Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 7, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #4,276 of 15,897
@Dobrescu George

@Sonic Defender

@good sound

Yes Sex Pistols have one album but album itself gave birth to so much music. All punk somewhere got born out of that. And how good is that recording is breathtaking, some of the best production work in my opinion. (Never Mind the Bullocks)

I agree music is rhythm age or era does not matter. But yes when music is flooded with all instruments trying to force to be right out there than be back ground support its a different feeling.

Older era - Gensis, Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Who, Doors,  all instruments try and be as important as other, all musicians were gifted and one of a kind thus make that difference.
Mid era - Sex Pistols, Pearl Jam, RHCP, Nirvana similarly have that extra richness to my ears
Modern - NiN, Daftpunk, Foo Fighters,  SoTD etc are similarly creative and instruments are so clearly doing their own thing, makes it fun to hear.

This kind of music, good recording just makes one grin, bad recording can still make one smile. However in the end yes music is personal taste and shall move from individual to individual.
Before The Sex Pistols there was The Ramones.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #4,277 of 15,897

​Sony EX1000 ( if you can get a good fit) are the best IEM ever made IMO. better than ZUES, NOBLE and all the other crazy priced stuff. EX1000 is better with every genre' compared to the K10 and Angie and those cost 5x the price or more. Bass needs EQ maybe but a good seal is the challenge. 

Thanks dude. I think you're the guy who did the video review that convinced me to pull the trigger on this device. Are you the one who keeps talking about Floyd's "On the Run" and wide soundstages? If so, thanks for the video. I'm really digging this machine.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #4,278 of 15,897
  @FiiO >

Finally found a good example [RocketPlayer] of the feature that I would really love to see in the default FiiO player:
Shuffle By Albums when playing a genre (the albums play in the right trackorder: handy for gapless albums).
Been looking for a player that has that feature for ages. Old iPods have that shuffle mode [Album shuffle].
Could you please ask the developers to add that feature. Other shuffle modes like Shuffle By Artists are welcome too.
If Shuffle By Albums in genre mode is added to the X5 III it's an instant buy for me!

Inof ,

Thanks for your suggestion. 

We will report it to our engineer.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 7, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #4,279 of 15,897
  Similar problems here. 5800 out of 12000 or so. Given the numbers I got it looks like only 1 of the 2 mSD cards was scanned.

An update to my prior post. I rescanned and the x5 reported no new songs...however on playing a song randomly, it showed song 1086 out of 12230, the correct number. I don't know why it reported 5800 the first time it scanned, but it sees all the songs now.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #4,280 of 15,897
  An update to my prior post. I rescanned and the x5 reported no new songs...however on playing a song randomly, it showed song 1086 out of 12230, the correct number. I don't know why it reported 5800 the first time it scanned, but it sees all the songs now.

Did you add all the files at once? I've been picking a few albums out, testing the player, adding a few more (maybe 10 albums at a time), and I haven't had any problems. I'm using brand new class 10 micro sds, btw.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #4,281 of 15,897

​Sony EX1000 ( if you can get a good fit) are the best IEM ever made IMO. better than ZUES, NOBLE and all the other crazy priced stuff. EX1000 is better with every genre' compared to the K10 and Angie and those cost 5x the price or more. Bass needs EQ maybe but a good seal is the challenge. 

Also, do the EX1000s benefit significantly from amping?

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #4,282 of 15,897
Hmm, I couldn't seem to set any other launcher as the default. Was planning to use Nova on this so I can sync my other devices' setups.

Any word on this? Trying to set the default launcher only takes me back to the stock one.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #4,283 of 15,897
I just got mine today and, to my ears, this thing sounds fantastic. 

I'm pairing them with VSonic GR07 Bass Edition, which are the only IEMs I own.

I only dabble in HiFi, because I'm a teacher and don't have a lot of money. My home rig is a NuForce Icon HDP, coax from PC into Sennheiser HD 600s, all FLAC files. I'm thinking about buying Fiio's A5 amp to run the HD600s at work, but I also want to see which moderately priced IEMs would give me better sound than the GR07s. Any suggestions? Which IEMs in the $200-$400 range sound best with this magical device?

