Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 17, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #7,711 of 15,899
We really need the Android experts to get into a custom ROM, some of the things that I suggest:

1) Battery Management, deep sleep, etc, etc.
2) Custom EQs with renaming.
3) Custom launcher, without getting rid of the Pure Music.
4) Clean up of the firmware, option to not install Google services.
5) undervolt.
6) Option to use a different player in the Pure Music mode.

I do not know how to do this, but I am tech savvy, I will help
If necessary.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/842635/fiio-x5iii-firmware-modification-project-purist-remixed-with-1-0-9-kernel

Not sure if that is the sort of thing that you are on about.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #7,712 of 15,899
  Foobar 2000 assistance!!!  I'm toying with a few 3rd party players.  Does FB-2000 have a "play through folders" option?  so far, all I can do is play a single album, then it stops.

Haven't seen a "play through folders" option, but "shuffle all albums" is very handy. Generates a cool list with all album art included.
Also when playing a track there's an option to show all albums in that genre (press the 3 dots in the lower right corner).
It gives an option to shuffle all these albums then. The tracks of the albums won't be shuffled.
It would be my perfect app, but you can't edit tags in foobar, as far as I know.

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #7,714 of 15,899
So, I finally got around to trying to use the X5iii as a DAC and was playing with some items in Audacity... then realized. Every track had a 4 second silence before the music actually started. I seriously hope this is being addressed in the next firmware update.

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #7,715 of 15,899
So, I finally got around to trying to use the X5iii as a DAC and was playing with some items in Audacity... then realized. Every track had a 4 second silence before the music actually started. I seriously hope this is being addressed in the next firmware update.

I have never faced similar issues and I have used it as DAC on a number of occasions. However i have not on fw 1.1.4

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #7,717 of 15,899

Haven't seen a "play through folders" option, but "shuffle all albums" is very handy. Generates a cool list with all album art included.
Also when playing a track there's an option to show all albums in that genre (press the 3 dots in the lower right corner).
It gives an option to shuffle all these albums then. The tracks of the albums won't be shuffled.
It would be my perfect app, but you can't edit tags in foobar, as far as I know.

Thanks, I was not aware of that feature!

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #7,718 of 15,899
Apr 17, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #7,719 of 15,899
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/842635/fiio-x5iii-firmware-modification-project-purist-remixed-with-1-0-9-kernel

Not sure if that is the sort of thing that you are on about.

Yes, I have been in the thread, I have installed the mod and even root the X5iii, however it has done nothing to improve the experience. Do not get me wrong, I think FIIO has done a great job with the device, but I think the Android experience of other people can take better advantage of the great hardware that the X5iii has... right now the official firmware is buggy (again, I am not complaining). I have experienced the custom ROMs in Android, and you cannot imagine the stuff that the community can put together to take advantage of great hardware.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #7,720 of 15,899
well i installed twrp and rooted it per instructions, then i flashed arise sound mod, and tried all possible ways to make it work but no success what so ever, so do not waste your time trying as I spent 4 hours trying different things but it won't work

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #7,724 of 15,899
  i did not try it on X5-3. It is working package that I used for my Onkyo DP-X1 (with busybox though)

u mean it has busybox so no need ot install busybox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back