Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 1, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #8,386 of 15,897
I think it is Onkyo app in the Fiio market. I compare the Onkyo app to Fiio's own music app, and found the former much engaging.

Don't know the terminology but may be the Onkyo app's high is tuned in a way to my liking. But I also found the UI of Onkyo's not very user-friendly. Maybe it is a free version but the app itself could not display most of the album artwork. I also needed quite some time to figure out where to locate the music folders. It really puts me off and prevents me to buy the full-functions app.

i use onkyo app as the main player, I like how the eq implementation works compared to stock music app eq, yes it sucks that onkyo does not allow folder view but i like its sound and I have tolerate that shortcoming

One think that I really wish Fiio would do is implement a parametric eq, instead of the their current eq. Still both onkyo and stock players sound good, but I prefer onkyo for now

another short coming to some might be the down sampling although to me its not a big deal as I really do not hear a difference, but for some that is very important

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #8,388 of 15,897
Has anyone else tried to "listen" to the Balanced out of the X5iii while attempting to Charge? I get a loud buzzing, so I have to unplug the power. It doesn't happen when using the SE out or the Line-out.

May 1, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #8,389 of 15,897
Has anyone else tried to "listen" to the Balanced out of the X5iii while attempting to Charge? I get a loud buzzing, so I have to unplug the power. It doesn't happen when using the SE out or the Line-out.

I hope Fiio are keeping a record of each of these issues & somehow prioritising them so that nothing gets missed out of future FW releases. It would be nice if every accepted bug report was given a Support Ticket # so that everybody could be certain that their issue was either 'rejected' (could not be replicated or just a user preference) or listed for a future fix. I can imagine Fiio would not want such a list to be public, but at least each owner could have their Support Ticket # to track. Otherwise, every owner has to keep a note of their own issues and check if each FW release fixes any of them.

May 1, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #8,390 of 15,897
I hope Fiio are keeping a record of each of these issues & somehow prioritising them so that nothing gets missed out of future FW releases. It would be nice if every accepted bug report was given a Support Ticket # so that everybody could be certain that their issue was either 'rejected' (could not be replicated or just a user preference) or listed for a future fix. I can imagine Fiio would not want such a list to be public, but at least each owner could have their Support Ticket # to track. Otherwise, every owner has to keep a note of their own issues and check if each FW release fixes any of them.

Dang It! I doubt mine will be addressed. I'm using it outside of Fiio Scope (using the 2.5mm TRRS out to 3 pin Balanced into Jotunheim). I get a Buzz there. If I use normal balanced headphones, no buzz... so, probably just being an antenna. So, no worries.

May 1, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #8,391 of 15,897

I suggested similar things to them, in addition to my ill fated list on this thread. They are all over the place in taking information from the end user. They should direct all support items to one central "bug/feature" central and deal with it that way.

May 1, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #8,392 of 15,897
I suggested similar things to them, in addition to my ill fated list on this thread. They are all over the place in taking information from the end user. They should direct all support items to one central "bug/feature" central and deal with it that way.

In fairness if you email their support account, you get a ticket number and they can track the issue and provide updates. It is unusual that a company would support receiving requests through a third-party forum (which they appear to). I agree that it would be nice for them to publish a central list of issues, but if you want a support ticket you can always just email them! :wink:

May 1, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #8,393 of 15,897
In fairness if you email their support account, you get a ticket number and they can track the issue and provide updates. It is unusual that a company would support receiving requests through a third-party forum (which they appear to). I agree that it would be nice for them to publish a central list of issues, but if you want a support ticket you can always just email them! :wink:

I went that route when I first got the X5iii , they dropped the ball after a few contacts. I gave up. I found my answers on this thread instead with other people having similar issues and the resolution to them.

May 1, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #8,394 of 15,897
I went that route when I first got the X5iii , they dropped the ball after a few contacts. I gave up. I found my answers on this thread instead with other people having similar issues and the resolution to them.

That is odd. I have always had a response from them (and I have made a lot of tickets) even if it takes a few days.

May 1, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #8,395 of 15,897
alright, so ive spent the last day trying to find a way to accomplish this, but i have 200 gigs for my library on mediamonkey that i want to sync to my x5 over two 128 gb sd cards. when i tried it initially, mediamonkey read the device and two sd cards separately, and only synced the actual player. anyone know where i can find help with this?

May 1, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #8,396 of 15,897
Dang It! I doubt mine will be addressed. I'm using it outside of Fiio Scope (using the 2.5mm TRRS out to 3 pin Balanced into Jotunheim). I get a Buzz there. If I use normal balanced headphones, no buzz... so, probably just being an antenna. So, no worries.

Could the buzz possibly be because of a grounding issue with the 2.5mm +-L and +-R going in to a 3 pin cable that is expecting a ground as well? I get absolutely no buzz when using a 2.5mm TRRS cable while charging. As far as I know in order to connect 2.5mm to 3pin XLR input you need a ground reference like in the Astell & Kern adapter they have their players. <- Click for link

May 1, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #8,397 of 15,897
Could the buzz possibly be because of a grounding issue with the 2.5mm +-L and +-R going in to a 3 pin cable that is expecting a ground as well? I get absolutely no buzz when using a 2.5mm TRRS cable while charging. As far as I know in order to connect 2.5mm to 3pin XLR input you need a ground reference like in the Astell & Kern adapter they have their players. <- Click for link

Good point. I will have to try this. The M1S also has dual plugs for this. I'll go back to my wiring diagrams and try again. I don't get it when using headphones... so that must be the issue.

May 1, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #8,398 of 15,897
alright, so ive spent the last day trying to find a way to accomplish this, but i have 200 gigs for my library on mediamonkey that i want to sync to my x5 over two 128 gb sd cards. when i tried it initially, mediamonkey read the device and two sd cards separately, and only synced the actual player. anyone know where i can find help with this?

Not sure what you mean by "synced the actual player"?

The way I do MM sync is using playlists. One for each card ( X5 Card 1, X5 Card 2). I simply right click on an album or directory and send it to one of the playlists. Then I check off only the box for the playlist in sync set up telling it to go to whichever drive/sd card I want.

May 1, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #8,399 of 15,897
At the beach, still loving this device!
1457989.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back