Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 13, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #14,087 of 15,899
Hi Fiio, some news about next fw release? I remember you told about some important changes in Music App, and it sounds very interesting to me... Thanks

I really had FIIO in high regards (see my previous posts) but I am ready to jump trains right now... buch of new products (which is perfectly fine) but forgetting former customers (more than ready for HiBy or iBasso now).

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #14,088 of 15,899
I really had FIIO in high regards (see my previous posts) but I am ready to jump trains right now... buch of new products (which is perfectly fine) but forgetting former customers (more than ready for HiBy or iBasso now).

I couldn't recommend the R6 more and it's recently gone down in a price. It has a high output impedance and only one SD slot but that's nothing an IEMatch and a 400GB card can't fix. Truly, it bests the x5III in every way imaginable.

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #14,089 of 15,899
1) yes
2) windows 10. Will try macos now. Thanks
MacOS didn't work either. Kingroot 5.3.7, 5.2.1, 5.0.6 and 4.5.0 all couldn't root the X5iii with fidelizer 1.2.1
Tonight I reflashed the stock rom and Kingroot 5.3.7 worked like a charm. I have now installed TWRP and jkbuha's kernel. We'll see how it goes then. Crazy that it took me so long but I am glad that the X5 is so open, so "flexible"!

Dec 14, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #14,090 of 15,899
I couldn't recommend the R6 more and it's recently gone down in a price. It has a high output impedance and only one SD slot but that's nothing an IEMatch and a 400GB card can't fix. Truly, it bests the x5III in every way imaginable.
hmm.. The Warm signature is still better R6 than X5iii. IMHO.

u need to stack e12a to get better than R6. again IMO

but u are right about output impedance.. no go for super sensi EIM

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #14,092 of 15,899
hmm.. The Warm signature is still better R6 than X5iii. IMHO.

u need to stack e12a to get better than R6. again IMO

but u are right about output impedance.. no go for super sensi EIM

I agree on all counts. I also just bought a pair of CA Andromeda-S which still sound amazing paired with the R6 but lower impedance would be nice.

All of which makes it harder to go back the x5III which is noisy and considerably lacking in detail by comparison.

Dec 14, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #14,093 of 15,899
If android isn't a concern the iBasso DX120 delivers R6 beating SQ at an incredible price.
Well yhe DX200 stock amp is poop.

Dec 14, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #14,094 of 15,899
I agree on all counts. I also just bought a pair of CA Andromeda-S which still sound amazing paired with the R6 but lower impedance would be nice.

All of which makes it harder to go back the x5III which is noisy and considerably lacking in detail by comparison.
Which R6 u got? SS or Black aluminum??
I prefer Black..

Andro S is source sensitive EIM... is there no Hiss using R6.. Sorry OTT

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #14,096 of 15,899
Hi Fiio, some news about next fw release? I remember you told about some important changes in Music App, and it sounds very interesting to me... Thanks
Dear friend,

We will release the new firmware this month. Sorry for the delay and thanks for the kind support to us.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 14, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #14,097 of 15,899
Whats in the new firmware release? FiiO sometimes you have me just shaking my head. So many fans, made to struggle with subpar buggy firmware, its never ending. I'm on my 3rd FiiO DAP, own Two FiiO headphone amps, is it time to move on just for the sake of a seamless experience. Album covers not updating, weekly music app random crash and restarts, random stutters cause me to reboot the player, on and on and on.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #14,098 of 15,899
Whats in the new firmware release? FiiO sometimes you have me just shaking my head. So many fans, made to struggle with subpar buggy firmware, its never ending. I'm on my 3rd FiiO DAP, own Two FiiO headphone amps, is it time to move on just for the sake of a seamless experience. Album covers not updating, weekly music app random crash and restarts, random stutters cause me to reboot the player, on and on and on.

I cannot be more in agreement, i have lots of FIIO products, 2 IEMs, 2 DAPs, 1 amp... it is not about bitching, since the quality of a product does not stop in the hardware. There is no doubt that FIIO products offer great bang for the buck, however, at this moment, I am willing to pay a little bit more (not much more, mind you - and there are a lot of options out there) for a complete product.

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #14,099 of 15,899
I cannot be more in agreement, i have lots of FIIO products, 2 IEMs, 2 DAPs, 1 amp... it is not about bitching, since the quality of a product does not stop in the hardware. There is no doubt that FIIO products offer great bang for the buck, however, at this moment, I am willing to pay a little bit more (not much more, mind you - and there are a lot of options out there) for a complete product.

If I could find a HibyR6 in Manhattan that I could hold in my hand and demo I would have my X5iii on ebay tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back