Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 9, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #7,157 of 15,897
Apr 9, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #7,158 of 15,897
  wonder when the next beta firmware will hit the streets :wink:

Me too...
popcorn.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #7,159 of 15,897
Apr 9, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #7,160 of 15,897
  The noise to signal ratio in this forum has gone off the chart. Sigh. 

Yup, THD% is up too!

It went from this device has too much bass to a point where some reviews said it bled into the mids ( that's a freakin drivers problem not a DAC) to now it swings the total other way? thu fu?

35Hz is 35Hz,  it's a frequency

45Hz is 45Hz,  it's a frequency

and on and on..

The difference in how they are played and relate to other frequencies on the audio spectrum are almost certainly the drivers issue.

Get off the forum
download some apps, use the default one. Play a bass guitarist doing a solo. Tune the EQ or whatever so that that bassist is where you want him/her to be. forward stage, back of stage, using an amp, using a very BIG amp and eating up the rest of the band, find the spot that you like and save it. compare it with other apps after putting in time. That EQ will play across any genre with possible variations on the lowest adjustment.

Audiophile? that is mostly no EQ,DSP or anything if they are purebred. <<<EASY!

you like sum bass? you want mids with that bass? Pull up your sleeves and get busy getting busy.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #7,161 of 15,897
Yup. The X5-3 is good, but the Mojo has the upper hand in depth, timbre, and timing. I was listening just last night to the X5-3 and switched to the Mojo. The tonality is similar but the Mojo is the more capable device where the X5-3 is flatter with less nuance, but of course the X5-3 on its own is more convenient.

Thanks for the advice.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #7,162 of 15,897
Im looking for a new dap and the fiio x5 is with the ibasso dx200 very high on my list.

What is it with the balanced output? It has the same specs as the se output. Is it just a marketing gag? A true balanced output has double the power?

Thanks for the info

Best regards

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #7,163 of 15,897
Im looking for a new dap and the fiio x5 is with the ibasso dx200 very high on my list.

What is it with the balanced output? It has the same specs as the se output. Is it just a marketing gag? A true balanced output has double the power?

Thanks for the info

Best regards

Balance output have different sounding compare to SE, tested on Monk plus 2.5mm balance.

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #7,166 of 15,897

Yup, THD% is up too!

It went from this device has too much bass to a point where some reviews said it bled into the mids ( that's a freakin drivers problem not a DAC) to now it swings the total other way? thu fu?

35Hz is 35Hz,  it's a frequency

45Hz is 45Hz,  it's a frequency

and on and on..

The difference in how they are played and relate to other frequencies on the audio spectrum are almost certainly the drivers issue.

Get off the forum
download some apps, use the default one. Play a bass guitarist doing a solo. Tune the EQ or whatever so that that bassist is where you want him/her to be. forward stage, back of stage, using an amp, using a very BIG amp and eating up the rest of the band, find the spot that you like and save it. compare it with other apps after putting in time. That EQ will play across any genre with possible variations on the lowest adjustment.

Audiophile? that is mostly no EQ,DSP or anything if they are purebred. <<<EASY!

you like sum bass? you want mids with that bass? Pull up your sleeves and get busy getting busy.

'
Very well said.
Just an observation.
You left out:
Human states in psyche/behavior (e.g. frame of mind)
Human states in personal physiology (e.g. blood pressure)
Human states in ability to [correctly] discern auditory resolution (e.g. environment)

It’s more complex than pure nuts and bolts.

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #7,167 of 15,897
Has anyone tried an Andromeda with this dap in balanced mode? The change in sound from the OI may be significant since it's much higher on the balanced out. Power doesn't seem to be an issue (since earphones typically do not need much). I've heard that it is noisy and doesn't sound as good as SE with that earphone but need more opinions on it to make a decision. 

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #7,168 of 15,897
My previous driver was a X3ii with Dunu Titan 3. I was not into 24 bit, but I decided to get some to test my X5iii and SE425. Jeff Bucket's "Hallelujah" and Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" are pure bliss, unbelievable, vocals sound fantastic.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #7,169 of 15,897
Got my X5 Gen 3 yesterday, updated to 1.1.4. So far fiio music player with viper effect is awesome! but due to art album bug i sticked with power amp...... but sometime the player will stop playing after certain amount of songs. so far pretty happy with the purchase.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #7,170 of 15,897
The gain option in Viper is free, but in my experience, not useful. Its not the same thing as ReplayGain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain

I've tried the Foobar app for this reason and their implementation of ReplayGain works properly. But you need to have pre-scanned all your tracks outside of the app. So likely before you put the music in the Fiio's storage.

The Foobar2000 FAQ on this : "Currently, ReplayGain scanner functionality is only available to contributors / testers. Decisions on exact free vs premium features have not yet been made."

I agree, it would be nice to have ReplayGain in the Fiio Music app.
i have tested it too and doesn't work as expected. I didn't feel the difference to be honest (I mean viper effect in fiio app)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back