Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Aug 4, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #10,699 of 15,899
I only bought it this afternoon, but I know what to expect. It's only going to be used for the beach and trips away, because of its small size.

I will then decide which one will be my main DAP. Either the DX200 which I already have or the X7ii, which I should get Monday.

Aug 4, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #10,700 of 15,899
I only bought it this afternoon, but I know what to expect. It's only going to be used for the beach and trips away, because of its small size.

I will then decide which one will be my main DAP. Either the DX200 which I already have or the X7ii, which I should get Monday.

Please let us know how you end up liking the X5 3 this time around and some comparisons with the X7 2 would also be great. I am liking the features of the X7 2 so it might be the dap fro me as well as one day the X5 3.

Cheers

Riley

Aug 4, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #10,702 of 15,899

Exciting times for you ahead. Cant wait for your to the point observations. :)

Aug 5, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #10,703 of 15,899
1. With a quick view I did not find the old errors in the firmware X5-ota-eng-20170804. It is very good!

2. I also want to ask FiiO to correct the white skin.
Now title and time are not aligned
9LPfBaKwrsAZiaP-XfmBNX3TJk7uBt0bdn2I6pgibSEnXcf8BMOV1v_lYy_JsDRbBGBF2nxg8YhAJyEVxjMCtQ%3D%3D

I want so
9LPfBaKwrsAZiaP-XfmBNfV6NNdz_720Mea_AwJUvHVRy6bQ-7xZ79vwMuCUQSMVDs0U87bthg5BRFZqzj6Gtg%3D%3D

Or even so
9LPfBaKwrsAZiaP-XfmBNWt9-f7CuozZvEwypyBt6J7F6O9AimPQVN4j1Wm5fIFSIO7yZsIkVvho1i3OYtmRUQ%3D%3D

Or even so
9LPfBaKwrsAZiaP-XfmBNapSUfyePBQLejCKJ-tQAZB0v6rztypzas9i5E5fuQmF3i6dR4NCvwi9bWT4wzUOtg%3D%3D

3. And explain to me somebody, what does this icon mean in the status bar
9LPfBaKwrsAZiaP-XfmBNYG_80_pz9U9kvlh43MlT9teG5ntD96JlUy94BoiDjq8XJipf59dKT-eth1RA5JWwg%3D%3D

Dear friend,

Not sure why but we fail to read your pictures.
upload_2017-8-5_17-54-57.png

Maybe you can send email to support@fiio.net about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 5, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #10,705 of 15,899
+1
Please fix this if possible!
RocketPlayer still won't see the second card. The same goes for many other players I've been testing.
+2

I posted my troubles with the X5iii and 2nd SD card a few pages back. Just got the dap and it has been nothing but problems out of the box with 1.1.7 update. I had not realized this was a known issue with 3rd party apps, thought it was just me doing something wrong. I've tried Rocket Player, Neutron, UAPP, and n7 Player so far.

Aug 5, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #10,706 of 15,899
They mentioned that they had to do some software tricks to allow the second SD slot to be used. But it is seen by the operating system so it would seem that any app should be able to see it.
Has anyone contacted the developer of the various apps to ask if they can do something? This is a combination of things. One is how Fiio implemented access, but just as much about what the 3rd party apps are doing to look for storage. It could probably be fixed from either direction. As this has been a problem for awhile now, either Fiio is having problems fixing it or it is not a priority for them. They are obviously busy fixing other things and likely getting the X7 II working properly as well. The app developer may have more time to devote to it and may be able to fix it more quickly.

Aug 5, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #10,707 of 15,899
did any one succeed in playing files without downsampling using neutron and using mojo with fiio x5iii coax, as i am always seeing red light on mojo no matter what bit rates i play using neutron

also using default player in fiio x5iii coax to mojo why does channel balance not work?

Aug 5, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #10,708 of 15,899
After a Factory Data Reset and an Erase/Reformat of the two SD cards I've made some headway in using this cute but buggy dap. After the aforementioned steps I connected the X5 to a W10 computer and after some fiddling with turning on the USB Connection within the DAP and allowing Windows to access the player I was able to transfer music files over. Once copied some albums to each SD card I disconnected the dap and opened the FiiO Music app. I told it where to look for the files and within a second or two it successfully loaded all albums from both cards, 105 tracks. Yay!

Then I went onto the Play store and reinstalled some 3rd party player apps to test out.

Neutron: works and can detect both cards and all files.
USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP): can detect both cards and all files.
Rocket Player (Premium): can only detect the SD1 card (as previously discussed)
HiBy Music: can detect both cards and files.
Pocket Casts: only sees SD1 card (but I can manually input download storage location to SD2 in app settings)

I can try other apps when I get around to it. The above ones are the primary player apps I like to use on a regular basis. I'm hoping with the X5iii I'll be happy with perhaps just the stock FiiO Music app. So now my next test is finally a listening session!

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #10,709 of 15,899
Thanks for posting that. I will have to try UAPP on my F5(3) as I don't like how random works with the Fiio app.

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #10,710 of 15,899
Foorbar is also a robust option for the X5 III

Users who are viewing this thread

Back