:

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #1,479 of 15,899
You should, bro. You should...

Everyone should...

Hugo with a bass light iem yeah the Hugo can be bright. Hugo and say Solars its not bright. Hugo and crossfeed is not bright. Hugo and eq not bright. The X5III is neutral but has a slight warmth compared to the Hugo. Both are very detailed and the Hugo can tend to get brighter out of the box.I dont like hearing glass break but I do like detailed treble.

That sounds like X5iii is pretty versatile. 

Out of curiosity, can you EQ it and increase the treble to match Hugo signature?

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #1,481 of 15,899
I get many PM's asking which DAP is best or which is better out of a couple with no context for what the individual wants or needs. So, I ask a lot of questions and sometimes steer them towards something they hadn't even considered at first.

In any case, @jmills8 got my interest up after chatting with him a bit about the X5 v3. We have similar tastes and needs, so that helps!

I absolutely agree. It is neither subjective nor objective..maybe a lot of people don't know what they really like or want.

Listening to this on the X5III and B&W P7.

Awesome pictures and do tell me how the P7 pairs with the X5-3 please.

We should have a warning in this hobby: Nobody's allowed to leave!  

This might not mean as much for some - but I think that the display looks absolutely gorgeous in your pictures. 

Yes its like the cosa nostra ... you never leave!
@jmills8 pictures are truly gorgeous!

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #1,482 of 15,899
Everyone should...

That sounds like X5iii is pretty versatile. 

Out of curiosity, can you EQ it and increase the treble to match Hugo signature?
pretty close, the treble does extend very well.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #1,483 of 15,899
I absolutely agree. It is neither subjective nor objective..maybe a lot of people don't know what they really like or want.

Awesome pictures and do tell me how the P7 pairs with the X5-3 please.

Yes its like the cosa nostra ... you never leave!
@jmills8
 pictures are truly gorgeous!
so nice Im not using my iems with its 2K cable.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #1,484 of 15,899
Hello,
Could someone please explain the difference between a 3.5mm balanced end and 3.5mm single ended jack?
If someone has a balanced 3.5mm cable for the IEMs how can they use the balanced output from Fiio X5 3rd gen?
Thanks.

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #1,485 of 15,899
Hi can anyone comment on how well the usb dac is working? I have had bad experiences with daps as dacs before including the ak120 and fiio x3ii. some problems include: delayed audio, audio glitches, losing connection randomly and requiring reconnection.

Also, anybody can compare this to the bit opus 1? that is my favourite sounding player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back