Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 20, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #9,931 of 15,897
Next firmware request...

1. In folder view, is it possible to sort albums by "modified" date or created date?
2. Also in folder view, it would be nice if that once you choose a folder-then select a file, and then back back out into the main folder list... that the main folder structure remembers the last album you accessed, instead of going all the way back to the top of the folder list.
3. I now understand the always disappearing 2nd as card , as function of the processor limitation but is there a way to speed up the ability for the card scan/re-appear? It's slows down the device quite a bit imo.
4. Can we please have the option to change the stock launcher, or at bare minimum tweak the stock launcher app to a) allow icon packs, and b) add multiple home screens, such that I can have one screen with the fiio music app widget, a screen with a tidal widget, a screen with my podcast widget etc.
5.Also give the option to decrease the font size in the fiio app, for long folder names OR allow scrolling folder/album titles instead of the truncated label method used now.
6) and PLEASE speed up the blue power button, half the time I have to push it twice just to get the screen on, it's annoying.

I agree with many of these and would also ask if we could manually drag titles up and down a playlist, so we can define the order.
But I wanted to tell you @newtophones07 that you can already have multiple home screens. If you have more than one icon on a screen, you can drag it to the right and create new screens. If you are placing widgets you can do the same, or you can place it to the right immediately, from just after you've long pressed it from the widget list. Hope that makes sense.

#2 would make a big difference - when you go up one level from a folder, that 'last accessed' folder should be in the middle of the screen. Currently we start at the top of the list of folders again.

Also, it might help to put @FiiO at the top of a feature-request post, to make sure they are alerted :)

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #9,932 of 15,897
Hi Fiio, are you thinking about something to speed up transfer rate Fiio <--> Desktop? I'm happy with X5, some occasional bug is not a tragedy for me. But 4 mb/s is really a little transfer rate: three hours to copy 5000 flacs..... Is there some system reason for this behaviour, or I can hope for some good news in the feature?

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #9,933 of 15,897
Hi Fiio, are you thinking about something to speed up transfer rate Fiio <--> Desktop? I'm happy with X5, some occasional bug is not a tragedy for me. But 4 mb/s is really a little transfer rate: three hours to copy 5000 flacs..... Is there some system reason for this behaviour, or I can hope for some good news in the feature?

Most mSD to SD adapters come for free with mSD cards and offer much better transfer rates, it might be simpler to just use one when organizing your music collection for now

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #9,935 of 15,897
Just curious.. Why?
Hoping for better transfer rates? I will be interested in what improvements if any that you see. I have tried several options, including highly rated readers plugged in with quality USB3 cables directly to my X79 mobo. Transfer rates to micro SD cards always suck.(for me anyway). So I am very interested in your results,

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #9,936 of 15,897
Just curious.. Why?
Hoping for better transfer rates? I will be interested in what improvements if any that you see. I have tried several options, including highly rated readers plugged in with quality USB3 cables directly to my X79 mobo. Transfer rates to micro SD cards always suck.(for me anyway). So I am very interested in your results,

I get very good transfer rates using a SD adapter and the SD port on my laptop

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #9,939 of 15,897
I usually get around 13 mbps on mSD 2 and 11 mbps on mSD 1.. those are my best results. The adaptors i have used give me about 30 mbps. Since i have a lot of time to waste and also a pinch of patience i prefer to let the mSDs in the X5. I am reorganising my library and folder structure completely and shudder to think how lovely its going to be transferring 240 gigs of music :)

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #9,940 of 15,897
Jun 20, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #9,941 of 15,897
Hi all,

I've been playing around with cover art in the X5 - ensuring that every album has cover art which is picked up by the player.

I've had the most success with an app called Cover Art Grabber (here:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.itagcover ) which doesn't have a lovely interface but works the best out of the ones that I tried. However, in many instances although the app believes it has downloaded the relevant artwork, it is not picked up by the X5 (in most cases, it works fine)

Also, of the others I tried, most were unable to write to the second SD card. They tried, and they tried to guide me through the necessary operations to make it happen but it seemed that the second card wasn't being made available (even as an option for permission) although the app was clearly able to read it, since it had found the albums on there.

Wondering if anyone has had 100% success with a similar app on the X5 and if so, could you let us all know?
Maybe the answer is software for the computer which will automatically detect missing album art and download it. Then I can just disengage the SD card from the X5 and pop it into the computer. Anyone found something that works well in this scenario?

I'm thinking there's no workaround for the second SD card issue - if that's the case, I can live with it. As I've said before, most players in this price range only offer one card slot and that is a deal breaker for me, so I'll deal with any hardships in order to have that second burst of storage space!

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #9,942 of 15,897
Hi all,

I've been playing around with cover art in the X5 - ensuring that every album has cover art which is picked up by the player.

I've had the most success with an app called Cover Art Grabber (here:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.itagcover ) which doesn't have a lovely interface but works the best out of the ones that I tried. However, in many instances although the app believes it has downloaded the relevant artwork, it is not picked up by the X5 (in most cases, it works fine)

Also, of the others I tried, most were unable to write to the second SD card. They tried, and they tried to guide me through the necessary operations to make it happen but it seemed that the second card wasn't being made available (even as an option for permission) although the app was clearly able to read it, since it had found the albums on there.

Wondering if anyone has had 100% success with a similar app on the X5 and if so, could you let us all know?
Maybe the answer is software for the computer which will automatically detect missing album art and download it. Then I can just disengage the SD card from the X5 and pop it into the computer. Anyone found something that works well in this scenario?

I'm thinking there's no workaround for the second SD card issue - if that's the case, I can live with it. As I've said before, most players in this price range only offer one card slot and that is a deal breaker for me, so I'll deal with any hardships in order to have that second burst of storage space!
For me, I do it hard way to ensure it works 100%. I use Xrecode to manually apply album art, or even iTunes works on manually pasting in artwork. But you have to do it manually.
I usually use albumartexchange or google for large images.
But it can take forever understandablely.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #9,943 of 15,897
I agree with many of these and would also ask if we could manually drag titles up and down a playlist, so we can define the order.
But I wanted to tell you @newtophones07 that you can already have multiple home screens. If you have more than one icon on a screen, you can drag it to the right and create new screens. If you are placing widgets you can do the same, or you can place it to the right immediately, from just after you've long pressed it from the widget list. Hope that makes sense.

#2 would make a big difference - when you go up one level from a folder, that 'last accessed' folder should be in the middle of the screen. Currently we start at the top of the list of folders again.

Also, it might help to put @FiiO at the top of a feature-request post, to make sure they are alerted :)

dude you are awesome I could not figure that out for the life of me :lol:, its always the small things I guess duh. THANKS

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #9,944 of 15,897
Jun 21, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #9,945 of 15,897
While I've got five minutes, just want to say how much I am absolutely loving the X5III. I'm sure there are better DAPs and DACs available for more money, but at this price I am really just delighted with the sound and the usability. I really like the lock screen (with the album art) and I love that while you're looking through your files, there's a control bar on the bottom to still allow you to change tracks, play and pause and which shows you your progress in the track with the green ring around the pause button. Really really appreciate that.

Love the ease of the playlists (even if we can't really control the order of them) - even though I don't use them all the time, to have a list of reference tracks ready to go when someone introduces their new 'phones is really nice. Also it's super easy to hand the player to them and have them use it. Couldn't be much easier actually.

Just overall really glad I upgraded from the first gen (and encouraged a friend to get one and got one for my missus!) Quality audio is such a....I don't know, life enhancer? Unmitigated joy? Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back