Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Aug 4, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #10,667 of 15,897
it seems it has a lot of microphonic noise. Does it is your case? I am looking for a good balanced cable but if the Fiio works well I have no reason to ruin me.

These are the new balanced cables from Fiio with next to no micro-phonics. I did wait on getting the earlier one as people complained about its micro-phonics. I took a chance with these and i am really happy with the quality.

Aug 4, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #10,668 of 15,897
These are the new balanced cables from Fiio with next to no micro-phonics. I did wait on getting the earlier one as people complained about its micro-phonics. I took a chance with these and i am really happy with the quality.
I suppose you are talking about the last RC-MMCX-B. In my case I should use the RC-78B so I am looking for a review on this cable not done by cable-maniacs to take off some veil and take a decision...otherwise I am thinking to go for Forzaaudio or Impactcable or... a DIY with oyaide-L 2.5mm, copper cable (really hard to find a good price and to be sure about what they sell) and a couple of 2pin L shaped .....Collecting information forum by forum at the moment.

Aug 4, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #10,670 of 15,897
I just ordered the RC-78B from Penon. Should arrive next week. I'm only interested in the aesthetics. I know it won't sound any different :)

Aug 4, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #10,671 of 15,897
Please try this new beta firmware(OTA) for X5 3rd gen if the Resume function/themes/gapless can not work: click here

Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards
From what I checked around, the beta version solves one issue to bring with him another two.....so please ask your engineers to test it. I will be really glad to have a full working FW 1.1.8.

Aug 4, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #10,675 of 15,897
I just ordered the RC-78B
I wait to receive your impression for the balanced listening

I got RC-SE1B last month, which is a MMCX balanced cable. It's microfonic as hell, but the SQ improvement was really great. Before I went balanced I thought the SQ with XBA-300 was alright, nothing fancy, not better than my previous PHA-1a, but balanced changed the whole thing for the better. To avoid microfoics I have to clip both cable ends to my clothes.

Aug 4, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #10,676 of 15,897
1. With a quick view I did not find the old errors in the firmware X5-ota-eng-20170804. It is very good!

2. I also want to ask FiiO to correct the white skin.
Now title and time are not aligned
9LPfBaKwrsAZiaP-XfmBNX3TJk7uBt0bdn2I6pgibSEnXcf8BMOV1v_lYy_JsDRbBGBF2nxg8YhAJyEVxjMCtQ%3D%3D

I want so
9LPfBaKwrsAZiaP-XfmBNfV6NNdz_720Mea_AwJUvHVRy6bQ-7xZ79vwMuCUQSMVDs0U87bthg5BRFZqzj6Gtg%3D%3D

Or even so
9LPfBaKwrsAZiaP-XfmBNWt9-f7CuozZvEwypyBt6J7F6O9AimPQVN4j1Wm5fIFSIO7yZsIkVvho1i3OYtmRUQ%3D%3D

Or even so
9LPfBaKwrsAZiaP-XfmBNapSUfyePBQLejCKJ-tQAZB0v6rztypzas9i5E5fuQmF3i6dR4NCvwi9bWT4wzUOtg%3D%3D

3. And explain to me somebody, what does this icon mean in the status bar
9LPfBaKwrsAZiaP-XfmBNYG_80_pz9U9kvlh43MlT9teG5ntD96JlUy94BoiDjq8XJipf59dKT-eth1RA5JWwg%3D%3D

Aug 4, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #10,678 of 15,897
3. And explain to me somebody, what does this icon mean in the status bar
9LPfBaKwrsAZiaP-XfmBNYG_80_pz9U9kvlh43MlT9teG5ntD96JlUy94BoiDjq8XJipf59dKT-eth1RA5JWwg%3D%3D

Thats the icon you get when you connect balanced.

Aug 4, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #10,679 of 15,897
@FiiO is there an update regarding when Google Music will be fixed? Now my humble feedback on the new FW, which, to be honest, I'm not happy about as it didn't fix the issues I came across, and something became even worse, and what was fixed never popped up with me. I already mentioned Google Music not being able to download music due to "not enough space" error, next thing is Fiio Music still can't read many CUE files whereas Neutron can, and after the update it stopped seeing even more files.

Also I'm failing to understand how to go from the player's main window (one with album art) to the album I'm currently listening? Only way I see it can be done now is returning all the way to the artist list, then selecting your current artist and then the current album. Which is so inconvenient. I'm confused about it because it's supposed to be such a basic thing in any player. am I just missing something?

I actually don't use Fiio Music because I find it less convenient than other players (Neutron) due to the above issues and the lack of LastFm scrobbling. Can scrobbling be implemented, what do your engineers say about that?

Oh and one more thing, sorry everybody if it's been already brought up before, but can I use the DAP as an amp with a phone via OTG? I actually tried it once and failed, but perhaps, again, I missed some setting?

Apart from that love the DAP and love the balanced SQ. Thanks.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #10,680 of 15,897
From what I checked around, the beta version solves one issue to bring with him another two.....so please ask your engineers to test it. I will be really glad to have a full working FW 1.1.8.
I got RC-SE1B last month, which is a MMCX balanced cable. It's microfonic as hell, but the SQ improvement was really great. Before I went balanced I thought the SQ with XBA-300 was alright, nothing fancy, not better than my previous PHA-1a, but balanced changed the whole thing for the better. To avoid microfoics I have to clip both cable ends to my clothes.
have you tried to sleeve it in some way. Thanks for your comment. I really think that i need to move on balanced...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back