Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 8, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #4,306 of 15,897

(when I add album art to my individual tracks the size of the image is normally between 200mb - 350mb, 600x600 pixels The smaller card had approx 1400 songs)

Pretty sure you mean kb. A 200mb file would be like 29000x14000 pixels
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #4,307 of 15,897

(when I add album art to my individual tracks the size of the image is normally between 200mb - 350mb, 600x600 pixels The smaller card had approx 1400 songs)

Pretty sure you mean kb. A 200mb file would be like 29000x14000 pixels
wink.gif

Yes sir, caught that and fixed it. ooops.

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #4,308 of 15,897
  @aangen

going by that logic people who said 8000 out of 10000 copied, the rest 2000 are "non-playable" files?   like text file, or image, etc?  can someone check that ? 

In my case, I only have folders, music files, and now folder.jpg images on my cards. I clean all that other stuff out.
So when the X5iii said it found say 866 files on a card that I know for certain has 1400 music files I know something is up. And yet, looking at all the folders with the browse function on the X5iii I can find no missing files. Curious.

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #4,311 of 15,897
  I have a doubt, being the balanced output impedance 3ohm, the minimum impedance of a headphone or iem should be 24ohm, isn't? An iem with 8ohm impedance is a no go to that output.

Yep, you definitely don't want to use balanced on this for SE846 or CA Andromeda 
confused_face.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #4,312 of 15,897

​Sony EX1000 ( if you can get a good fit) are the best IEM ever made IMO. better than ZUES, NOBLE and all the other crazy priced stuff. EX1000 is better with every genre' compared to the K10 and Angie and those cost 5x the price or more. Bass needs EQ maybe but a good seal is the challenge. 

Have you tried ie800 from Senn? Knowing your basshead love, those are some of the bestt bass and sub bass IEMs ever made. 

Still doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to wait until it has been released for awhile before purchasing to make sure it is stable and functional.  Seems a lot of people reporting not all tracks on the player being recognized.  Kind of a pretty major problem and one I would want fixed before I purchase the player, especially at this price point.  The last thing I want to have to do is mess with potentially thousands of songs just to get the player to recognize them.

I have had my Sony A17 for over 2 years and everything worked great when I bought it and it still does.  Unlike you I am use to having DAP's with everything working properly and I don't want to own ones that don't work as they should.

The X5-3 recognizes all songs, you can pay them all in folder mode either way. 

Sony keeps fixing their FW just like Fiio and every dap maker.

My smartphone also receives many updates since I got it. I'm happy to see people still working on it actually! 

Can album art be displayed if there is a graphic in the same directory as the music?

Yes! 

This is the way I advice it be done! 

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #4,313 of 15,897

Have you tried ie800 from Senn? Knowing your basshead love, those are some of the bestt bass and sub bass IEMs ever made. 

I am a sculptor.
biggrin.gif
I sculpt bass mountains if I need them with an EQ and some amp. Pre tuned gear leaves me less headroom to keep good mids and limits the genre.

I don't use V4A on this device. It's not fully or properly executed yet so maybe in the future.

X5iii +EX1000 leaves me available for Tchaikovsky or 2pac or Pink Floyd with just a bit of EQ for 2pac ( or any Hip Hop)

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #4,314 of 15,897

Statements regarding the music scanning problem on X5 3rd gen

Dear customers,

We have recently received feedback from some customers saying that X5 3rd gen could not scan all the songs on it.

After receiving the feedback, our software team had run some tests on this problem and found that: the using habits of our Chinese users and the song file types they use are quite different from that in other regions. Most of the song files owned by our Chinese users only have external album art, while the customers in other regions are mostly playing the song files with embedded album art. When the X5 3rd gen scans the songs and update library, it will extract the embedded album art image from the song files and store them into a single folder. Since the quantity and size of files under one folder is limited on Android, the player will stop scanning when it reaches the limit. Therefore, when scanning a large music library, some songs might be omitted.

So far we've already planned to change the scanning mechanism, but it will require quite some work to finish. And the first beta test is not that satisfactory yet.

Before we solve this scanning problem, we recommend you follow the below methods to play your music.
a) View and play songs through the Folder view menu in FiiO Music;
b) Use a third-party app to play music. There is no SRC on the X5 3rd gen, so the sound quality from a third-party app is also guaranteed;
c) First scan for all the songs in FiiO Music then exit the app. After that open the ES file manager, delete the "album" folder under the directory "Internal_sd/FiiOMusic". Then reopen FiiO Music and scan for all songs again. (some of the album arts will not be displayed if using this method)

We couldn't give you an estimated time when we could fix this problem so far, and we think that it's not appropriate to make an irresponsible promise here. But we will try our best and fix this issue as soon as we can.

And we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might bring to you.

Best regards,
FiiO Electronics Technology Co, Ltd.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 8, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #4,315 of 15,897

Dear customers,

We have recently received feedback from some customers saying that X5 3rd gen could not scan all the songs on it.

After receiving the feedback, our software team had run some tests on this problem and found that: the using habits of our Chinese users and the song file types they use are quite different from that in other regions. Most of the song files owned by our Chinese users only have external album art, while the customers in other regions are mostly playing the song files with embedded album art. When the X5 3rd gen scans the songs and update library, it will extract the embedded album art image from the song files and store them into a single folder. Since the quantity and size of files under one folder is limited on Android, the player will stop scanning when it reaches the limit. Therefore, when scanning a large music library, some songs might be omitted.

So far we've already planned to change the scanning mechanism, but it will require quite some work to finish. And the first beta test is not that satisfactory yet.

Before we solve this scanning problem, we recommend you follow the below methods to play your music.
b) Use a third-party app to play music. There is no SRC on the X5 3rd gen, so the sound quality from a third-party app is also guaranteed;
c) First scan for all the songs in FiiO Music then exit the app. After that open the ES file manager, delete the "album" folder under the directory "Internal_sd/FiiOMusic". Then reopen FiiO Music and scan for all songs again. (some of the album arts will not be displayed if using this method)

We couldn't give you an estimated time when we could fix this problem so far, and we think that it's not appropriate to make an irresponsible promise here. But we will try our best and fix this issue as soon as we can.

Best regards,

I almost always employ method (a) as my default playing method so i am thankfully not affected by this issue. Glad to know you're working on it.

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #4,316 of 15,897
FiiO, this is really too bad. I'm actually surprised that you have implemented the database this way as many users since the X3 have shared on these threads the use of embedded album art. Regardless, I hope you find a solution quickly and thank you for being honest and bringing it to your users attention.

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #4,318 of 15,897

Dear customers,

Best regards,

Cool Stuff, FiiO! 

I actually use art in folder as well, seems cleaner / faster / leaves more control to me as a user, but for everyone who uses it embedded, there should be a solution. 

Given that X5-3 has enough processing power to not need the embedded art stripped, it is kinda funny that this happened. The simplest solution might be not caching the art files, but this might result in low read speeds for every song, so this might be out of question from the start 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back