FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jun 5, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #1,066 of 7,088
That's why it's absolutely brilliant how you can control playback with in-line remote control of your headphones (the same as X3ii).  Don't even need to reach out in your pocket!

True, but I'm betting a lot of us purchase HP / IEM without inline remotes. I know I do.

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #1,072 of 7,088
  Can we use 256GB cards with this?

http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Professional-UHS-II-Software-LSD256CRBNA1000/dp/B00PLENYXK/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1433486592&sr=8-9&keywords=micro+sd+256gb

Sorry, I've been trying to read through the pages, quite a few left to go.

That sounds too good to pass by.  Hope Amazon.ca has a similar deal.  I can wait till the firmware lets us use them.

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #1,074 of 7,088

Does iOS remote volume up/down work with the X3II and X5II?

Just dug out some Apple EarPods.

Play/Pause and Skip functions work.

Volume Up/Down does not work.

That's correct.  Apple and Android implemented volume control in a different way, so utilizing only play/pause multi-function button makes control universal :)

Regarding cables with controls, it's a huge advantage for all those IEMs and cans with removable cables.  Now you have an excuse to use "the other" included bonus cable for your controls :wink:  I have to double check when I get home, but it's not just play/pause with a single click, but also skip track with double click.  Don't remember if triple click skips back, but either way - it's too cool to be able to control playback or skip a song without taking DAP out of the pocket.  If you remember, FiiO introduced X3ii with arm band case for exercising, and that was one big selling point where you can control playback without touching controls while you breaking a sweat :)

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #1,077 of 7,088
I just want a solid audiophile music player that can play above 300GB of music. It seems like the only thing like that around is the AK120 and 240.

Those micro sd card storage upgrades can't come early enough.

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #1,078 of 7,088
  I just want a solid audiophile music player that can play above 300GB of music. It seems like the only thing like that around is the AK120 and 240.

Those micro sd card storage upgrades can't come early enough.

128 GB + 200 GB = 328 GB. Or 200 GB + 200 GB = 400 GB. Achievable with the X5 (II). Don't say that gets too expensive!
biggrin.gif

And welcome to Head-Fi!

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #1,080 of 7,088
Oh, that sounds interesting. How would you achieve that?

Thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking for so long now. :)

X5 has two mSD slots, and there are now 200GB mSD cards. They're really expensive, though!

twister6: Yes, 1 press on the remote's Play/Pause button toggles Play/Pause, 2 presses skips ahead, 3 presses skips back.

Too bad there isn't parity for volume control. That's honestly what I'd use most. I suspect that's be true for a lot of people. Volume needs to be regulated fairly frequently on the go to account for differences in ambient noise levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back