Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 9, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #7,171 of 15,897
Hello all, I absolutely love my x5 3g! I sold my opus 1 and got the 5 on HBB's rec on his you tube vid ( thanks man ) :) Anyways I've had no problems with it and I really love the sound- reminds me of the old Sony high end cd walkman- very rich and musical, but of course with better resolution. I also feel the highs are really outstanding with Sound Magic E80, really a nice paring with x5 3 and a very good price to perfromance ratio.

Anyhoo I ordered FLC 8S to go up the audio chain :wink: and although they sounded amazing I couldn't wear them for any length of time because the fat metal nozzle hurt my ear canal. I tried all the tips I could to relieve the pain, I guess I just have narrow ear canals. I let my ears rest a week and the problem is even the Sound Magic E80 hurt now.

So to make a long story short I'm looking for some decent regular cans that will sound excellent with the x5 3. I would like them as light and comfy as possible, oh and I don't want to break my poor piggy or wreck my wallet. So far I'm looking at ATH MX50x, Thinksound On2 wood, and Meze 99 classics. Any imput on these or others would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh and I would like something with a nice even response with good sound field positioning. I Iike a nice deep fast bass and lush mids and nice well extended highs and a nice stage and resolution. Lol maybe I'm asking for too much in this price range- 400 US would be my limit. I also live in the US and I can't try out jack **** in any stores around me :frowning2:

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #7,172 of 15,897
Hello all, I absolutely love my x5 3g! I sold my opus 1 and got the 5 on HBB's rec on his you tube vid ( thanks man )
smily_headphones1.gif
Anyways I've had no problems with it and I really love the sound- reminds me of the old Sony high end cd walkman- very rich and musical, but of course with better resolution. I also feel the highs are really outstanding with Sound Magic E80, really a nice paring with x5 3 and a very good price to perfromance ratio.

Anyhoo I ordered FLC 8S to go up the audio chain
wink.gif
and although they sounded amazing I couldn't wear them for any length of time because the fat metal nozzle hurt my ear canal. I tried all the tips I could to relieve the pain, I guess I just have narrow ear canals. I let my ears rest a week and the problem is even the Sound Magic E80 hurt now.

So to make a long story short I'm looking for some decent regular cans that will sound excellent with the x5 3. I would like them as light and comfy as possible, oh and I don't want to break my poor piggy or wreck my wallet. So far I'm looking at ATH MX50x, Thinksound On2 wood, and Meze 99 classics. Any imput on these or others would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh and I would like something with a nice even response with good sound field positioning. I Iike a nice deep fast bass and lush mids and nice well extended highs and a nice stage and resolution. Lol maybe I'm asking for too much in this price range- 400 US would be my limit. I also live in the US and I can't try out jack **** in any stores around me
frown.gif

Meze 99 Classics is the best match with X5 3, it is in different league than M50X and On2.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #7,173 of 15,897
Thanks for the info :) as long as they're comfy I'm going to order them. My original post got deleted, I guess I edited it too much lol for a newb. But I'm no newb no sir :wink: Thanks again, it sucks when you have no way to demo stuff.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #7,174 of 15,897
Guys, need help here. I've bought Sandisk extreme microsdxc UHS-I 64G for action cameras for my DAP. Apparently it couldnt be format to FAT32. Im using Mac. Any other suggestions??

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #7,177 of 15,897
Guys, need help here. I've bought Sandisk extreme microsdxc UHS-I 64G for action cameras for my DAP. Apparently it couldnt be format to FAT32. Im using Mac. Any other suggestions??

Macs do not work well with Fat32 (well, with any formatting, except Mac based). Try formatting with the X5iii.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #7,178 of 15,897

I have a 64gb samsung card in exfat. I put it in the X5 and I recognized it, but some players did not detect the songs well. I put it in my mac mini, format it to FAT (fat32 in mac), and fix it. Try to see if you're lucky.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #7,180 of 15,897
Macs do not work well with Fat32 (well, with any formatting, except Mac based). Try formatting with the X5iii.

May I know how do u guys format it with x5iii? Sorry. Newb here. This is the first DAP I have. Thank you guys!

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #7,181 of 15,897
I have a 64gb samsung card in exfat. I put it in the X5 and I recognized it, but some players did not detect the songs well. I put it in my mac mini, format it to FAT (fat32 in mac), and fix it. Try to see if you're lucky.

Tried. But failed. Error because operation failed :cold_sweat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back