Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Aug 7, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #10,727 of 15,897
Hello guys, if I'm going to use only single ended earphones (not the balanced output), is the FiiO X5 iii much better than the Cayin N3? Thanks!

kalo86
Ill say YES.

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #10,728 of 15,897
According to a review on youtube (bad guy good audio reviews), FiiO X7 MK2 has sense only if used in balanced output, in SE output it's not a step ahead with respect to the brother FiiO X5 iii. Is someone else reflecting the same idea?

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #10,729 of 15,897
According to a review on youtube (bad guy good audio reviews), FiiO X7 MK2 has sense only if used in balanced output, in SE output it's not a step ahead with respect to the brother FiiO X5 iii. Is someone else reflecting the same idea?

The thing is the X7II also has the capabilities of swapping amp modules, thereby making it a much more versatile device.

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #10,730 of 15,897
+1
Please fix this if possible!
RocketPlayer still won't see the second card. The same goes for many other players I've been testing.
Dear friend,

Some similar issue has been mentioned by a user in here before as well.
We have also contacted our engineers about that at that time as well. As some of the APPs won't have this issue, we can't confirm the issue happens because of the firmware or APPs by now. And it may take some time for the engineers to estimate this issue. So you may try to contact the developer of the APP for help as well.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 7, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #10,731 of 15,897
Dear friend,

We have also contacted our engineers about that at that time as well. As some of the APPs won't have this issue, we can't confirm the issue happens because of the firmware or APPs by now. And it may take some time for the engineers to estimate this issue. So you may try to contact the developer of the APP for help as well.

Best regards

What do you have to say to a post a few pages back where the Neutron Dev says that FiiO is not cooperative. I mean i really don't understand what the problem is to give the user an experience that was advertised.

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #10,732 of 15,897
Dear friend,

Best regards

Thanks for the update. Good to hear that you guys are trying to fix it.
I did contact the guys of RocketPlayer last April and they said it was on their to-do list.
I'll send them your info and hopefully either one of you might figure it out at some point.
Thanks again!

Aug 7, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #10,733 of 15,897
It is a sample code of native playback 24bit/192kHz wav file for third-party App.
I hope this sample code will help developers of third-party App.
There are two points.

1. It is necessary to convert byte data of 24bit file to unsigned int 32bit byte data. Do not use float 32bit. (16bit do not need to be converted)

2. It is necessary to specify a special value of 10 for AudioFormat. ENCODING_PCM_FLOAT must not be specified. (16bit specify standard ENCODING_PCM_16 BIT)

Note
This sample code convert all byte data of audio file to 32bit at the beginning first and passes it to AudioTrack, so it can only be used with music files of very short time (a few seconds).
In actuality, convert byte data to uint32bit sequentially in the background thread.
About these processes, I think that music application developers have more technology than I do.
So I do not specifically describe code to convert to unsigned int 32bit.

Code:
// 24bit/192kHz wav file from external storage
File file = new File(path);
input = new FileInputStream(file);

wavData = new byte[(int) input.available()];
input.read(wavData);
input.close();
int headerByteNum = caliculateWavHeaderByteNumber(wavData);

// Convert 24bit to unsigned int 32bit. If 16bit, not require convert
wavData = Convert32bit(wavData, headerByteNum);

int SamplingRate = 192000;
// 24bit AudioFormat.
int audioFormat = 10; // X5 3rd Custom AudioFormat????(java format?)
//int audioFormat = AudioFormat.ENCODING_PCM_FLOAT; // X5 3rd can't play 32bit float. require unsigned int 32bit.
// 16bit AudioFormat.
//int audioFormat = AudioFormat.ENCODING_PCM_16BIT; // 16bit

int bufSize = android.media.AudioTrack.getMinBufferSize(SamplingRate, AudioFormat.CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO, audioFormat);

AudioTrack audioTrack = new AudioTrack(
    new AudioAttributes.Builder()
    .setUsage(AudioAttributes.USAGE_MEDIA)
    .setContentType(AudioAttributes.CONTENT_TYPE_MUSIC)
    .build(),
    new AudioFormat.Builder()
    .setChannelMask(AudioFormat.CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO)
    .setEncoding(audioFormat)
    .setSampleRate(SamplingRate)
    .build(),
    bufSize,
    AudioTrack.MODE_STREAM,
    AudioManager.AUDIO_SESSION_ID_GENERATE);

audioTrack.play();
audioTrack.write(wavData, headerByteNum, wavData.length - headerByteNum);

I HAVE SENDED YOUR IDEA-S TO NEUTRON, I HOPE THATS NOT A PROBLEM... I HAVE SAYD IDEA IS NOT FROM ME... :) HERE IS THE ANSWER FROM NEUTRON DEVS

Hi,

Thank you very much for the hint!