I absolutely love the Pinnacle P1

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #4,284 of 15,897

I only dabble in HiFi, because I'm a teacher and don't have a lot of money. My home rig is a NuForce Icon HDP, coax from PC into Sennheiser HD 600s, all FLAC files. I'm thinking about buying Fiio's A5 amp to run the HD600s at work, but I also want to see which moderately priced IEMs would give me better sound than the GR07s. Any suggestions? Which IEMs in the $200-$400 range sound best with this magical device?

I have the P1, too. I like them quite a bit. That said, I use my FLC8S much more often. I was able to find a pair essentially new old stock for an excellent price. What with the tuning filters, you should be able to adjust them to a very competent sound.

The FLC8S were the main pair I used when I had the tour unit, if that helps, too. Wonderful sound.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #4,285 of 15,897
  Thanks dude. I think you're the guy who did the video review that convinced me to pull the trigger on this device. Are you the one who keeps talking about Floyd's "On the Run" and wide soundstages? If so, thanks for the video. I'm really digging this machine.

​Cool. I had  a rec go awry yesterday. It happens.

Yup, Pink Floyd  - "On the Run"...that was me
biggrin.gif
. I just did a new vid 5 minutes ago talking about that track and 3 others.

I think most items benefit from the increased dynamics that an amp can make more clear on some items.

The EX1000 can do fine on the X5iii. t is the IEM  used to choose this DAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxed6NyNwyU&feature=youtu.be

Getting a good seal is a pain for some but I got sureseal tips and I am golden. Everybody on here has their favorites and if they rec them in open thread I am sure they are all good.

Good luck hunting and glad you like the X5iii. I love it.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #4,286 of 15,897

I second the FLC8S recommendation.  They would be my go to universals if they fit me better.  Fit issues are not common with those, but for me it just wasn't possible.  I have especially skinny and angular canals so I often have issues with the fit of universals.  Lend me ur ears has absolutely awesome support too.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #4,287 of 15,897

Thank you,

I have received my X5 III, and, unfortunately, it has the problem: It stops at ~80%. Only 8800 of 10006 tracks are found on my µSD card.

I tried with 2 different µSD (a Sandisk 128 GB extFAT and a Samsung 128 GB extFAT). Same issue.

Firmware is 1.1.1

Regards

Ok, I have tried the workaround : I have removed all album arts embedded in the ID3 tags, and my X5 III has found the 10006 songs successfully. Finally !
wink.gif
Tag&Rename spent more than 2.5 hours to remove the images tags in the files stored in the µSD card (write:20 GB/s & read: 80 GB/s). The FiiO is now using the folder.jpg file present in each folder.

I am waiting for a reliable fix from FiiO, because it is quite boring to manage a special library for my X5 III, in addition to my standard library for all my others players and servers.

Thanks

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #4,289 of 15,897
I love my flc8s too but I also have fit issues
frown.gif
so got some Trinity audio phantom master 6 arriving hopefully next 2 weeks although starting to worry about that! Haha

Yep, I have the Hunters on the way... But with how this whole pre-order went I would hesitate to recommend Trinity to anyone.   Unless these really blow me away it will likely be my last order from them.  The FLC8S were so great I still sometimes consider grabbing a pair of the CIEM version.  

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #4,290 of 15,897

I can five 5 other DAPS with ongoing or never solved issues released in the last year not named FiiO.  You gotta know that since you know initial releases are essentially all 'beta" since Apple set the trend as the defacto release pattern. Not working items and internal instructions limiting services for a future release ( make that money boys!!) is the way it is.

Surgery on Rockets sounds dangerous...I will pass and stick to minor inconveniences.

Also Re: Classic releases v.s. new ones.

I find a lot of the best are vinyl rips of well mastered classics ( P Floyd) or re-mastered releases of classics (Led Zep, the original masters were not that great) I have lots of 24/192 but the best sounding files I have is 24/96 of DSotM and Fleetwood Mac  Rumours

Still doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to wait until it has been released for awhile before purchasing to make sure it is stable and functional.  Seems a lot of people reporting not all tracks on the player being recognized.  Kind of a pretty major problem and one I would want fixed before I purchase the player, especially at this price point.  The last thing I want to have to do is mess with potentially thousands of songs just to get the player to recognize them.

I have had my Sony A17 for over 2 years and everything worked great when I bought it and it still does.  Unlike you I am use to having DAP's with everything working properly and I don't want to own ones that don't work as they should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back