FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jun 4, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #1,051 of 7,088
Treoo is selling SGD 499 on pc show at expo, pre order per brochure

http://pricewatch.vr-zone.com/pcshow//pricelists/treoo/13.html

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #1,052 of 7,088
Could anyone who is participating in the tour take a measurement of the HO max output voltage. Just Curious how much voltage X5ii has increased over X5's HO.

Jun 5, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #1,057 of 7,088
Jun 5, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #1,058 of 7,088
Thanks meng. Looking forward to yours... next week?

Yup. Took a bunch of pics a couple days ago. Concentrated the listening sessions on AKG K553, Heir 4.Ai, HiFiMan HE400, and Oppo OM-2 this time. Used TPEOS Altone200 for casual listening. Listened to a wide variety of music - bossa nova, electronic, jazz, metal, modern composition, rock, etc.

Just going back and forth across DAPs with the planars tonight :L3000:

X5ii is one nice machine!

BTW, I saw you used the A200 in your review. You're liking them, I take it :wink_face:

2nd BTW, have you gotten to try out DX90 yet? On high gain, it's driving the PM-2 with some ahh-tho-ruh-tay!!!

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #1,059 of 7,088
Can we use 256GB cards with this?

http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Professional-UHS-II-Software-LSD256CRBNA1000/dp/B00PLENYXK/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1433486592&sr=8-9&keywords=micro+sd+256gb

Sorry, I've been trying to read through the pages, quite a few left to go.

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #1,060 of 7,088
@Ultrainferno said in an earlier post that he thinks X5ii is catching up to DX90.

I have X5, X5ii, and DX90 in my possession right now and prefer both X5 and X5ii to DX90.

I also said the DX90 UI to me still is better but that is very personal. Sound wise the X5SG to me is clearder sounding than the DX90

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #1,061 of 7,088
I also said the DX90 UI to me still is better but that is very personal. Sound wise the X5SG to me is clearder sounding than the DX90

Good to know. I'm very happy that Fiio isn't using a touchscreen, preferring Fiio's approach to iBasso.

In my back and forth I found one use case where I preferred the DX90. Mostly, I found myself preferring the new X5. However, I did prefer the old X5 over the DX90, as well.

Took the new X5 out for a walk yesterday, pushing my son in his stroller. I adjusted screen brightness to maximum, and it was easily readable in bright sunlight. The smaller size made was appreciated. I set it to Lockscreen 3 to see if I could induce button mis-presses but didn't get any, whereas I usually get play/pause and ffwd/rew mis-presses with the old X5 in my pocket. To put people's minds at ease, blindly controlling the new X5 while in my pocket was easy despite any concerns expressed over power and volume button placement and recessed front buttons.

Thumbs-up for outdoor use and pocketability!

Jun 5, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #1,062 of 7,088
Good to know. I'm very happy that Fiio isn't using a touchscreen, preferring Fiio's approach to iBasso.

In my back and forth I found one use case where I preferred the DX90. Mostly, I found myself preferring the new X5. However, I did prefer the old X5 over the DX90, as well.

Took the new X5 out for a walk yesterday, pushing my son in his stroller. I adjusted screen brightness to maximum, and it was easily readable in bright sunlight. The smaller size made was appreciated. I set it to Lockscreen 3 to see if I could induce button mis-presses but didn't get any, whereas I usually get play/pause and ffwd/rew mis-presses with the old X5 in my pocket. To put people's minds at ease, blindly controlling the new X5 while in my pocket was easy despite any concerns expressed over power and volume button placement and recessed front buttons.

Thumbs-up for outdoor use and pocketability!

This would make a huge difference for me too! Very important feature!

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #1,065 of 7,088
My only caveat on pocketability is that I wear normal pants. No guarantees for you skinny jeans peeps
wink_face.gif

That's why it's absolutely brilliant how you can control playback with in-line remote control of your headphones (the same as X3ii).  Don't even need to reach out in your pocket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back