Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 19, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #9,901 of 15,897
Are you using coaxial or USB?

If using coaxial, do you have a TRRS cable with the appropriate wiring (ie., signal on the Sleeve and the ground on Ring2)? Do you have the combined line-out / coaxial setting set to coaxial? Are you plugging the TRRS (four pole) end in to the X5 III and the TRS (three pole) end to the Mojo's coaxial input?

I know they're simple questions but that's all there is to it.
Thanks
I shall check all of this when I get home from work. Its been frustrating as I have had the chord mojo working magicly with my sony phone (although I need to find a way of attaching the mojo to the phone to make carrying it around easier!)

Jun 19, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #9,902 of 15,897
Thanks
I shall check all of this when I get home from work. Its been frustrating as I have had the chord mojo working magicly with my sony phone (although I need to find a way of attaching the mojo to the phone to make carrying it around easier!)

Are you still doing this?

Fiio L21 3.5mm to rca Coaxial digital adapter cable cable to the cable that came with the x5

You probably missed my reply where I recommended the Penon cable, or pointed you at adding something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Phono-Socket-3-5mm-Adapter/dp/B004HSQJHY

to the L21 (since I managed to lose the quote when I posted - still getting used to the new forum). So, the TRRS end of the L21 into the Fiio, and the other end, with the adapter, into the Mojo. But I still like the Penon cable:

http://penonaudio.com/Coaxial-Decoding-cable-for-Chord-Mojo-with-DAP

Jun 19, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #9,903 of 15,897
Could somebody let me know how to get a chord mojo to work with my fiio x5 iii. I have bought various cables that are supposed to work with no luck. I must be doing something wrong!

If you still need a cable, PM Me... I have one that I'll sell to you cheap (just pay for the parts).
18921155_629099883954455_4869510949928392804_o.jpg
I've sold off my Mojo and do not intend to pick up another.

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #9,904 of 15,897
Ah thanks but it appears that I have all the correct cables. I have set fiio to coaxial, is there anything else I'm supposed to do on the fiio?

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #9,905 of 15,897
Also has anybody bought the tuff luv case for this dap and amp?

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #9,906 of 15,897
Don't! The A5 amp has to be put in the wrong way up (Volume at the top), meaning the interconnect cable will have to go from the bottom of the X5 to the top of the A5.

Apparently, Tuff Luv is now aware of this glaring error and are in the process of manufacturing new cases.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #9,908 of 15,897
Jun 19, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #9,909 of 15,897
I was wondering if it was just my case! I shall contact them now.

Jun 19, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #9,911 of 15,897
My x5 iii is pretty buggy. I've selected to store my Spotify songs in external mmc but when I restarted it, its back to internal storage again. When i've updated the app, my offline playlist will be gone as well. Hope fiio could fix this issue... In future, hope that fiio will come out with more stable unit.

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #9,912 of 15,897
I want to get this right... Spotify is an independent app?! The app has issues only on X5 III?! I don't understand when the app and the code behind it are the culprit, why do people not try and get in touch with spotify directly? I have see app modified, or code added based on the hardware/OS combination not the other way round! Please correct me if i am wrong i would really like to understand this.

Jun 19, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #9,913 of 15,897
I want to get this right... Spotify is an independent app?! The app has issues only on X5 III?! I don't understand when the app and the code behind it are the culprit, why do people not try and get in touch with spotify directly? I have see app modified, or code added based on the hardware/OS combination not the other way round! Please correct me if i am wrong i would really like to understand this.

Exactly, Porsche doesn't go back to their Engineers to alter the car...because Pirelli tires can't handle the G forces... Porsche shops for better tires or has Pirelli make improvements.

Jun 20, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #9,914 of 15,897
Exactly, Porsche doesn't go back to their Engineers to alter the car...because Pirelli tires can't handle the G forces... Porsche shops for better tires or has Pirelli make improvements.
Yeah I think Fiio engineer can only do so much within the confine of the devices firmware. To touch another developers app and modify it might not be a good idea. Best to ask devs of spotify and come up with a solution there.

Jun 20, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #9,915 of 15,897
Besides, these general accusations are not fair.

There are lots of people having issues with offline music on different devices and it's discussed since months in several Spotify communities.
Come here with statements like "Hope fiio could fix this issue... In future, hope that fiio will come out with more stable unit." is really inappropriate ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back