Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 14, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #1,112 of 15,897
Jan 14, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #1,115 of 15,897
  E12DIY and A5 sounds either really good for the price, I doubt seriously that AM3 and AM5 can do better driving my headphones...
Anyway, my old AK100Mk2, amped with E12DIY, to my ears sounds better than X7 + E12DIY/A5.
Amp and HP are the same, the difference is only in the source.
In saying this I do not mean that X7 sounds bad, I just say that I hoped sounded better.
But we're going OT, sorry for that ... :)

IMHO being this high up in the chain of Daps or Audiophile grade sources in general, you're not going to experience much (Night and Day) better sound.
I think that the X7 sounds great but its just not your preferred flavour in a sense. Its quite a clinical/flat/bright sounding DAP but that is generally how Sabre DACs sound. The AK100Mk2 would have had a warmer sound signature as that is generally how Wolfson DACs sound.

Would be safe to look for a warm sounding source. The X5III might just be what you are looking for..

Going back on topic, I hope FiiO can sort pairing out soon. Looking to getting a Mojo tomorrow with an X5iii to compliment it.

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #1,116 of 15,897
I agree. Once you hit the $350 mark, the audible difference between one DAP and another is quite small. Especially when you're talking the difference in "quality". Of course, I'd be a hypocrite if I suggested you oughtn't pursue the best-sounding DAP in your price range. God knows I've paid a pretty penny for marginal improvements.

That said, Lycosa777 is right. If the X7 was not to your tastes, you might want to look for a warmer-sound. Not "better". To get a better quality DAP than the X7, you must pay quite a bit more.

However, if you're looking for a warmer, smoother, more "musical" sound. I can recommend the Cayin i5. I enjoyed that device significantly more than the X7.

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #1,117 of 15,897

can't wait for your update on FW 1.0.8 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #1,119 of 15,897

Its quite a clinical/flat/bright sounding DAP but that is generally how Sabre DACs sound. The AK100Mk2 would have had a warmer sound signature as that is generally how Wolfson DACs sound.

The AK100Mk2 (amped!) doesn't sound so warm.
It sounds more detailed, cleaner and refined than X7.
X7 sounds veiled in comparison, and this surprised me.
AK100Mk2 (amped!) sounds really great.
I want to replace it just because its UI is really too slow and because it does not support native DSD, but its sound satisfies me.

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #1,120 of 15,897
Where i can buy it?

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #1,122 of 15,897

The AK100Mk2 (amped!) doesn't sound so warm.
It sounds more detailed, cleaner and refined than X7.
X7 sounds veiled in comparison, and this surprised me.
AK100Mk2 (amped!) sounds really great.
I want to replace it just because its UI is really too slow and because it does not support native DSD, but its sound satisfies me.

I think the "problem" lies somewhere else in your audio chain.
An amp can add its own sound to the source's own sound signature. This may affect the overall sound positively or negatively depending on component synergy and what you personally like to hear. Also take into account that headphones/earphones have their own sound signature which have a much greater effect on the overall sound.

Please keep in mind that this thread is for the FiiO X5III and unless your post is directly related, I suggest posting in a thread such as the X7's to keep things on topic and possibly receive better help/information.

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #1,124 of 15,897
Jan 15, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #1,125 of 15,897
can 3rd party apps use micro sd to save offline music? @FiiO

Currently some 3rd party apps , such as  Spodify ,Tidal , cannot save downloads to the SD card but only to the internal storage. (we're still working on it). 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back