Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 14, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #14,101 of 15,899
I cannot be more in agreement, i have lots of FIIO products, 2 IEMs, 2 DAPs, 1 amp... it is not about bitching, since the quality of a product does not stop in the hardware. There is no doubt that FIIO products offer great bang for the buck, however, at this moment, I am willing to pay a little bit more (not much more, mind you - and there are a lot of options out there) for a complete product.
If I could find a HibyR6 in Manhattan that I could hold in my hand and demo I would have my X5iii on ebay tonight.
Warned everyone about it. Done this (selling x5iii) long time ago. Fiio just went on mocking their buyers with this poor, (now) overpriced dap. Then, sent the army of fanboys report negative opinions. Head fi agreed and blocked me because Fiio is now a sponsor of head fi.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #14,102 of 15,899
3o7WIQ4FARJdpmUni8.gif

Unless there's some alphabetical sorting fixes, I don't see myself letting the FiiO music app back on my player. Or if it's a firmware update, undoing these custom ROMs or kernel fixes. I suppose I'll wait to hear how it improves the experience for those coming from stock ROMs...

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #14,103 of 15,899
MacOS didn't work either. Kingroot 5.3.7, 5.2.1, 5.0.6 and 4.5.0 all couldn't root the X5iii with fidelizer 1.2.1
Tonight I reflashed the stock rom and Kingroot 5.3.7 worked like a charm. I have now installed TWRP and jkbuha's kernel. We'll see how it goes then. Crazy that it took me so long but I am glad that the X5 is so open, so "flexible"!

Remember to remove Kingroot once you're fully rooted and replace it with SuperSU.

Dec 17, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #14,106 of 15,899
So can any one assist. I accidentally removed my google play services so my tidal wont work. Now I tried to factory reset through the device but it just removed user installed apps and data.

I am on fidelizer so whenever I try to factory reset, fid is still there. Is there another way to restore to factory setting? Thanks!

Dec 18, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #14,107 of 15,899
So can any one assist. I accidentally removed my google play services so my tidal wont work. Now I tried to factory reset through the device but it just removed user installed apps and data.

I am on fidelizer so whenever I try to factory reset, fid is still there. Is there another way to restore to factory setting? Thanks!

I am afraid you'll have to use the Fiio software to "update" your X5iii again, either with fidelizer or stock 1.2.1 rom...

Dec 18, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #14,108 of 15,899

When this happened to me, FIIO advised the following: (however I didn't have any issues like fidelizer to deal with)

:
"In this case, you'll need to run use the Firmware Upgrade tool to burn the firmware. The upgrade tool package can be downloaded from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k96kq9xjzwtb86v/FW1.1.7.rar?dl=0

You need to run the Firmware Upgrade tool on a Windows computer, and please follow the instruction (available in the package) to operate."

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #14,111 of 15,899
Question: Is Fidelizer worth it? Tired of the instability of the Original Firmware. I am using the custom Kernel though, it made the device faster, but wondering if the Fidelizer will make it more stable.

Dec 18, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #14,112 of 15,899
I use Fidelizer as I like my ROMs compact, but your experience may vary. It's got some run-time optimisations of things like memory and background apps that give you a better experience under certain/most conditions. Try the free version, see if it feels better than the standard ROM.

As to my custom kernel - thanks for your support :)

Dec 18, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #14,113 of 15,899
After 2 days of UAPP installation, we will always kick off GoogleApps and GooglePlay and Framework - the official procedure recommended by FiiO / go to Settings - Device - About Device - 5x click on Device name (FiiO X5). Sometimes UAPP has begged to request a license verification via GooglePlay. It's simple, download the OpenGapps for Android 5.1
version for ARM processor Pico and install over TWRP. It is not possible to delete dalvik and dalvik cache - only reboot system, otherwise only reinstallation system.
link
https://opengapps.org/?arch=arm&api=8.1

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #14,114 of 15,899
Abandoning ship. It was fun, but i really feel FIIO is neglecting us. DX150 here I go, anyone interested on a X5iii, please PM me, will be posting soon on the sell forum, but I want to hit here first.@FIIO, you have lost a fanboy.

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #14,115 of 15,899
FB_IMG_1541177073918.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back