Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #13,126 of 15,897
Anybody else seeing neutron stopping to work after a while and when you check on it just disappears? No crash report or anything. It's really annoying. I just don't know if neutron is the cause. It just happens while it's running without user interaction.

I had that happen yesterday with the Fiio app. Music was still playing but the interface stopped working and a window popped up saying it was failing to respond. I was done with using it for the time so I just shut it off. It worked fine today.

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #13,127 of 15,897
Anybody else seeing neutron stopping to work after a while and when you check on it just disappears? No crash report or anything. It's really annoying. I just don't know if neutron is the cause. It just happens while it's running without user interaction.

I had that happen yesterday with the Fiio app. Music was still playing but the interface stopped working and a window popped up saying it was failing to respond. I was done with using it for the time so I just shut it off. It worked fine today.
This seems perfectly normal. Most apps tend to stop responding once in a while. Nothing to worry about unless it happens frequently.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #13,128 of 15,897
I have an album with embedded art in each file, and each song's artwork is different.
This is not a compilation album with songs by different artists, but hopefully an example to give you hope to solve your issues with embedded image metadata.

(As seen in Finder on my MacBook Pro)

(As seen on my X5)

I have tried different sizes of cover art, different tag editors, changing the version of the tags.... and on and on. Only way I can get it to show is to put the cover art named Folder.jpg in the folder with the tracks. I don't get it.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #13,129 of 15,897
I thought I read in this forum that someone had installed the Onkyp DP-X1A software on the Fiio and that it worked??? Do all the features of the software work - such as the multiple EQ's and the DSD UpConversion? Can it still drive both the unbalanced 3.5mm and 2.5mm jacks at the same time??? More info would be nice if anyone had tried it???

Apr 10, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #13,130 of 15,897
This seems perfectly normal. Most apps tend to stop responding once in a while. Nothing to worry about unless it happens frequently.
how is this normal? basically apps that do not work because they stop. i tell you what it is: "normal" poor fiio development.
btw, for ~2 weeks i own lg v20. since then x5iii sits on the desk doing almost nothing. it's a usb dac once in while and it's preparing to be sold.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #13,131 of 15,897
how is this normal? basically apps that do not work because they stop. i tell you what it is: "normal" poor fiio development.
btw, for ~2 week i own lg v20. since then x5iii sits on the desk doing almost nothing. it's a usb dac once in while and it's preparing to be sold.
Enjoy your V20 then :wink:

Apr 10, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #13,132 of 15,897
btw, for ~2 week i own lg v20. since then x5iii sits on the desk doing almost nothing. it's a usb dac once in while and it's preparing to be sold.

Normal perhaps isn't the correct word but this isn't an uncommon occurrence on Android devices. I've had apps throw out this sort of error on most of the Android devices I've owned since 'Gingerbread' including my current Lenovo Yogabook tablet and my Galaxy S9.

It's probably fair to say the small memory on the X5iii doesn't help but some minor interface tweaks and the installation of Greenify seems to keep mine running relatively smoothly.

Apr 10, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #13,134 of 15,897

It's hardly normal in my case since the app doesn't just stop responding but rather it stops playing music and when you look what is going on the app shuts down. No crash report. Pure music mode works just fine.

And while I've had sometimes had issues with apps on my android devices they were never this consistent.
The problem with not having access to the play store is that you don't have access to any new version that might be available. And I'm unwilling to mess around with apks for an undetermined time frame.

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #13,135 of 15,897
It's hardly normal in my case since the app doesn't just stop responding but rather it stops playing music and when you look what is going on the app shuts down. No crash report. Pure music mode works just fine.

And while I've had sometimes had issues with apps on my android devices they were never this consistent.
The problem with not having access to the play store is that you don't have access to any new version that might be available. And I'm unwilling to mess around with apks for an undetermined time frame.
My unit has access to Google Play Store. I downloaded and installed an app I got from there on Saturday. At the same time I installed upgrades to Neutron and Shuttle + players. No probs here.

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #13,136 of 15,897
My unit has access to Google Play Store. I downloaded and installed an app I got from there on Saturday. At the same time I installed upgrades to Neutron and Shuttle + players. No probs here.

Ok today play store is working again for me. No updates available. Will probably have to report it to the neutron guys if the problem persists.

Apr 11, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #13,137 of 15,897
I'm getting an issue where the touchscreen is unresponsive when I try to unlock the device. A force shutdown and reboot seems to fix the issue so I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware issue.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there anything I can do to figure out what the issue is?

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #13,138 of 15,897
I'm getting an issue where the touchscreen is unresponsive when I try to unlock the device. A force shutdown and reboot seems to fix the issue so I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware issue.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there anything I can do to figure out what the issue is?
Happened once to me. Sometimes screen reaction will slow down. Probably software and rebooting fixes it.

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #13,140 of 15,897
I decided to give the upgraded UAPP player a try now that it supports the X5III fully. I really like the integration with Google Play Music, Tidal, et. al.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out what setting to tweak to get UAPP to respond to the Track+/Track- buttons on the X5III. Does anyone have this working? For that matter, the track skip buttons on my Sennheiser BT headphones don't work with UAPP either even though they work in Pure Music mode and pretty much every other app that I use in Android mode.

Any hints?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back