Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 20, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #9,916 of 15,897
My x5 iii is pretty buggy. I've selected to store my Spotify songs in external mmc but when I restarted it, its back to internal storage again. When i've updated the app, my offline playlist will be gone as well. Hope fiio could fix this issue... In future, hope that fiio will come out with more stable unit.

I want to get this right... Spotify is an independent app?! The app has issues only on X5 III?! I don't understand when the app and the code behind it are the culprit, why do people not try and get in touch with spotify directly? I have see app modified, or code added based on the hardware/OS combination not the other way round! Please correct me if i am wrong i would really like to understand this.

It is not FiiO's fault for Spotify, and even if FiiO wanted to help, they don't have access to the source code for spotify.

It would be like a computer designer - like Dell - being held responsible for how Foobar or VLC works on it.

The best thing we can do is hope that developers consider X5-3 more and get serious about developing proper apps for it since X5-3 is one of the best selling DAPs right now. It is quite possible that many other DAPs would work much better as well since there are some similarities in the FW - for example X7 and other DAPs based on the same Rockchip CPU

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #9,919 of 15,897
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find a was to search within a specific thread, rather than all threads.

Anyway, how do you pay for the full version of Viper Effects? I just get a box saying something about swiping it, even when using PayPal.

Is there another app that does a similar job others are using?

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #9,920 of 15,897
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find a was to search within a specific thread, rather than all threads.

Anyway, how do you pay for the full version of Viper Effects? I just get a box saying something about swiping it, even when using PayPal.

Is there another app that does a similar job others are using?
Good question. Also have you tried the Onkyo player on the X5III ?

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #9,925 of 15,897
@Darren Cotter Completely off topic, but Fingerbobs!!!! Takes me all the way back! Did you see that Brian Cant has passed? Quite sad, a wonderful entertainer for many years.

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #9,927 of 15,897
Yeh, Chigley, Camberwick Green and Trumpton. Classics. My favourite has got to be Bagpuss though. Well, anything from Smallfilms really. I could listen to Oliver Postgate's voice all day.

Yes, that old soggy cloth cat, baggy and a bit loose at the seams is my favourite as well. We were pretty lucky to be kids in the UK at that time, to be honest. Plus all the other stuff that was around - the old Buster Crabbe Flash Gordons and Harold Lloyd shorts, The Great Egg Race and Adventure Game. And Monkey!! We were truly blessed!

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #9,928 of 15,897
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find a was to search within a specific thread, rather than all threads...

Click in the 'Search' box in the upper right corner of the screen. Unfortunately, this box only appears when scrolled to the top of the page:
HeadFiSearch4.jpg

Once you click there, a drop down appears:

HeadFiSearch2.jpg

Click the 'Search this thread only' box, and ... ta da!

Cheers!

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #9,929 of 15,897
Next firmware request...

1. In folder view, is it possible to sort albums by "modified" date or created date?
2. Also in folder view, it would be nice if that once you choose a folder-then select a file, and then back back out into the main folder list... that the main folder structure remembers the last album you accessed, instead of going all the way back to the top of the folder list.
3. I now understand the always disappearing 2nd as card , as function of the processor limitation but is there a way to speed up the ability for the card scan/re-appear? It's slows down the device quite a bit imo.
4. Can we please have the option to change the stock launcher, or at bare minimum tweak the stock launcher app to a) allow icon packs, and b) add multiple home screens, such that I can have one screen with the fiio music app widget, a screen with a tidal widget, a screen with my podcast widget etc.
5.Also give the option to decrease the font size in the fiio app, for long folder names OR allow scrolling folder/album titles instead of the truncated label method used now.
6) and PLEASE speed up the blue power button, half the time I have to push it twice just to get the screen on, it's annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back