Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 16, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #1,128 of 15,897
Did the currently Chinese version and the international share the same model number? And share the same firmware?

Dear Djsenjaya,

Yes, the same.

Best regards  

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 16, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #1,129 of 15,897
Dear Djsenjaya,

Yes, the same.

Best regards  

Before I ask my friend to purchase this fiio on China I want to ask:

What's fiio team currently focus on the next firmware?
Is it the gapless feature? Compability with other dac/amp? Etc
Please explain it. Thanks.

I'm really into onkyo because fiio firmware was buggy. But if fiio can fix this in short time, I'll stick to fiio.

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #1,130 of 15,897

Please keep in mind that this thread is for the FiiO X5III and unless your post is directly related, I suggest posting in a thread such as the X7's to keep things on topic and possibly receive better help/information.

If you had read the entire dicussione, you would have realized that it is not me who insist in advancing this argument, for me, this was closed already here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/828402/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-2x-akm-4490-balanced-out-dsd-dxd-dts-android-dual-card-slot/1080#post_13171679

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #1,131 of 15,897

If you had read the entire dicussione, you would have realized that it is not me who insist in advancing this argument, for me, this was closed already here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/828402/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-2x-akm-4490-balanced-out-dsd-dxd-dts-android-dual-card-slot/1080#post_13171679

I thought that your posts were helpful and as the new X5iii price is edging closer to the X7 price, they are both competing in the same mid fi price band, IMO.

Since the X5iii has not yet been released globally - what else is there to talk about - buggy software?
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #1,132 of 15,897

Since the X5iii has not yet been released globally - what else is there to talk about - buggy software?
wink.gif

Well it would be nice if there was a little less speculation - and a little more patience.  ClieOS has been doing a great job in getting some information out.  I'll be trying to give impressions over the next couple of weeks.  Personally so far it seems to be pretty stable for me.  I just need to get some time to sit down and write something in a little more depth.

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #1,133 of 15,897
Before I ask my friend to purchase this fiio on China I want to ask:

What's fiio team currently focus on the next firmware?
Is it the gapless feature? Compability with other dac/amp? Etc
Please explain it. Thanks.

I'm really into onkyo because fiio firmware was buggy. But if fiio can fix this in short time, I'll stick to fiio.

I speculate it will be fully stable when it reaches international markets! 

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,134 of 15,897
saw it in the flesh at a local retailer (Hong Kong) today, it definitely looks and feels more "expensive" / well built than any fiio products in the past, x7 included, customers are all over the demo so i didn't get to play with it, but over a 20 minute period, i saw 3 ppl buying theirs already.

personally and aesthetically, i prefer the more butch looking oriolus dp100, but i am impressed at how well built the x5iii is, like a better sized onkyo DPX1.

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #1,135 of 15,897
saw it in the flesh at a local retailer (Hong Kong) today, it definitely looks and feels more "expensive" / well built than any fiio products in the past, x7 included, customers are all over the demo so i didn't get to play with it, but over a 20 minute period, i saw 3 ppl buying theirs already.

personally and aesthetically, i prefer the more butch looking oriolus dp100, but i am impressed at how well built the x5iii is, like a better sized onkyo DPX1.
RSA

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #1,136 of 15,897

​From a sound point of view, how significant is the X5(iii)'s Balanced Output and do any of Fiio's own headphones exploit this functionality or do Fiio only provide cables for 3rd party headphones?

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #1,137 of 15,897

​From a sound point of view, how significant is the X5(iii)'s Balanced Output and do any of Fiio's own headphones exploit this functionality or do Fiio only provide cables for 3rd party headphones?

The balanced-out on X5III is following A&K's standard (2.5mm TRRS) and it is probably one of the most popular of all the balance connections on earphones out there (*full sized usually go for the much bigger XLR). FiiO does makes balanced IEM cables, provided you have an IEM with replaceable cable that can take advantage of it. There are also plenty of after market option out there as well. However, if you have no idea what balanced audio, there is no need to rush out to get a balanced headphone either. I personally don't always find headphone to sound better in balanced configuration. Sometime it does, sometime it doesn't.

Jan 16, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #1,138 of 15,897

​Thanks ClieOS. I have no experience at all of Balanced so maybe best I just get the X5(iii) first and if Balanced becomes the norm then maybe I'll buy new balanced headphones then. Would have been willing to speculate if Fiio's new iem's offered an entry point. Also, noticed X5(iii) Balanced power out similar to standard whereas others seem to be a big step up so I was not sure of any significant benefit.

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #1,140 of 15,897
In case anyone is interested, I reached out to FiiO support to find out what the expected effective read performance on the microSD card slots would be and got the following reply.
The operating speed of TF card slot 1 is about 8M/s and TF card slot 2 is about 13M/s.

With that in mind, it is unlikely to take advantage of a fast card like the Samsung ones shown in the slides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back