If 24-bit extended format on Fiio results in direct pass to the DAC
then it is a wonderful possibility to add hi-res support for Fiio
DAPs. Later on I will e-mail a dev version for you to test.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

I did not expect THIS.... MANY THANKS

Aug 7, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #10,734 of 15,897
I HAVE SENDED YOUR IDEA-S TO NEUTRON, I HOPE THATS NOT A PROBLEM... I HAVE SAYD IDEA IS NOT FROM ME... :) HERE IS THE ANSWER FROM NEUTRON DEVS

Hi,

Best regards,
Dmitry.

If you do get test version please do let us know if it works.
Could be good news!

Aug 7, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #10,735 of 15,897
Was wondering if there were any apps that had the appearance of the stock native music players on the apple device? Used the touch without any issues and barely a glance at the manual, same with the sony's. Tried poweramp and neutron briefly and didn't like those much either. I would have just bought the 128 gig touch and been done with it but as it has a camera not allowed to use it at work due to security issues. Would have stuck with the sony as well (half the size, double the battery life but no bookmarking for audio).

Thanks

Aug 7, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #10,736 of 15,897

Hi,

Best regards,
Dmitry.

I am praying that it goes well.
If you have any questions from Neutron developers, please reply to me.
I will answer that as far as I can.
Even if you asking FiiO support, their answer is very late or it to be forgotten.
Actually, I sent a mail to FiiO support one month ago, but I have not heard back yet.

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #10,738 of 15,897
I am praying that it goes well.
If you have any questions from Neutron developers, please reply to me.
I will answer that as far as I can.
Even if you asking FiiO support, their answer is very late or it to be forgotten.
Actually, I sent a mail to FiiO support one month ago, but I have not heard back yet.

Dont have time right now, but it seems that i can see now more than 48000hz and to 192000hz it is working, 32 bit still dont work, dop over pcm dont work, folow freq of the sound is clamped to 176000hz... but i am impressed, hopefuly it can be a step forward... please try... you can put the logs here i will send them to neutron... thanks..

Hi,

Here is dev version with 24-bit extended encoding (10) added in
AudioTrack driver:
http://neutronmp.com/download/dev/NeutronMP_NEON_DEV_080817.apk

Would you please check how Neutron works on your device. This extended
encoding is only for AudioTrack API and thus Audio Hardware -> Generic
Driver option must be switched on. If it is not, please switch it on,
confirm changes and re-enter to Audio Hardware settings.

If Neutron detected encoding then:

1) Current format: Bits will show 32 or 64 (out: 24);
2) Frequency section (in the bottom of the list) will have more than
one frequency up to 384 kHz.

If that is available then all is ok.

You could switch on DSD over PCM (DoP) option and try playing some DFF
or DSF files as DoP. It is interesting whether it will work.

Also, this dev version supports logging of SFX core, so that if you
create NeutronMP folder in the root of internal storage (where you see
Android, Music, ...) and logs inside NeutronMP (you will get
/NeutronMP/logs) then Neutron will do logging (Neutron must be
restarted completely to start logging) and /NeutronMP/logs will
contain log files which would be interesting to check.

Best regards,

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #10,739 of 15,897
works for me ! i installed it and enabled the generic driver, now it works witout resamping. I haven't tried DSD yet.

EDIT : DOP doesn't work, the only way to play DSD is the PCM conversion at 176Khz. I suppose we deal with the limitations of a generic driver. The next step would be for Fiio to provide the DAC drivers to the Neutron devs.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #10,740 of 15,897
works for me ! i installed it and enabled the generic driver, now it works witout resamping. I haven't tried DSD yet.

EDIT :

DOP doesn't work, the only way to play DSD is the PCM conversion at 176Khz. I suppose we deal with the limitations of a generic driver. The next step would be for Fiio to provide the DAC drivers to the Neutron devs.

send your log please here...

Dsd - folow freq of the song does not work for me... folow freq works great on high res songs, or flacs... all freq to 192000hz are working for me... dop - i hear music playing very muted and a strange noise like old LP... higher freq then 192000 are not working for me...

latest reply from neutron----

Hi Joseph,

Thank you very much for testing!

> 64/out:8.24/

8.24 is ok! It means 24-bit format in 32-bit containers. It seems that custom 10 encoding works.

Do you see 192 - 384 kHz frequency range also, or only up to 192 kHz in Frequencies?

What about logs folder in NeutronMP? E.g. do you have /NeutronMP/logs created as well?

Best regards,
Dmitry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back