FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jun 4, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #1,036 of 7,088
Uhm... hope I'm not jumping the gun here by putting up my review after "only" 10 days with the X5ii, but my review is done and published. Not technical at all (not my thing), so won't be answering all the questions folks have, but I've tried to be honest, detailed and fair. Time to pass on the tour unit to the next lucky camper... sigh.

Link: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-premium-hi-res-dap/reviews/13288

Thanks so much for your review. It was very useful. If you could trade your X3ii for an X5ii, would you do it?

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #1,038 of 7,088
  Uhm... hope I'm not jumping the gun here by putting up my review after "only" 10 days with the X5ii, but my review is done and published. Not technical at all (not my thing), so won't be answering all the questions folks have, but I've tried to be honest, detailed and fair. Time to pass on the tour unit to the next lucky camper... sigh.

Link: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-premium-hi-res-dap/reviews/13288

I like your review, it provides a good insight.

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #1,041 of 7,088
Thanks so much for your review. It was very useful. If you could trade your X3ii for an X5ii, would you do it?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm strongly considering just that. I still consider the X5ii very much a "pocket" device, and the slightly more elevated sound quality, HO power, double memory slots and better scroll wheel are all attractive to me. I understand that the scroll wheel in the production model may be different (and more like the one on the X3ii), but that wouldn't hold me back.

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #1,042 of 7,088
Jun 4, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #1,044 of 7,088
@hakushondaimao - Betting you'll make front page again
beerchug.gif

Thanks. That wouldn't make me sad. 
wink_face.gif

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #1,045 of 7,088
Thanks. That wouldn't make me sad. :wink_face:

Wow kudos on what looks like an extremely well laid-out and thorough review! Do you have any idea how hard it is to not read it?! Trying to keep as ambivalent as possible and that just got harder.

Hope you had a blast with it :)

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #1,046 of 7,088
Wow kudos on what looks like an extremely well laid-out and thorough review! Do you have any idea how hard it is to not read it?! Trying to keep as ambivalent as possible and that just got harder.

Hope you had a blast with it
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the comment, @DDDamian. I had a blast... and now I have regret at saying goodbye... sniff, sniff  
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back