Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 17, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #7,745 of 15,897

You might need to spend more time with X5 3, then you will be able to appreciate the very differences it makes in sound quality. I listened to LG V20 a lot of times and it couldn't even better X3 2.
It's not just about the details, it's about the space between the instruments and how natural the instruments and tonality. You were able to listen to V20 at higher volumes because it is more laid back sound.
Note: You need to try better headphones to bring out the best from X5 3.

had a chance to compare the 2 using my Oppo PM3. 
now granted, the X5 can go higher and stronger in regards to volume.
but, the details and resolution is superior on the V20. sound is more open and airy. more crispness I dare say.
the X5 is so much more condensed and imaging is small. due to more power i guess, everything is tighter on it.

plus the X5 takes 2-3 seconds to start play a song. coming from an LG flagship, it's a crime against humanity. X5 tested on latest FW.

if you're headphones/earphones is driven fine by the V20 then I say stick with it.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #7,746 of 15,897
Apr 17, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #7,747 of 15,897
Apr 17, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #7,748 of 15,897
How do you know if it's being quick charged or not? I'm using my phone charger for my S6 edge however that phone does have quick charging.

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #7,749 of 15,897
How do you know if it's being quick charged or not? I'm using my phone charger for my S6 edge however that phone does have quick charging.

When charging, the screen will say "Fast Charging," when you wake the screen, if it is a fast charger attached.

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #7,751 of 15,897
Does the native fiio music app have any kind of resume playback if you leave that track and then come back to it?  I listen to a lot of audiobooks and always found that feature fairly handy on the old ipods.  I know the 3rd party apps such as poweramp and neutron do it, just wondered if the fiio app did as well.  Failing that is the fiio app compatible with the m4b format (apples own audiobook format)?

Thanks

Yes there is a resume function in settings. Either by song or last point played

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #7,754 of 15,897
had a chance to compare the 2 using my Oppo PM3. 
now granted, the X5 can go higher and stronger in regards to volume.
but, the details and resolution is superior on the V20. sound is more open and airy. more crispness I dare say.
the X5 is so much more condensed and imaging is small. due to more power i guess, everything is tighter on it.

plus the X5 takes 2-3 seconds to start play a song. coming from an LG flagship, it's a crime against humanity. X5 tested on latest FW.

if you're headphones/earphones is driven fine by the V20 then I say stick with it.

I disagree, and prefer the X5 to the V20. It could be that I'm using balanced headphones...but I think the V20 trades loudness for the robustness of the X5. Though, the V20 is the best sounding phone I've tried. To a side note, the V20 is also the noisest phone EMI wise that I've ever used. It doesn't affect itself, but everything around it.

Come to think of it, the PM3 would synergize quite well with the V20. I wish i still had mine to pair with it.

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #7,755 of 15,897
hi guys

I am thinking about buying a fiio x5 III. I spent a bit time reading about it.

so I have a few questions

1. does it work well with headphones like beyer t1 and dt1350? dt1350 is more my main target but I do want to use this at home too
2. currently I have a smsl m8 at home and it can connect to vacuum tube amp like the little dot mkIII. so can this x5III connect to vacuum tube amplifier?
3. does it work well with PC as USB dac no issues? I saw something about problems not working reliably. has this been resolved?
4. I heard some standby noise issue with the unit has that been resolved? something about sensitive IEM which I had before and got rid of all IEM and prefer larger headphones. plug in and unplug have a little noise is normal for most devices. but yeah cell phones don't do that
5. what colour do you recommend? the wife says black I am leaning towards the red one lol.

so this is best value for money product now vs all other brands. it's not cheap by all means but nothing comes close in value.

it uses same chips as ak380 which is extremely expensive. I don't think it cost that much to make that one. it's 2017 micro electronics should be cheap.

also are there any made in japan DAP out there? I do like to have something I know will likely last a while. I did some research and all the onkyo are from china. might as well just get the fiio since they are probably made in the same factory.

thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back