Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 2, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #8,416 of 15,899
Hi Fiio,
I disable the Play/Pause button when the screen is off to prevent accidental pressing of the button while I put the player in my bag. However, I experience that while the player is in screen off mode, the player can still be played if the Next or Previous button is being pressed.

In my opinion, this should not be the case. Can you help to fix it in the FW, such that the player can only beplayed using the Play/Pause button and not by pressing the Next or Previous button.

Thanks

May 2, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #8,418 of 15,899
Hi Fiio,
I disable the Play/Pause button when the screen is off to prevent accidental pressing of the button while I put the player in my bag. However, I experience that while the player is in screen off mode, the player can still be played if the Next or Previous button is being pressed.

In my opinion, this should not be the case. Can you help to fix it in the FW, such that the player can only beplayed using the Play/Pause button and not by pressing the Next or Previous button.

Thanks
I have the Next or Previous button disabled and it works fine.

May 2, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #8,419 of 15,899
Hi Fiio,

Thanks
I think all the X5 versions (and probably the other Fiio DAPS) have considered Next/Previous as being "Play Next/Preivous" rather then "Move Next/Previous" track. I disabled all but volume when in my bag, maybe Fiio could add an option to make them move/play so people can choose a preferance.

What I'd like to see is another power option, to power off if no control/remote pressed for X mins (e.g. 30/60/90 mins). So it can catch when left playing after taking headphones off or play bumped in a bag/jacket. I've had it accidently left playing overnight and with the limited battery life is dead in morning. :)

May 2, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #8,420 of 15,899
On the statement of the Power Button... they should do something about it taking 6+ seconds of pushing the power button to get it to turn on. I mean, c'mon. It is hard enough to press the button in the cases they provide.

May 2, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #8,422 of 15,899
On the statement of the Power Button... they should do something about it taking 6+ seconds of pushing the power button to get it to turn on. I mean, c'mon. It is hard enough to press the button in the cases they provide.

I hate this. the pushing and the waiting to see if that blue light comes on. Slightly annoying. That and waking up the x5. wish they had another button for this. maybe firmware update.

May 2, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #8,423 of 15,899
The power button generally I find to be the most daily annoying part of the X5iii, the position, the delay, the light, the feedback in case. After weeks I'm still not used to its quirks. :disappointed:

May 2, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #8,424 of 15,899
You don't need to press until the blue light comes up.
Press it for 3 seconds and wait ... Blue light comes up a few seconds later ...

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #8,425 of 15,899
Ahhh, look at that. I must have "super slow start up speed" enabled.

May 2, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #8,426 of 15,899

I agree, I originally had issues with this as it takes longer to respond than all of my other Android devices. Originally I thought it was faulty, then I blamed the case until I removed it.

I was pressing it multiple times at varying lengths to get it to respond, now it is just one of the quirks that I have learned to live with, a little patience is needed with this Fiio.

I wonder if this is due to their Android modifications or due to the inferior CPU they use compared to the mainstream Snapdragons.

May 2, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #8,427 of 15,899
I agree, I originally had issues with this as it takes longer to respond than all of my other Android devices. Originally I thought it was faulty, then I blamed the case until I removed it.

I was pressing it multiple times at varying lengths to get it to respond, now it is just one of the quirks that I have learned to live with, a little patience is needed with this Fiio.

I wonder if this is due to their Android modifications or due to the inferior CPU they use compared to the mainstream Snapdragons.

Does the X7 respond faster? I've been tossing around the idea of returning the X5iii for the X7 and AM3.

May 2, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #8,428 of 15,899
@FiiO what about an option to not allow any playback unless an output is connected?

I've had my x5iii die because something hit the play button and I didn't realize. Normally I like having the play button active so I don't want to just turn the button off altogether.

May 2, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #8,429 of 15,899
@FiiO what about an option to not allow any playback unless an output is connected?

I've had my x5iii die because something hit the play button and I didn't realize. Normally I like having the play button active so I don't want to just turn the button off altogether.

That's a great idea. Since there are no built-in speakers, this would make a lot of sense. I've also had it playing accidentally and die as a result.

May 2, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #8,430 of 15,899
Re X7 + AM3 vs X5-3: They sound different, considerably so. Go with the one you prefer as an overall device. X7 has modules, but you will probably only use AM03 or AM05, maybe AM02 in some situations. The physical build is amazing on both DAPs, and FW is similar so they should share advantages and developments. X7 will sound more energetic, might feel more vivid in the higher registers, and has the option of changing the AMP module while X5-3 has a smooth and fun sound to it. Both are great devices, pick the one that feels best as an overall experience to you.

I couldn't compare them head-to-head for enough time to sat with full certainty, but I have been pleasurably surprised by both and I do consider both to be great DAPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back