Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 17, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #7,726 of 15,897
Apr 17, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #7,728 of 15,897
  I using v4a on my DP-X1 in normal mode.
I have not tried to install it on X5 yet.

unfortunately it does not work in normal or compatible mod tried it now

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #7,729 of 15,897
  So, I finally got around to trying to use the X5iii as a DAC and was playing with some items in Audacity... then realized. Every track had a 4 second silence before the music actually started. I seriously hope this is being addressed in the next firmware update.

I'm not experiencing this, and never have.  I haven't tried listening from Audacity -- using FooBar.

I had been using 1.1.4 with no problem as USB DAC, then switched to WindowsX's ROM -- still no silence, still using FooBar.

I'll give Audacity a shot tonight and see if it's app-specific.

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #7,730 of 15,897

I'm not experiencing this, and never have.  I haven't tried listening from Audacity -- using FooBar.

I had been using 1.1.4 with no problem as USB DAC, then switched to WindowsX's ROM -- still no silence, still using FooBar.

I'll give Audacity a shot tonight and see if it's app-specific.

Don't worry about it. Thanks for testing though. I realized it is because I have 4 drivers loaded for DACs on my Win10 Tablet, and it was what I was doing. I restarted and it is working fine now.

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #7,731 of 15,897
  Don't worry about it. Thanks for testing though. I realized it is because I have 4 drivers loaded for DACs on my Win10 Tablet, and it was what I was doing. I restarted and it is working fine now.

Glad to hear it was resolved.  BTW, you have me beat by one driver, (FiiO, UltraFi, Cowon P2) 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #7,732 of 15,897
@Hawaiibadboy It's okay. I'm sorry too if my opinion I state ain't clear enough.

@Sound Eq I think pairing is one important factor. X7 with different amp module can sound fuller and have great musicality.

Hope next gen of X7 will be the best DAP we've ever met
wink.gif

I also have very high expectations from X7 and I really wish to hear it soon! 

BTW, I want that ESS chip since they can sound pretty good. The OP-AMPs makes much more of a difference than the DAC most of times. 

I like TI, Burr-Brown and ESS better than AKM DACs in general due to personal taste, but all of them sound great in the end 
biggrin.gif

I wish I had an X5-3 now, since I'm testing new devices and now I am even more curious about X5-3 and how it stacks up 
gs1000.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #7,733 of 15,897
Here we go:

You can download TWRP (custom recovery) for FiiO X5-III here.
SuperSU package (root) for installing through TWRP is here.

Brief instructions:
- Unzip twrp-2.8.5.0-X5.zip, install drivers (run DriverInstall.exe);
- Power off the X5, connect it to the computer via USB while holding the Previous track button.
- Start AndroidTool.exe, make sure that only  checkbox #2 is checked and LOADER device is found;
(for flashing stock recovery just untick #2 checkbox and choose #3 - recovery_stock.img).
- Press button, wait till flash operation is completed;
- Go to Advanced function tab and click button.
- We're done.

To enter custom recovery:
- Power off the X5;
- Push Previous track button, Play/Pause Button and Power button simultaneously.
- Wait 5 sec, release Power button;
- Wait till logo appears and then release all buttons.

The guide about using TWRP is here.

Enjoy!

If you appreciate my work, you can donate at the website in my sig...
Thank you.

Great job! First thing I did is to make a nandroid backup, however doesn't seems to backing up system partition though.

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #7,735 of 15,897
Because of my tight budget I have to take a viable decision.I will first go to a near store and compare v20 with my first gen x5(cannot try x5 3rd only available online).if they both sound same quality I will go for 3rd gen and if I find any improvements on v20,I will buy v20.thanks for the help bro.

LG V20 is close in sound quality but can not reach the level of X5 3. So close yet so far.

It's more laid back sound, I see you have ATH MSR7 and they pair great with LG V20.

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #7,736 of 15,897
Hey guys just got my FiioX5iii.... I see many pages behind that Fiio wrote charging specs... But can't find it right now. Can someone please write it down to me? BTW i just have 5v 1A (smartphone) charger here, will it do??

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #7,737 of 15,897
  Hey guys just got my FiioX5iii.... I see many pages behind that Fiio wrote charging specs... But can't find it right now. Can someone please write it down to me? BTW i just have 5v 1A (smartphone) charger here, will it do??

It will do very well! 
gs1000.gif

Because of my tight budget I have to take a viable decision.I will first go to a near store and compare v20 with my first gen x5(cannot try x5 3rd only available online).if they both sound same quality I will go for 3rd gen and if I find any improvements on v20,I will buy v20.thanks for the help bro.

LG V20 is close in sound quality but can not reach the level of X5 3. So close yet so far.

It's more laid back sound, I see you have ATH MSR7 and they pair great with LG V20.

I wouldn't expect V20 to be at the same level any day soon. No smartphone for that matter 
gs1000.gif

Folks at FiiO know their job quite well! 

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #7,739 of 15,897
Does the native fiio music app have any kind of resume playback if you leave that track and then come back to it?  I listen to a lot of audiobooks and always found that feature fairly handy on the old ipods.  I know the 3rd party apps such as poweramp and neutron do it, just wondered if the fiio app did as well.  Failing that is the fiio app compatible with the m4b format (apples own audiobook format)?

Thanks

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #7,740 of 15,897
    Ok Thanks!! 
beerchug.gif

It's true that your phone charger will work fine, but it won't take advantage of the X5iii Quick Charge feature.  QC is really nice -- charge from dead to 100% in less than 1.5 hours.

I'm using this charger and it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back